CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Help Forum (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/help-forum-31/)
-   -   Corvette Froum ANOYING popups suddenly (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/help-forum/3592223-corvette-froum-anoying-popups-suddenly.html)

imxz28 01-16-2015 03:17 PM

Corvette Froum ANOYING popups suddenly

I can't read anything without a pop up blocking my window and popup blocker won't stop it. Checked other Corvette sites and it's not following.

This needs to stop !

Zymurgy 01-16-2015 03:20 PM

I'm not having any problems. Are you logged in?

Also moving this to the Help forum as IB actually does try to resolve issues posted there.

Vette_DD 01-16-2015 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by imxz28 (Post 1588735654)
I can't read anything without a pop up blocking my window and popup blocker won't stop it. Checked other Corvette sites and it's not following.

This needs to stop !

The other 200,000 members don't seem to have a problem. For sure, I'm not getting them.

JT will be along soon to tell you what your likely problem is and how to stop it.

eboggs_jkvl 01-16-2015 03:40 PM

Just to note that I'm not having any issues.

Did you try running malwarebytes on your PC? It's free and it cleans out a lot of trash from your PC that sneaks on without your knowledge.

Elmer

J T 01-16-2015 03:45 PM

CorvetteForum does not use Pop Ups. It is either a rogue ad or your machine is infected. Regardless if it doesn't follow, you need to check your computer.

Originally Posted by imxz28 (Post 1588735654)

This needs to stop !

SilverFish 01-16-2015 05:10 PM

I have the same issue only when using my tablet and when not signed in. I was wondering why I was all of a sudden getting pop ups when I realized I wasn't signed in. Once signed in, no issues.

alienranch 01-16-2015 07:53 PM

No issues here.

Torch Red Tulsan 01-17-2015 03:00 AM

I have the same issue when using my tablet. Slows the site to an almost unusable crawl. Mine shows up as AdChoice Amobee (or something like that). I'm on all kinds of forums and this is the only one I have the issue with

FKING1 03-17-2015 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Torch Red Tulsan (Post 1588739471)
I have the same issue when using my tablet. Slows the site to an almost unusable crawl. Mine shows up as AdChoice Amobee (or something like that). I'm on all kinds of forums and this is the only one I have the issue with

I have this issue constantly.
200,000 minus one!!!

savewave 03-24-2015 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Torch Red Tulsan (Post 1588739471)

Originally Posted by FKING1 (Post 1589205019)
I have this issue constantly.
200,000 minus one!!!

I had a similar problem several months ago. I know Corvetteforum doesn't allow pop-up advertising, so I figured I had malware or a virus on my computer.

Finally figured it out. Comcast is my ISP. They offer free security software and a feature that would remember your passwords. Google search showed that others had figured out that's where the pop-ups were coming from.

I deleted the Comcast/Xfinity program and that solved the problem. :rolleyes: