CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 Z06 Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-z06-discussion-170/)
-   -   Interior Color Swap (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-z06-discussion/3608180-interior-color-swap.html)

thesaad 02-17-2015 01:58 AM

Interior Color Swap

I am helping a buddy out who drove my Z over the weekend and decided that he MUST have one.

He can get a good deal on one with the Red interior but wants black.

Does anyone know how much it would be to swap the seat covers and other panels that are red with black interior pieces? Does anyone do this aftermarket?

RandomTask 02-17-2015 07:26 AM

Honestly, the amount it would cost, why not just order a new one the way you want?

zo6 08 02-17-2015 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by thesaad (Post 1588979586)
I am helping a buddy out who drove my Z over the weekend and decided that he MUST have one.

Does anyone know how much it would be to swap the seat covers and other panels that are red with black interior pieces? Does anyone do this aftermarket?

Thats a big job! Seats tops I have seen done! Have not seen bottoms done.

Heard to replace stock seats as a whole about 6k
John Caravaggio make aftermarket ones I believe same number!
I could be wrong
Brow,armrest, and center console plus side console trim has to come close to 700 as well.
I would take advice from other Forum members other cars out there. Or factory order!! May be beter for your friend.
Good luck

TRANS DAMM 02-17-2015 08:14 AM

big job but Im sure there is someone who would do an even swap.

3 Z06ZR1 02-17-2015 01:07 PM

Pass and get the right car. I would not swap interior on a new car!
Makes no sense!

Redc8z06 02-17-2015 01:53 PM

Ideally maybe try to find someone that wants a red interior and just do a swap?

rob3 02-17-2015 01:55 PM

What color exterior and options is he looing for? I know of a red 2lz with black interior for sale.

BOBSZ06 02-17-2015 02:15 PM

Be patient and wait to either order or find the car that has what you want.
Don't even think about changing out interior colors as there are many areas other than seats that also must match.

928nomore 02-17-2015 02:15 PM

What seat package does he have? , I am looking for a new yellow Z with a red interior with competition seats, can find lots of Black ones. PM me if he is serious about a possible interior trade.