CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 Z06 Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-z06-discussion-170/)
-   -   Tire Shop Recommendation in New Jersey (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-z06-discussion/3610468-tire-shop-recommendation-in-new-jersey.html)

VERT07 02-21-2015 05:22 PM

Tire Shop Recommendation in New Jersey

I live in Northern New Jersey. I took delivery of my Z in January and drove it twice so far due to the extreme cold temps and snow. Our MPSS tires don't like the cold or the snow.
Like some others have done on this board, I am planning to get another set of wheels and the Pirelli winter tires. That will make a little difference this season but a big difference in the winters to come. The Pirelli's are not oem size, but others on this board have said they work on the car without issue and fit the oem size wheels.
The dealer where I bought the car is reluctant to mount the tires since they are not oem spec and they don't want to incur any liability if something goes wrong.
Does anyone here know of a reliable and competent tire shop that can mount these tires on our huge oem wheels in Bergen or Passaic County, NJ?
Also, how many of you are running the Pirelli Sotozeros and how do you like them?
Thanks in advance.

LT1xL82 02-21-2015 05:38 PM

Is your bringing them the original tire/wheel assemblies without the car a solution? That way, they didn't put the tires on your car...you did! All they did was mount and balance.

VERT07 02-21-2015 06:43 PM

That is a possibility I considered.
Just looking into all options to see if a specialty shop may be better.

richie427 02-21-2015 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by VERT07 (Post 1589017318)
I live in Northern New Jersey. I took delivery of my Z in January and drove it twice so far due to the extreme cold temps and snow. Our MPSS tires don't like the cold or the snow.
Like some others have done on this board, I am planning to get another set of wheels and the Pirelli winter tires. That will make a little difference this season but a big difference in the winters to come. The Pirelli's are not oem size, but others on this board have said they work on the car without issue and fit the oem size wheels.
The dealer where I bought the car is reluctant to mount the tires since they are not oem spec and they don't want to incur any liability if something goes wrong.
Does anyone here know of a reliable and competent tire shop that can mount these tires on our huge oem wheels in Bergen or Passaic County, NJ?
Also, how many of you are running the Pirelli Sotozeros and how do you like them?
Thanks in advance.

cant re member the name of the place will look, but there are a few, rt46 east in lodi nj. just after bergen honda kaw. dealership.another place in garfield nj benigos, think thats the right spelling.