CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 Z06 Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-z06-discussion-170/)
-   -   Racing sting leads to arrests; including corvette owners - PDR used as evidence. (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-z06-discussion/3627621-racing-sting-leads-to-arrests-including-corvette-owners-pdr-used-as-evidence.html)

ElFingers 03-27-2015 03:33 PM

Racing sting leads to arrests; including corvette owners - PDR used as evidence.

Hello folks,

I posted the following news story on the C7 general discussion section, but thought it was worth highlighting especially for folks living in Houston and that have an itchy accelerator foot when driving their Z06.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-evidence.html

NORCAL-SS 03-27-2015 06:44 PM

I street race and never would leave pdr on. Also in cali you can go for years without plates on the car. My ctsv is 4 years old still have dealer tags on it. Big bust few,years ago people got tickets in mail... but not for me lol

harlold 03-27-2015 06:49 PM

It is really amazing people will

1) videotape themselves doing illegal things
2) upload those videos on the internet

Hypermac954 03-27-2015 07:09 PM

No sympathy for street racers. You can afford a fast car, you can afford a track day. Take their keys and give them a bus pass.

twist-a-grip 03-27-2015 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by NORCALSS (Post 1589282677)
I street race and never would leave pdr on. Also in cali you can go for years without plates on the car. My ctsv is 4 years old still have dealer tags on it. Big bust few,years ago people got tickets in mail... but not for me lol

Very honest and admirable of you - you should change your name to NOCLASS!!!

DerStig 03-27-2015 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by twist-a-grip (Post 1589283049)

I agree.

There is a much better solution to people who street race.

Find them, and key their car. Problem solved.

firstgear 03-27-2015 08:39 PM

Yup....confiscate the car....this will all stop........

dlparsons 03-27-2015 09:12 PM

There's a guy that posted on FB a video of him on the street with regular traffic doing 199mph at one point using his PDR to record everything, I hope he was one of the ones caught. Just plain dangerous and irresponsible!

Batman 357 03-27-2015 09:54 PM

Street racers need trips to jail. It's dangerious to the public. Wise up and go to the track.

BamaJ 03-27-2015 10:11 PM

These idiots should pay a $10K fine & lose their license for a year....minimum.

That would discourage most from taking the chance.

LS1LT1 03-27-2015 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by DerStig (Post 1589283244)
There is a much better solution to people who street race.

Find them, and key their car. Problem solved.

Well, I don't know if I'd go THAT far.
1) That's how you get yourself shot, stabbed or beaten with a baseball bat and 2) you never, NEVER, key another man's (or woman's) car for a stupid reason such as that.
If they're racing down your 25mph street at 100+mph while your children are playing that's one thing. But if it doesn't effect you DIRECTLY then don't go keying people's cars as that's almost as moronic as street racing is. There are other more effective (and safe) ways to handle a situation like that.

cossan512 03-27-2015 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by twist-a-grip (Post 1589283049)

:lurk:

NORCAL-SS 03-28-2015 12:05 AM

Can't wait to show my street racing vids here lol. Love it

twist-a-grip 03-28-2015 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by NORCALSS (Post 1589284993)
Can't wait to show my street racing vids here lol. Love it

I win. I always win. You lose.

tbrenny33 03-28-2015 12:27 AM

What amazes me is the hypocrisy in this forum! I bet none of you killing street racing have ever exceeded 80 or 90 mph in a Vette! I'm not condoning street racing but I'd rather be honest and say I've broken the law too then be a huge hypocrite. I'm far more concerned with texting and driving, I saw almost 4 collisions on the freeway today in stop in go traffic, I haven't seen one street race in at least 3-4 years. People putting way too much energy into the wrong fight. Way bigger things to go after and worry about.

NORCAL-SS 03-28-2015 12:45 AM

People talk **** yet whwn we have viper vs z06 vids none of this comes up. all the people that get all mad at that I know are guys who never have done anything wrong. Sorry your lives are so by the book.

I have some races already lined up for my car just waiting on the drag pack set up from Ben at weapon x. buddy's have supra and zr1s that run low 10s 2 of my gtr buddies in mid 9s and 3 viper buddies. Can't wait to get some good runs against those cars.

keep on getting upset but street racing will never die.... its what started the muscle car era and won't stop.

Muscles 03-28-2015 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by NORCALSS (Post 1589285142)
People talk **** yet whwn we have viper vs z06 vids none of this comes up. all the people that get all mad at that I know are guys who never have done anything wrong. Sorry your lives are so by the book.

I have some races already lined up for my car just waiting on the drag pack set up from Ben at weapon x. buddy's have supra and zr1s that run low 10s 2 of my gtr buddies in mid 9s and 3 viper buddies. Can't wait to get some good runs against those cars.

keep on getting upset but street racing will never die.... its what started the muscle car era and won't stop.

The only way to stop people from racing on the street is to make cars like the z06 illegal. I am so sure that you guys bought one of the fastest cars in the world to never break the law??? Please. I could see in the future fast cars being illegal, or unlocked only at the Track, that would probably appease a lot of you.

In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with an occasional onramp romp up to a quick triple digits and then back down real quick. With the brakes on these things they are probably safer than the average grocery getter going 60 at 100.

G

NORCAL-SS 03-28-2015 02:10 AM

Where we race no one around.. if you crash it's just taking out you and other racer. We aren't on the freeway racing but I have done that also no low there.

It's funny so many people are against street racing but texting kills so many more people then street racing.

heavychevy 03-28-2015 02:40 AM

Well, because it's stupid is why so many people are against it. Just because texting and driving is stupid and more people do it doesn't make street racing any less stupid.

Yeah, sure you ALWAYS race with no one around, and the guys you race always race with no one around. That's too far fetched to even believe. Some encounters are bound to happen and too tempting to pass up when there is a big street racing presence.

docb 03-28-2015 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by NORCALSS (Post 1589285402)
Where we race no one around.. if you crash it's just taking out you and other racer. We aren't on the freeway racing but I have done that also no low there.

It's funny so many people are against street racing but texting kills so many more people then street racing.

The beauty about being a human is that you can hold more than one thought in your head at a time.

Street racing bad, texting bad. On a good day I also realize that drunk driving is bad.

Make sure to post your videos on YouTube.