CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   What did you do to your C7 today? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3629661-what-did-you-do-to-your-c7-today.html)

cheapthrills 03-31-2015 03:54 PM

What did you do to your C7 today?
 
Another car forum I'm on has a thread like this, a place where people can show the things they do to their car without a whole new thread, it seems very popular. Today was a busy day for mine.

Tinted windows, 25% sides, 18 on the hatch, ceramic tint.

Black gorilla locking lug nuts

Wash and wax

Pop top top handle :D


https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...5f191b7490.jpg


https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...d9e192472d.jpg


https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...567f332d67.jpg


https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...0d1c1a5cd0.jpg


https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...e583a9d455.jpg

Steve_R 03-31-2015 04:01 PM

Good idea. We already have one with multiple pages.

http://https://www.corvetteforum.com...-c7-today.html

cheapthrills 03-31-2015 06:40 PM


Originally Posted by Steve_R (Post 1589312484)
Good idea. We already have one with multiple pages.

http://https://www.corvetteforum.com...-c7-today.html

I did do a search for it first and got nothing, your link does not work either.

Blue Demon 03-31-2015 08:38 PM


Originally Posted by cheapthrills (Post 1589313814)
I did do a search for it first and got nothing, your link does not work either.

I finished up the install of my K&N air filter this morning. BTW, LOL, you got him great on that one!

John Ulrich 03-31-2015 09:02 PM

I emailed my agent to add driving coverage back on for a Friday barn removal. Here it is in it's zippered cover to keep the mice away.
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f8...ps471bfee1.jpg

Bill B 1 03-31-2015 09:06 PM

I drove mine! :D

R15LT1 03-31-2015 09:10 PM


Originally Posted by Blue Demon (Post 1589314747)
I finished up the install of my K&N air filter this morning. BTW, LOL, you got him great on that one!

Did you just replace the OEM filter with the K&N or did you do one of their set ups? I've always just replaced the factor filter, but was wondering if there were any ill effects with the C7. I haven't even broke 1000 miles, so I'll probably wait a bit.

C7-Beast 03-31-2015 09:11 PM

Not a darn thing. This was about 3:00 PM.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...psdgyeiwmk.jpg

As I get older, the more I'm considering moving to a warmer climate.

I have managed to get 400 miles on it since purchasing in back in mid December.

MichaelPSmith 03-31-2015 09:13 PM


Originally Posted by cheapthrills (Post 1589312425)
Another car forum I'm on has a thread like this, a place where people can show the things they do to their car without a whole new thread, it seems very popular. Today was a busy day for mine.

Tinted windows, 25% sides, 18 on the hatch, ceramic tint.

Black gorilla locking lug nuts

Wash and wax

Pop top top handle :D


https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...5f191b7490.jpg


https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...d9e192472d.jpg


https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...567f332d67.jpg


https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...0d1c1a5cd0.jpg


https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...e583a9d455.jpg


I just ordered one of those "roof holders" from Amazon - thanks for the cool tip (as I was tired of getting finger prints on the roof).

Roadrogue 03-31-2015 09:14 PM

I just ordered a stingray stinger for mine. Oh, and I installed my new Corvette labeled seat belt shoulder pads.

cheapthrills 03-31-2015 09:38 PM


Originally Posted by MichaelPSmith (Post 1589315039)
I just ordered one of those "roof holders" from Amazon - thanks for the cool tip (as I was tired of getting finger prints on the roof).

:thumbs:

It's great and so much easier to put in the trunk with the handle. Wish I had thought of this BEFORE I trashed the paint on my spoiler with the rear pins on the roof.

cheapthrills 03-31-2015 09:39 PM


Originally Posted by Roadrogue (Post 1589315051)
I just ordered a stingray stinger for mine. Oh, and I installed my new Corvette labeled seat belt shoulder pads.

You doing the self install on the stinger? I'm thinking about a carbon flash one.

Roadrogue 03-31-2015 09:59 PM


Originally Posted by cheapthrills (Post 1589315261)
You doing the self install on the stinger? I'm thinking about a carbon flash one.

I think I'm going to play it safe and have a local shop install it so I don't lose my cool and wad it into an expensive ball. I'm going with carbon flash, too, though I was thinking of being a bit different and going with gray or something on my white Vette.

OVERULD 03-31-2015 10:25 PM

Had Xpel clear bra installed on front clip, including headlights, A-Pillars, mirrors, rockers and sills. Then drove it home from the shop with the top down listening to some Led Zeppelin. It is full blow springtime in Atlanta. 72 degrees today

BJ

EcoBrick Bob 03-31-2015 10:26 PM

I finished installing Fat Mat "Rattle Trap" and their Mega Mat Rubber mat.
I bought 50 SQ FT of each as I was installing it behind the seats as well as all over the rear compartment. I have nearly 1/2 left, after covering everything under the carpet, wheel well and rear inside panel. Took longer than I planned. Would guess I spent nearly 8 hrs over 2 days on the 2 layers.
When I went to start the car I got the NASTY click-click. Shut the doors and of course they wouldn't open. After about a 10 minute panic attack, in which I blamed everyone except me, I decided to call "Daffy Drunk". Tried to get him to bring me some booze, but instead he pointed out that there is a key. After crawling around the car on my hands and knees... I finally found the slot!!! Got the rear hatch open and almost crawled up the front to open the hood, when I remembered seeing something in back that looked like a battery. Took 1/2 hr of charging (10 AMP) before it would start. Even after running it for about 5 minutes and turning it off, my charger is still showing 8 AMPS,,,, Wondering if these batteries are a bit weak.

:cheers::cheers:

OVERULD 03-31-2015 10:27 PM


Originally Posted by John Ulrich (Post 1589314961)
I emailed my agent to add driving coverage back on for a Friday barn removal. Here it is in it's zippered cover to keep the mice away.
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f8...ps471bfee1.jpg

Just curious, what does it cost to store a car like that? When do you put it in storage and when does it usually come out? How do you store it the rest of the year?

BJ

John Ulrich 03-31-2015 11:35 PM


Originally Posted by OVERULD (Post 1589315689)
Just curious, what does it cost to store a car like that? When do you put it in storage and when does it usually come out? How do you store it the rest of the year?

BJ

$135 a season is the going rate up here. Nov-April.....damm, that's only 6 months of play! They are coming out a few weeks earlier then normal this year. I rent a storage unit in the neighborhood to store one Vette and 3 motorcycles in. I keep another Vette at home with a 4th motorcycle leaving room for two daily drivers in a 3 car garage. I really need to cut down but I love em all. Here's a crowded photo from last fall a few days before the Vettes went to the barn.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f8...psb8aa3d2e.jpg

cheapthrills 04-01-2015 09:10 AM


Originally Posted by Roadrogue (Post 1589315451)
I think I'm going to play it safe and have a local shop install it so I don't lose my cool and wad it into an expensive ball. I'm going with carbon flash, too, though I was thinking of being a bit different and going with gray or something on my white Vette.

Need to see when you're done, I think I'll have my tint guy do mine.

cheapthrills 04-01-2015 09:12 AM


Originally Posted by John Ulrich (Post 1589316235)
$135 a season is the going rate up here. Nov-April.....damm, that's only 6 months of play! They are coming out a few weeks earlier then normal this year. I rent a storage unit in the neighborhood to store one Vette and 3 motorcycles in. I keep another Vette at home with a 4th motorcycle leaving room for two daily drivers in a 3 car garage. I really need to cut down but I love em all. Here's a crowded photo from last fall a few days before the Vettes went to the barn.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f8...psb8aa3d2e.jpg

Has to be a sad day when you bag her up and put her away.

Larry/car 04-01-2015 12:53 PM


Originally Posted by Mike02Z (Post 1589315026)
Not a darn thing. This was about 3:00 PM.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...psdgyeiwmk.jpg

As I get older, the more I'm considering moving to a warmer climate.

I have managed to get 400 miles on it since purchasing in back in mid December.

:eek: Local news said you guys got inches of snow (sucks). We only got rain, bad enough! I had my car out three times in March in less than ideal conditions -caught in a snow shower this past Sunday and slopped my car up. Today I am going to renew the registration that expired at midnight.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:14 AM.


© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands