CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   C7 Tips & Tricks (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3639803-c7-tips-and-tricks.html)

alienranch 04-20-2015 10:51 AM

C7 Tips & Tricks

The C7 Corvette has plenty of well known attributes, but there are some lurking behind the scenes. Here's a running list of tips & tricks that you might not have known. Post what you've found, and I'll add it to the list.

Not in manual
  1. Instrument Cluster - DIC cluster application selection represented by a white marker to the left and right of the item displayed. As you scroll through the various application pages, you'll see the white markers move up and down, representing the app location within the list.

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...64b59361a8.jpg
  2. Audio - Favorite (Next/Previous) steering wheel controls obviously change stations/tracks. They also allow for advancing a track forward or backwards if held down.
  3. Navigation - When viewing the navigation screen, your nav application tray icon ('N' arrow) can be pressed to toggle between the map views without having to go through the settings menu.

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...894dcf48f6.jpg

In manual (but often overlooked)
  1. Cupholder divider is removable
  2. USB in instrument panel storage compartment
  3. Sun visors extend along the rod
  4. Turn signal will chime if left on for more than 3/4 mile
  5. "Favorites" can be used to save more than radio presets. For example, you can save Nav Destinations (like Home), contacts, tone settings, artists, songs, etc. - Zymurgy
  6. Although I love the HUD, some people find it distracting. You can turn the HUD display off by holding down the image brightness 'down' button
  7. With your windows rolled down and the alarm set, reaching into the car will trigger the intrusion alarm (enhanced alarm system). - Nosferatu
  8. Presets located in the favorites bar can be renamed under the Radio/Manage Favorites settings
  9. On the navigation screen, tap on the vehicle icon to have the current address of the vehicle overlaid on the map
  10. TuneSelect - for SiriusXM only, allows you to select an artist, song or program that will alert you when playing. I use this every morning for HLN Headline News. I change the channel during the ridiculous ads and it alerts me when the show comes back on. Even alerts you on the HUD so you don't have to keep looking at the radio.

Misc.
  1. Black 'dots' on rear window are actually C7 emblems
  2. Headlight housings have embedded C7 emblems
  3. If you have the screen down and you shift into reverse, the screen will close so you can see what's behind you - Woodson

Zymurgy 04-20-2015 11:05 AM

"Favorites" can be used to save more than radio presets. For example, you can save Nav Destinations (like Home), contacts, tone settings, artists, songs, etc.

Woodson 04-20-2015 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by alienranch (Post 1589456677)
[*]Turn signal will chime if left on for more than 3/4 mile

:rofl: GM catering to the demographic.

That's actually pretty cool though.

alienranch 04-21-2015 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Woodson (Post 1589456811)
:rofl: GM catering to the demographic.

That's actually pretty cool though.

Never understood why more cars didn't do this. Such a common problem with a simple solution.

Nosferatu 04-21-2015 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by alienranch (Post 1589456677)
[*]Audio - Favorite (Next/Previous) steering wheel controls obviously change stations/tracks. They also allow for advancing a track forward or backwards if held down.[*]Navigation - When viewing the navigation screen, your nav application tray icon ('N' arrow) can be pressed to toggle between the map views without having to go through the settings menu.

Part I bold'ed I did not know. Rest I did. Thanks! Keep this thread going! :)

Let me see if I can contribute...

If you keep your windows open and lock the car. If you try and reach into the car it will trigger the alarm. I found this out at a gas station the other day...:lol:

USMCVETC7 04-21-2015 03:58 PM

If you disconnect battery for an extended amount of time (mine was for 4 days) both Trip A and B mileage changes to total miles from odometer.

alienranch 04-21-2015 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Nosferatu (Post 1589464829)
Part I bold'ed I did not know. Rest I did. Thanks! Keep this thread going! :)

Let me see if I can contribute...

If you keep your windows open and lock the car. If you try and reach into the car it will trigger the alarm. I found this out at a gas station the other day...:lol:

Added, and had to try myself. Pretty cool - thanks!

Jakeman11 04-21-2015 09:46 PM

May be already known, but when Rev Match is on in manual transmission car, the gear number you are in turns orange.

Vetteman Jack 04-22-2015 12:45 AM

:cool:info. Thanks.

themonk 04-22-2015 01:35 AM

you can search your USB songs/artists on the right side of the DIC as well as using voice commands.

eboggs_jkvl 04-22-2015 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by Zymurgy (Post 1589456794)
"Favorites" can be used to save more than radio presets. For example, you can save Nav Destinations (like Home), contacts, tone settings, artists, songs, etc.

Hmmmm...

I managed to get 3 "NAV" favorites to show up on the Favorites Bar. The only problem is they all show "NAV" as the title. Can that be edited to say a name, like Bob or Mary rather than the "NAV". I'm old, I'll never remember the damn order I save those things!

Elmer

iclick 04-22-2015 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by eboggs_jkvl (Post 1589471174)
I managed to get 3 "NAV" favorites to show up on the Favorites Bar. The only problem is they all show "NAV" as the title. Can that be edited to say a name, like Bob or Mary rather than the "NAV".

Yes, you'll have to go in the Radio settings. Check out

BBBOOMR 04-22-2015 09:53 AM

When the set button is pushed for the cruise control, the speed that is set flashes on the the dash panel for a few seconds

Woodson 04-22-2015 10:10 AM

If you have the screen down and you shift into reverse the screen will close so you can see what's behind you.

marc4427 04-22-2015 10:14 AM

If you press your car icon on your navigation it will display the street your on , instead of showing what radio station your on . Press the car icon again and will go back to what music is playing

Nosferatu 04-22-2015 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Woodson (Post 1589471708)
If you have the screen down and you shift into reverse the screen will close so you can see what's behind you.

and you cannot lower the screen either if car is in reverse

alienranch 04-22-2015 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Woodson (Post 1589471708)

Added :thumbs:

TNSQUIRE 04-22-2015 11:40 AM

C7 Tips & Tricks

you can edit the fav buttons to read whatever you want. Mine read
Jim's 2014 C7 Vette

Woodson 04-22-2015 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by TNSQUIRE (Post 1589472387)
you can edit the fav buttons to read whatever you want. Mine read
Jim's 2014 C7 Vette

:cool: I'm gonna put Hang on tight!

Jedi-Jurist 04-23-2015 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by alienranch (Post 1589464502)
Never understood why more cars didn't do this. Such a common problem with a simple solution.

My solution is to pull in front of a person who left their turn signal on and then turn my signal on in the same direction. Then I watch my mirror for them to go, "What an idiot, his turn signal is ... oh." Then as soon as he turns his off, I turn mine off. :lol: