CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 Scan & Tune (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-scan-and-tune-91/)
-   -   No Scan Codes and Other Issues (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-scan-and-tune/3639950-no-scan-codes-and-other-issues.html)

bobr8868 04-20-2015 03:28 PM

No Scan Codes and Other Issues

Man have I got a problem. I can't pull ANY scan codes. I mean holding down Options and pressing Fuel four times does nothing. Also, engine tries to start (fires) then immediately dies. Also, drivers seat won't work, door locks, radio, steering wheel movement, and others are inoperable. MAN DO I NEED SOME HELP! Where do I start?:woohoo:

jhopper408 04-21-2015 10:52 AM

I would take it to a good mechanic!

c31980 04-21-2015 07:17 PM

get a scan tool

tblu92 05-05-2015 03:04 AM

Just like your lap-top at home these car computers get glitches from time to time----
The 1st thing to do is to disconnect the battery overnight and let the computer re-set itself ---Most always this will eliminate all the ECM glitches---The problems you describe indicate a communication issue between your ECM and your BCM-----

bobr8868 05-05-2015 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by tblu92 (Post 1589564068)
Just like your lap-top at home these car computers get glitches from time to time----
The 1st thing to do is to disconnect the battery overnight and let the computer re-set itself ---Most always this will eliminate all the ECM glitches---The problems you describe indicate a communication issue between your ECM and your BCM-----

FYI... I have solved the problem. It seems a short in the seat control module created a no comm condition for all systems resulting in no run for the engine, no radio, no tilt steering control, no windows, no security, and many more. It doesn't make since that a short in one module would affect all others to this degree, but it did. I was really looking at grounds, but glad I didn't. For all those who may stumble on this thread in the future, replacing seat control module cured all my issues.

enoniam 05-05-2015 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by bobr8868 (Post 1589564713)
FYI... I have solved the problem. It seems a short in the seat control module created a no comm condition for all systems resulting in no run for the engine, no radio, no tilt steering control, no windows, no security, and many more. It doesn't make since that a short in one module would affect all others to this degree, but it did. I was really looking at grounds, but glad I didn't. For all those who may stumble on this thread in the future, replacing seat control module cured all my issues.

Glad you got it fixed. How did you track it down to the seat control module?

Dale002 08-10-2015 11:38 PM

don't you all love these threads, where the op will cry for help but when he supposedly has figure it out and others ask him questions the ops disappears from the face of the earth.