CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 Z06 Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-z06-discussion-170/)
-   -   Turn off seat belt warning alarm (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-z06-discussion/3640760-turn-off-seat-belt-warning-alarm.html)

SMFCPACFP 04-22-2015 06:35 AM

Turn off seat belt warning alarm

Does anyone know how, if possible, to permanently turn off seat belt alarm on a 2015 Z06?

xp800 04-22-2015 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by SMFCPACFP (Post 1589470684)
Does anyone know how, if possible, to permanently turn off seat belt alarm on a 2015 Z06?

This has been asked many times before, and in all cases the discussion converges on members providing information to do so put themselves in a VERY precarious liability situation.

Feel free to use the search function...

RobsVette04 04-22-2015 11:29 AM

Stupid question, deserves no answer.

range96 04-22-2015 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by RobsVette04 (Post 1589472302)
Stupid question, deserves no answer.

More like stupid answer.

Babaron 04-22-2015 12:08 PM

Back in the 80's, I disabled the seat belt warning in my Honda Prelude by snipping the wire that went to the receiver end of the belt. Haven't done this with new models.

As I got older, I have on occasion forgotten to buckle up and the warning saved me. Never did that as a youngster;)

Speednet 04-22-2015 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by range96 (Post 1589472345)
More like stupid answer.

I agree 100%. So tired of the people who feel the need to hijack this question every time it is asked. Also tired of the attitude of "I know but I don't want to tell you."

It would be nice to see a description posted of how to do this without all the morality and ethics hand-wringing.

JR3AP3R 04-22-2015 12:20 PM

I bought the seatbelt delete from vetteworks. It plugs into the reciever when you don't want a standard belt and can be stored when you do.

3 Z06ZR1 04-22-2015 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by range96 (Post 1589472345)
More like stupid answer.

I agree! Seats belts? I might wear them about 10 percent of the time.
Many days not at all!

range96 04-22-2015 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Speednet (Post 1589472600)
I agree 100%. So tired of the people who feel the need to hijack this question every time it is asked. Also tired of the attitude of "I know but I don't want to tell you."

It would be nice to see a description posted of how to do this without all the morality and ethics hand-wringing.

GM should provide information on this in the owner's manual (like other manufacturers).

RobsVette04 04-22-2015 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by 3 Z06ZR1 (Post 1589472872)
I agree! Seats belts? I might wear them about 10 percent of the time.
Many days not at all!

You must be so cool.

Speednet 04-22-2015 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by range96 (Post 1589473044)
GM should provide information on this in the owner's manual (like other manufacturers).

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic, but no, this information is not provided by any manufacturer in their manual.

It is typically shared on forums. The Corvette forum is literally the only one I have found for any of my cars in which the people are so morally outraged about this that they refuse to share the information. It's really very weird.

L Duncan 04-22-2015 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by RobsVette04 (Post 1589473420)
You must be so cool.

I must also be "cool" because I never wear the stupid things...also when I'm in SC. my motorcycle helmet comes off. I feel its against my rights to be told I have to do something.

Dabigsnake 04-23-2015 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by L Duncan (Post 1589476294)
I must also be "cool" because I never wear the stupid things...also when I'm in SC. my motorcycle helmet comes off. I feel its against my rights to be told I have to do something.

Ok, here goes. I've owned a collision shop for over 40 years and I have seen TOOO many times what happens to those who do not wear a seat belt. More deaths from being ejected, and maimed at the least. Many times costing tax payer $$ to try to save your lives. Statistics are fact, and seat belts save lives. You all have the right to be stupid, and maybe it's an evolution thing? So, light em up, text away, and don't be bothered by that damn ugly obtrusive seat belt. The World is getting smarter all the time, especially if you haven't reproduced yet, cause I'm sure you wear those sperm catchers, right? Ok, im done.

SMFCPACFP 04-23-2015 07:57 AM

Despite the preaching by some of the clowns that lurk on the forum, I asked a simple question. I didn't say whether I intended to use the seat belt. I did get one answer to my question which was to search for the answer. When I tried the search with a few different search I only came up with one hit - my post.

I have been following this forum since I ordered my Z06 in January and haven't seen this question addressed.

Once again - does anyone know how to disable the seat belt alarm?

Please no more preaching, your value beliefs are unimportant to me.

RobsVette04 04-23-2015 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by Dabigsnake (Post 1589477690)
Ok, here goes. I've owned a collision shop for over 40 years and I have seen TOOO many times what happens to those who do not wear a seat belt. More deaths from being ejected, and maimed at the least. Many times costing tax payer $$ to try to save your lives. Statistics are fact, and seat belts save lives. You all have the right to be stupid, and maybe it's an evolution thing? So, light em up, text away, and don't be bothered by that damn ugly obtrusive seat belt. The World is getting smarter all the time, especially if you haven't reproduced yet, cause I'm sure you wear those sperm catchers, right? Ok, im done.

Owned.

:smash:

Originally Posted by SMFCPACFP (Post 1589478579)

Please no more preaching, your value beliefs are unimportant to me.

Part of being on an OPEN forum. Deal with it, or simply don't post. Simple as that.

Originally Posted by L Duncan (Post 1589476294)

Now I KNOW you're super cool.

No seat belt and no helmet....

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...0c4486fa5f.jpg

L Duncan 04-23-2015 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by RobsVette04 (Post 1589478962)
Now I KNOW you're super cool.

No seat belt and no helmet....

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...0c4486fa5f.jpg

If it were not a law that mandates the use of seat belts and helmets I would probably wear them. I know they are a safe thing to wear. But when some organization tells me I have to do something I will always do my best to "buck" the system even at my own risk.

SMFCPACFP 04-23-2015 09:58 AM

Isn't there a way to get clowns like Robbsvette4 to quit hijacking threads.

hcvone 04-23-2015 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Dabigsnake (Post 1589477690)

:thumbs:

Axelrod 04-23-2015 10:15 AM

Hello Presumers and "ass"umers,

Please don't take the liberal stance that you know what is good for everyone else. This trend in society is disheartening. All of the naysayers in this thread will certainly agree to higher taxes for everyone, right? Paying higher taxes is better for everyone because it makes everyone else's life better, right? :lol: Not really. Not at all.

The above should hopefully put some of the replies in this thread to rest.

The people that posted those replies did not think (see the problem?) for one second that the original poster's request could be related to...

Track time.

A car that is used on the street and on the track for HPDE events will need a SEATBELT DELETE option if the car has a 5-point harness.

Why would anyone want to drive around the track with GM's idiot warnings going off when they are securely fastened into the cockpit with an alternate 5-point harness?

The easy fix for this is to cut the metal latch out of another seatbelt and plug it into the receiver while on the track. Problem solved.

Think people, think. The moral compass and nanny state mentality of some is contributing to the degradation of this country. Save yourselves. Don't worry about other people.

Dabigsnake 04-23-2015 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by SCCACornerWorker (Post 1589479402)
Hello Presumers and "ass"umers,

Please don't take the liberal stance that you know what is good for everyone else. This trend in society is disheartening. All of the naysayers in this thread will certainly agree to higher taxes for everyone, right? Paying higher taxes is better for everyone because it makes everyone else's life better, right? :lol: Not really. Not at all.

The above should hopefully put some of the replies in this thread to rest.

The people that posted those replies did not think (see the problem?) for one second that the original poster's request could be related to...

Track time.

A car that is used on the street and on the track for HPDE events will need a SEATBELT DELETE option if the car has a 5-point harness.

Why would anyone want to drive around the track with GM's idiot warnings going off when they are securely fastened into the cockpit with an alternate 5-point harness?

The easy fix for this is to cut the metal latch out of another seatbelt and plug it into the receiver while on the track. Problem solved.

Think people, think. The moral compass and nanny state mentality of some is contributing to the degradation of this country. Save yourselves. Don't worry about other people.

WTF? Corner worker? "Don't worry about other people". I'll pay you to stay home and not man my corners. OP had ample opportunity to respond with your hypothesis, BUT didn't. Heard on radio today that 70% of all auto crash facilities are due to NOT using seat belts. Can't fix stupid. Especially when they subscribe to "don't baffle me with the FACTS, my mind is made up". Sad, and extremely STUPID.