CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 Z06 Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-z06-discussion-170/)
-   -   Tow hook license plate bracket (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-z06-discussion/3644620-tow-hook-license-plate-bracket.html)

Tik 04-29-2015 12:05 PM

Tow hook license plate bracket

3 Attachment(s)
Hi All,

Recently worked with the fine folks over at Rho-Plate to create a tow hook adapter for the Z06 that would allow me to use their very nice and flexible license plate mounting kit. The guys were a pleasure to work with - we emailed back and forth a few template cutouts that I tried to determine fitment and clearance. Then they went quick to work machining and powdercoating the parts. End result is fantastic. Notice the reduced neck size to avoid flexing the grill. Don't believe they are a supporting vendor on the forum yet (I've encouraged them to sign up) but I highly recommend their product. The Z06 kit is not yet on their website - I was their guinea pig but now that we've confirmed fitment, it'll probably go live soon. You can always email or call them - really nice guys to work with.

Attached are a few pics.

Bmbarney 04-29-2015 08:14 PM

Looks like a great idea. Although I stay away from front license plates. It should be illegal.

C4TrackMan 04-29-2015 10:35 PM

What is their contact info

Originally Posted by Tik (Post 1589524842)
Hi All,

Recently worked with the fine folks over at Rho-Plate to create a tow hook adapter for the Z06 that would allow me to use their very nice and flexible license plate mounting kit. The guys were a pleasure to work with - we emailed back and forth a few template cutouts that I tried to determine fitment and clearance. Then they went quick to work machining and powdercoating the parts. End result is fantastic. Notice the reduced neck size to avoid flexing the grill. Don't believe they are a supporting vendor on the forum yet (I've encouraged them to sign up) but I highly recommend their product. The Z06 kit is not yet on their website - I was their guinea pig but now that we've confirmed fitment, it'll probably go live soon. You can always email or call them - really nice guys to work with.

Attached are a few pics.

Pls forward their info.

Tkx

Tik 04-30-2015 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by Bmbarney (Post 1589528469)
Looks like a great idea. Although I stay away from front license plates. It should be illegal.

I agree, though I've already been pulled over once for not having a front plate. First time in years that's happened, but the cop said they're increasing patrols. Fortunately, he was a vette fan and let me go with a warning. Either way, don't want to deal with the risk. This is easy enough to put on and take off.

Tik 04-30-2015 02:09 AM

Originally Posted by C4TrackMan (Post 1589529611)
Pls forward their info.

Tkx

Best way to get in touch:

http://www.rhoplate.com/contactus.html

They are very quick to respond.

Bmbarney 04-30-2015 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by Tik (Post 1589530531)
I agree, though I've already been pulled over once for not having a front plate. First time in years that's happened, but the cop said they're increasing patrols. Fortunately, he was a vette fan and let me go with a warning. Either way, don't want to deal with the risk. This is easy enough to put on and take off.

I can understand that. I was pulled over with other vehicles and received warnings. Nebraska has now allowed a Special Interest plate and now only requires one rear plate. It's a good thing.

SBC_and_a_stick 05-13-2015 12:23 AM

How easy is it to remove? Twist of or does it require the license to come off?

Tik 05-13-2015 12:27 AM

Need to remove the plate and plate bracket first. The plate bracket sits pretty close to the grill and body of the car, so twisting it off with the plate and bracket still on would hit the body. That said, it just takes a couple minutes to do.

SBC_and_a_stick 05-13-2015 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by Tik (Post 1589619269)
Need to remove the plate and plate bracket first. The plate bracket sits pretty close to the grill and body of the car, so twisting it off with the plate and bracket still on would hit the body. That said, it just takes a couple minutes to do.

Good to know. Thanks

Cfsteel377 08-03-2015 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by SBC_and_a_stick (Post 1589619312)
Good to know. Thanks

I bought the RHo Plate Tow Hook Mount, Great Product.

At first when installing the tow hook, seems like does not fit the threads.

Emailed the company and they explained it's due to the threads inside the car when it's manufactured have a coating or paint in them. I used a spray on chain lube and a 3/4 socket to work it in. Now it's threading perfectly !

Highly recommend this plate mount !

Cfsteel377 08-03-2015 01:37 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Cfsteel377 (Post 1590189879)
I bought the RHo Plate Tow Hook Mount, Great Product.

At first when installing the tow hook, seems like does not fit the threads.

Emailed the company and they explained it's due to the threads inside the car when it's manufactured have a coating or paint in them. I used a spray on chain lube and a 3/4 socket to work it in. Now it's threading perfectly !

Highly recommend this plate mount !

Added Pictures!

Tik 08-03-2015 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Cfsteel377 (Post 1590189904)
Added Pictures!

:thumbs:

Agree that it's a great product. Just bought one for my wife's X5 as well as it seems the local cops have really stepped it up on front plate patrols. You'd think they have better things to do...

atyps 06-25-2016 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by Cfsteel377 (Post 1590189904)
Added Pictures!

Hi,

Does the plate obstruct the curb camera at all?
and how does it hold up since it's mounted on the very far edge?

Thanks!

ZR1Bob 06-25-2016 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Tik (Post 1590189992)

Agree that it's a great product. Just bought one for my wife's X5 as well as it seems the local cops have really stepped it up on front plate patrols. You'd think they have better things to do...

They all need and want your money!!!--Bob

PLRX 06-25-2016 10:25 AM

My Z06 has RPO: NLP

Zt0rch6 09-14-2016 11:53 AM

Just ordered one of these for my Z!

Cfsteel377 09-14-2016 07:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by atyps (Post 1592496650)
Hi,

Does the plate obstruct the curb camera at all?
and how does it hold up since it's mounted on the very far edge?

Thanks!

It does not obstruct the camera.. You see a slight part of the plate on the bottom left of the right side camera.

TRS88 02-06-2017 12:29 AM

Have you guys noticed any issues when mounting the plate at the far set of holes with it wanting to flex back towards the body at higher speeds? Because to clear the cameras it looks like it must be mounted at the far set of holes, which would also put the plate closer to the center of the car. Feedback from you guys that have now used this for a while would be great!

Cfsteel377 02-06-2017 06:22 PM

I have not seen any problems.. Mine is mounted so it clears the cameras... No damage that I can see from it moving

Aloe 10-23-2022 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Cfsteel377 (Post 1593058503)
It does not obstruct the camera.. You see a slight part of the plate on the bottom left of the right side camera.

wish my 2015 had these front cameras 🤨
they should have a retrofit available, but they don’t.