CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 Tech/Performance (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-tech-performance-169/)
-   -   Finally decided, ECS kit on the way (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-tech-performance/3648409-finally-decided-ecs-kit-on-the-way.html)

NoOne 05-06-2015 07:26 PM

Finally decided, ECS kit on the way

My plan was to SC my car when I bought it but last year had too hard of a time finding a shop to do it in a reasonable amount of time. 3-4 weeks was the average I was told.

Calls to a few of the big name shops left me disappointed.

Then over the winter I started thinking of going NA because I'd like to track the car.

ECS referred me to a shop last month here in Michigan that quoted a 3 day install and tuned by Dr. Phil. I still went back and forth but ultimately it came down to proven power versus cam witch doctory :)

One thing I love about the C7 is its powertrain, its a great package and every time I thought about going NA, unless I was increasing cubes to do with it I would end up affecting the drivability somewhere.

Keeping the stock cam meant keeping the stock drivability. The 3 day turn around time quoted by the shop and Dr. Phil being the tuner settled it for me.

Ordered from a forum vendor and should be here in just over 2 weeks then into the shop on the 23rd.

I'm heading to Road America that weekend so when I get back should be ready to go.

kiley2418 05-06-2015 07:54 PM

:thumbs:Congrats!!! I'm gonna be ordering one soon myself can't wait to hear the results

DOUG @ ECS 05-07-2015 01:33 PM

Congrats, send some video on track! :thumbs::thumbs:

c6switchblade 05-07-2015 04:49 PM

Get ready for a ton of fun!

anders1118 05-07-2015 04:57 PM

So what shop is doing the install as i'm located in West bloomfield MI as well. I may go this route in the future.

NoOne 05-07-2015 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by anders1118 (Post 1589583540)
So what shop is doing the install as i'm located in West bloomfield MI as well. I may go this route in the future.

So am I. You have the yellow c7 with stripes?

Jakes auto. Apparently they do the install then Phil comes in and tunes.

C7&7 05-08-2015 10:31 AM

you made the right decision!

thegame 05-08-2015 04:58 PM

ECS is the best

beachcomber 05-08-2015 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by thegame (Post 1589590792)
ECS is the best

:iagree: great product, as is the ProCharger. Can't go wrong that's for sure.

anders1118 05-10-2015 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by NoOne (Post 1589584237)
So am I. You have the yellow c7 with stripes?

Jakes auto. Apparently they do the install then Phil comes in and tunes.

Mine is white with black wheels and a red interior. I'm on walnut/middlebelt:thumbs:

You ever consider Livernois doing the install? I have heard nothing but good things about them.

NoOne 05-10-2015 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by anders1118 (Post 1589601535)
Mine is white with black wheels and a red interior. I'm on walnut/middlebelt:thumbs:

You ever consider Livernois doing the install? I have heard nothing but good things about them.

Mine is identical.

I'm down the street, Pontiac Trail and Green Lake.

I called Livernois last year. They wanted the car for 3 weeks. When I asked so long they said the install would take 4 days, from what I read it takes 7 hours by a competent mechanic and then it had to sit and wait for their tuner to be able to tune it.

I have heard nothing but good things either, however with that kind of time management I would never give someone my business. When I asked why not schedule the tuner, then schedule the install just before and they said their tuner had to be scheduled 2nd.

I gave up after that. No reason for the car to be there that long. Had I gotten a more reasonable answer this would have been done last year.

From a tuning standing point there is no one better than Dr. Phil and they were ECS's first recommendation.

anders1118 05-11-2015 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by NoOne (Post 1589602389)
Mine is identical.

I'm down the street, Pontiac Trail and Green Lake.

I called Livernois last year. They wanted the car for 3 weeks. When I asked so long they said the install would take 4 days, from what I read it takes 7 hours by a competent mechanic and then it had to sit and wait for their tuner to be able to tune it.

I have heard nothing but good things either, however with that kind of time management I would never give someone my business. When I asked why not schedule the tuner, then schedule the install just before and they said their tuner had to be scheduled 2nd.

I gave up after that. No reason for the car to be there that long. Had I gotten a more reasonable answer this would have been done last year.

From a tuning standing point there is no one better than Dr. Phil and they were ECS's first recommendation.

Thanks for the info! Keep up updated on how everything goes after the install. Like i said i may go this route soon. :thumbs:

slesher 05-12-2015 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by thegame (Post 1589590792)
ECS is the best

:iagree:

ECS Doug and Chris :rock:

Getting the Novi was the best mod for me overall. You will be smiling till it hurts :cheers:

SquatchMachining 05-12-2015 08:21 AM

Cannot go wrong with ECS. I have been using ECS and A&A blower systems for years without any serious issues.

black98c5 05-12-2015 08:51 AM

Congrats! Dr.Phil Built/Tuned my C5. You picked a great SC kit and a Great tuner. :cool:

DOUG @ ECS 05-12-2015 09:21 AM

Thanks for the kind words guys! :thumbs: