CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 Tech/Performance (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-tech-performance-169/)
-   -   Battery Tender Question (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-tech-performance/3657107-battery-tender-question.html)

460HP-YLO-JAKT 05-25-2015 12:33 AM

Battery Tender Question

No response in General forum!?!?!?!?
I did a search but did not find my answer. My 2015 has the "BATTERY PROTECTION OPTION" and my questions is; Does the charger that comes with this option get warm when in use? The regular Battery Tender Pluses I use on my other vehicles do not……this one does. Thanks.

bowtie123 05-25-2015 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by rdhotc5 (Post 1589698618)
I did a search but did not find my answer. My 2015 has the "BATTERY PROTECTION OPTION" and my questions is; Does the charger that comes with this option get warm when in use? The regular Battery Tender Pluses I use on my other vehicles do not……this one does. Thanks.

My gets very warm.

dironvictorious 05-25-2015 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by bowtie123 (Post 1589700341)
My gets very warm.

I have an aftermarket c-tek and plug it in to the port in back of my trunk. I have a convertible, specifically a Lime Rock limited edition. For whatever reason they don't sell the factory tender with that model, that may be due to the small trunk being stuffed full of Corvette logoed luggage:)

Anyways, it does it a get little warm to touch when charging, not so much when switches to maintenance.

RussM05 05-25-2015 06:24 PM

They cord is long enough to put the charger on the garage floor if it gets hot.

Oskee 05-25-2015 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by rdhotc5 (Post 1589698618)

I too got the Battery Protection Option( US 3300 Corvette Model 1051)on my 2015 Z06 and I use it all the time. The longest I had it connected was for 2 weeks when I was gone and keep it plugged in when I don't drive it for a couple of days. Mine barley gets warm . Just remember to use it in the rear passenger side plug-in recepitical after the trunk lights go out. (The plug-in will stay hot) .Also remember that the US 3300 Corvette Charger Model 1051 is equipped with overheating protection. In high ambient temperatures the output power is reduced. and Do not cover the charger. :smash: To better understand the operation you can always read the User's Manual and Guide that came with your charger. Hope this helps ! :thumbs:

Newdriver 05-25-2015 10:23 PM

Battery Tender

Does the coupe trunk close fully with the battery tender plugged in and the tender on the garage floor? I am concerned with cutting the cord.

Oskee 05-26-2015 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by Newdriver (Post 1589704584)
Does the coupe trunk close fully with the battery tender plugged in and the tender on the garage floor? I am concerned with cutting the cord.

The wires to the plug are thin enough that it will not hurt the cord so you can close the hatch completely. :thumbs: