CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   C6 power driver seat not working (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/3658011-c6-power-driver-seat-not-working.html)

Ask12b1 05-26-2015 09:25 PM

C6 power driver seat not working

I recently purchased a 2006 corvette from a forum member. Just a few days after purchase, the driver power seat started to work only intermittently and now doesn't work at all. Luckily I saved my memory presets before it stopped working. The seat moves when the memory buttons, including the exit button, are pressed. The lumbar buttons work as well. But, the front/back/up/down button does not wrk at all. Can anyone provide any help? Thanks in advance for your help...

4SUMERZ 05-26-2015 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Ask12b1 (Post 1589710916)
I recently purchased a 2006 corvette from a forum member. Just a few days after purchase, the driver power seat started to work only intermittently and now doesn't work at all. Luckily I saved my memory presets before it stopped working. The seat moves when the memory buttons, including the exit button, are pressed. The lumbar buttons work as well. But, the front/back/up/down button does not wrk at all. Can anyone provide any help? Thanks in advance for your help...

I responded to a similar thread this month.
Here is the thread, wiring diagrams, and pics.
Hope it helps:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...t-working.html

Ask12b1 05-26-2015 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by LV2TOUR (Post 1589711056)
I responded to a similar thread this month.
Here is the thread, wiring diagrams, and pics.
Hope it helps:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...t-working.html

Thanks! I read the link. So, if it doesn't move in any position, does it mean that one wire could be loose, or does it mean all don't work? How would I check each connector in the wiring harness? Also, is there a way to check the switch itself to see if it could be the problem? If I could eliminate the switch, it would mean that it would have to be in the wiring harness, correct? If it's a switch, I'll do it myself. If it's in the wiring, I may have to leave it to a "professional".

4SUMERZ 05-27-2015 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by Ask12b1 (Post 1589711246)
Thanks! I read the link. So, if it doesn't move in any position, does it mean that one wire could be loose, or does it mean all don't work? How would I check each connector in the wiring harness? Also, is there a way to check the switch itself to see if it could be the problem? If I could eliminate the switch, it would mean that it would have to be in the wiring harness, correct? If it's a switch, I'll do it myself. If it's in the wiring, I may have to leave it to a "professional".

The switch would be the least likely culprit IMO. It could be just the connector (s) under the seat, or at the switch itself. It's possible it's a broken wire. If you lift the seat to get at the connector, you may see the issue quickly. Play with the connector, and try the seat switch at the same time.
Good Luck
:cheers:

sevinn 05-27-2015 09:41 AM

The first thing I'd check are the main power wires going into the memory module. It's the plug in the middle. On my car those wires were severed off. I'm trying to dig up the posts I made about it with pics when I had a very similar issue. I'll reply if I do find them.

hig4s 05-27-2015 12:16 PM

mine did a similar thing,, but I don't have memory.. Seat would not move while I was sitting in it, but would if I adjusted if when standing out side.. the motor connector had gone bad and it needed a new motor.

wayback 05-27-2015 12:21 PM

When memory is use does the seat move back/forward up/down? If so motor is fine.

I would check the connector under the seat. Make sure it is tight and no broken wires. Many people have put a zip tie on the connector.

4SUMERZ 05-27-2015 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by SEVINN (Post 1589713218)
The first thing I'd check are the main power wires going into the memory module. It's the plug in the middle. On my car those wires were severed off. I'm trying to dig up the posts I made about it with pics when I had a very similar issue. I'll reply if I do find them.

To find your post, go to UserCP Tab, inside there is Subscribed Threads, click on "List Subscriptions", and you will likely find it that usually very long list.

Ask12b1 05-27-2015 05:19 PM

Thank you to everyone who has responded. I will certainly begin looking at the module connectors before I attempt to remove and replace it and/or the switch (hopefully save a little "dough" in the process after having just purchased the vette).

To LV2TOUR's point, you mention "lifting" the seat...do you mean removing it or is there a way to lift it somehow without unbolting it?

Please forgive me, I'm somewhat new at the whole "working on a car" thing, I am really excited about it, but cautious at the same time...don't want to create a problem I can fix, or have fixed, inexpensively if I don't have to.

4SUMERZ 05-27-2015 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Ask12b1 (Post 1589716405)
Thank you to everyone who has responded. I will certainly begin looking at the module connectors before I attempt to remove and replace it and/or the switch (hopefully save a little "dough" in the process after having just purchased the vette).

To LV2TOUR's point, you mention "lifting" the seat...do you mean removing it or is there a way to lift it somehow without unbolting it?

Please forgive me, I'm somewhat new at the whole "working on a car" thing, I am really excited about it, but cautious at the same time...don't want to create a problem I can fix, or have fixed, inexpensively if I don't have to.

If you remove the front 2 bolts, and loosen the rear bolts from the floor, you can tilt the seat back some to get access to the connectors.

sevinn 06-03-2015 10:15 PM

Perhaps I didn't take any pictures, but here is my thread. You'll see a good writeup that a fellow member was able to make by combining our experiences. Our problems were the fact that the seat wouldn't move and we couldn't get to the bolts because it was stuck too far back.

Thanks for the subscriptions idea LV2TOUR it helped alot. I normally go through the hard way and look through individual posts.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1583267248

4SUMERZ 06-04-2015 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by SEVINN (Post 1589766308)
Perhaps I didn't take any pictures, but here is my thread. You'll see a good writeup that a fellow member was able to make by combining our experiences. Our problems were the fact that the seat wouldn't move and we couldn't get to the bolts because it was stuck too far back.

Thanks for the subscriptions idea LV2TOUR it helped alot. I normally go through the hard way and look through individual posts.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1583267248

:thumbs: That's a great write up for anyone having the broken wire issues, and the seat won't move for them.

I'm glad that the subscription idea worked for you. It's an easy way to find out what threads you were on. I purge mine every once in awhile, just to keep them manageable.