CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-forced-induction-nitrous-123/)
-   -   D3PE PROSPEED Dual Spal Fan Shroud Kit with PWM Speed Control! (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-forced-induction-nitrous/3667831-d3pe-prospeed-dual-spal-fan-shroud-kit-with-pwm-speed-control.html)

D3PE 06-15-2015 07:50 PM

D3PE PROSPEED Dual Spal Fan Shroud Kit with PWM Speed Control!

D3 Performance Engineering is proud to announce our new updated PWM Speed Controlled Dual Spal Fan Kit!

Newest Features:

- 100% plug and play.
- Full motorsport grade harness is included (built with Tefzel wire and sealed with Raychem DR-25 and SCL epoxy heatshrink.
- Allows 100% factory controlled speed settings (can be set through HPtuners or any PWM output on a standalone EMS.
- Does not require any outside control unit or temp sensor.
- Comes standard with 11" Spal Extreme Duty fans, flows more than any fan within its size, with and without a restriction (intercooler, condensor, and radiator).
- Shroud is a 100% bolt in affair, no modification needed.
- Will increase airflow speed across the radiator and heat exchanger for better cooling
- Works with all factory, C&R, and LG motorsport radiators.

*For the best cooling combination, we can offer this fan setup paired with the C&R radiator!

We have these in stock for all C6 Corvette models, pricing is $899.99 plus S/H, dealer inquires welcome. Please email Sales@D3PerformanceEngineering.com or call 832-230-1094 for more information or to order!

C U IN REARVEIW 06-15-2015 09:17 PM

Nice. Just got mine supercharged....will see what temps look like and will consider this option.

inspector12 06-15-2015 09:24 PM

Looks great Dave! Better than the proto type I saw you working on a few months ago.

Slo-Poc 06-16-2015 08:27 AM

Luck me, I think my stock unit is dieing. Definitely looks to be the best option. :cheers:

DSteck 06-16-2015 11:16 AM

Crydom solid state relay?

dsp300c 06-16-2015 11:32 AM

will this fit c6's with a bigger headunit like an f1r or f1x?

schpenxel 06-16-2015 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by DSteck (Post 1589851513)
Crydom solid state relay?

Appears so.

What freq does the factory system use?

D3PE 06-16-2015 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by dsp300c (Post 1589851660)
will this fit c6's with a bigger headunit like an f1r or f1x?

It should if you are using a full rad with the lowered radiator stay, but we have not verified, with that said, if you are running a Dewitts rad, these do not fit as the header to header length is shorter then OEM, also if its cut down, it also will not fit.

I will try to make an engineering drawing with overall dimensions to allow for space checking on custom supercharger setups.

D3PE 06-16-2015 01:04 PM

For those with supercharger systems or custom setups, heres basic dimensions to check if space is there or not.

http://i57.tinypic.com/2wejg9z.jpg

dsp300c 06-16-2015 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by D3PE (Post 1589852175)
It should if you are using a full rad with the lowered radiator stay, but we have not verified, with that said, if you are running a Dewitts rad, these do not fit as the header to header length is shorter then OEM, also if its cut down, it also will not fit.

I will try to make an engineering drawing with overall dimensions to allow for space checking on custom supercharger setups.

I have a stock fan with a stock radiator and use the lower cradle provided by Procharger.

nareg 06-16-2015 06:10 PM

How much more air does this move vs the stock fan/s?

inspector12 06-16-2015 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by nareg (Post 1589854600)
How much more air does this move vs the stock fan/s?

About as much as your blower lol! JKing. How you doing? If you haven't done some cooling upgrades yet buddy might start thinking about it. I haven't seen any SC corvettes that didn't benefit from radiator and fans. But Bill did hold out for a LONG time lol! But I think he was just waiting on a deal etc.

DSteck 06-16-2015 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by schpenxel (Post 1589852077)
Appears so.

What freq does the factory system use?

128Hz, which is well within usable range for a SSR.

Streetk14 06-16-2015 09:56 PM

Just to clarify this above statement..... will this fan setup work with a standard sized Dewitts radiator? I'd love one of these, but probably not if it means getting rid of my Dewitts and buying another radiator.

D3PE 06-17-2015 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Streetk14 (Post 1589856156)
Just to clarify this above statement..... will this fan setup work with a standard sized Dewitts radiator? I'd love one of these, but probably not if it means getting rid of my Dewitts and buying another radiator.

It does not

Unreal 06-17-2015 07:19 PM

And I don't see any way that is fitting with most centri inlet setups that require the upper passenger side trimmed down to clear the inlet.

nareg 06-17-2015 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by inspector12 (Post 1589854796)
About as much as your blower lol! JKing. How you doing? If you haven't done some cooling upgrades yet buddy might start thinking about it. I haven't seen any SC corvettes that didn't benefit from radiator and fans. But Bill did hold out for a LONG time lol! But I think he was just waiting on a deal etc.

Hey what's up Jeff? I currently have 2 spal fans (not sure which model) on a plastic bracket and it does keep the car cool on the highway (190-200 during a hot typical Houston day and 178-190 at night) however in typical Houston traffic with the ac on the water temps can get in the 220-230 range real quick.

inspector12 06-18-2015 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by nareg (Post 1589863205)
Hey what's up Jeff? I currently have 2 spal fans (not sure which model) on a plastic bracket and it does keep the car cool on the highway (190-200 during a hot typical Houston day and 178-190 at night) however in typical Houston traffic with the ac on the water temps can get in the 220-230 range real quick.

Yeah I did a quite a bit of changes after Billy and I finished my car the first time because of the same reason. But not an issue any more. Just give me a ring if you want to chat about it a little before you buy anything.

nareg 06-18-2015 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by inspector12 (Post 1589864855)
Yeah I did a quite a bit of changes after Billy and I finished my car the first time because of the same reason. But not an issue any more. Just give me a ring if you want to chat about it a little before you buy anything.

Will do man :cheers:

Tom@Dewitt 06-18-2015 06:36 PM

if you are running a Dewitts rad, these do not fit as the header to header length is shorter then OEM, also if its cut down, it also will not fit.

First, let me say you did a real nice job on that fan upgrade kit.
The shroud and fan package looks like something we'd do.

Second, our C6 radiator is built slightly shorter (about 3/4") than the stock radiator. The reason we do this is because it was the only way we could fit the radiator without trimming any plastic from the cover. We take pride in our line of radiators being a true Direct Fit and this seemed to be the only way. A lot of guys adding blowers and SC appreciate the extra clearence over the top of the radiator.

The term "header to header" (H2H) is often misused even by professional radiator people, so let me explain. The "header" is the plate that all the tubes weld into and there is one on each side. The end tank is welded to the header to create a chamber. The stock H2H dimension is 23.6" and so is ours. What IS different is the distance between the SIDE CHANNELS. This page shows both the inside and outside view of a header. Since the DP3E shroud is designed to mount on the factory fan mounting tabs, I don't see why it wouldn't fit our radiator. The shroud might stick up higher on our radiator, or look like it does, but that postion should be the same as any other brand. Again, nice job on the fans!

http://www.dewitts.com/pages/brazed-...radiator-cores