CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 Tech/Performance (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-tech-performance-169/)
-   -   -LG Motorsports C7 Mono ball control arm kits - (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-tech-performance/3680153-lg-motorsports-c7-mono-ball-control-arm-kits.html)

Anthony @ LGMotorsports 07-10-2015 04:56 PM

-LG Motorsports C7 Mono ball control arm kits -

--READY NOW!--

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...056f9d7b82.jpg

LG Motorsports is proud to release their new mono ball control arm kit for all C7 Corvette's including the Z06. This is something we have done for race cars here at the shop for years, and now it is available now for the home user to install.

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...66478e347b.jpg

Coming directly from our World Challenge and GrandAm racing projects, this kit is now ready for you to install at home. Don't have time or the tools to do the install at home? Have one of the tech's here at LG Motorsports set the control arms up for you, just ask your sales rep for details!

What does this do for you the home user? These will allow the arms to pivot in a smooth, and correct motion like they are suppose to. No more deflection under loading, no more changing in toe resulting in a nervous feeling Corvette on track!

Our kit uses a high quality stainless ball with a Teflon lined race so you will have years of trouble free life from the bearings, just like our HD Quiet end links. Unlike other kits on the market today that require you to glue the bearing races into the control arms, our kit is precisely machined to be a close press fit that will not move without having to resort to glue to hold it. This process can be done at home with a little bit of fire and ice, or LG Motorsports can do it for you!

Kits include: mono ball housings, bearings, retaining clips, spacers, cross shafts (where needed) and instructions. Bearings are pre-assembled in the housings before shipment to the user.

Kits are available for all four control arms, or just rears for you drag racers! Don't want to wait, opt for a completely new set of arms with bearings installed!

MSRP for the complete car set of inserts $1995.95

Taking orders now, delivery in 1-2 weeks from today.

NoOne 07-10-2015 05:14 PM

Noise/Harshness?

I'm sure the C7 may suffer the same problem but with good pads, Hawk Black's on my C5 after 2 track days I had removed 50 percent of the front control arm bushings from their housing.

So much torque on them it pushed them out.

Anthony @ LGMotorsports 07-10-2015 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by NoOne (Post 1590022540)
Noise/Harshness?

I'm sure the C7 may suffer the same problem but with good pads, Hawk Black's on my C5 after 2 track days I had removed 50 percent of the front control arm bushings from their housing.

So much torque on them it pushed them out.

It is a bearing joint and no rubber, but we did a Teflon liner in the bearings to reduce noise as much as possible.

The upper arms are going to be just like the C6Z in that they move easily on the arm and will slip over time.

The other thing we had noticed during testing of our coil overs and sway bars was just how much the arms move, and how much deflection is in the OEM control arm bushings.

I have some video during testing, just need to get some editing done and post.

Anthony @ LGMotorsports 07-23-2015 06:00 PM

Items are now in stock and will be shipping tomorrow for those with pre-orders in!

Anthony @ LGMotorsports 08-25-2015 07:12 PM

Assembling more sets this week!

robert miller 08-25-2015 09:09 PM

ttt

How about a group buy, Plus sending in the stock parts and getting your guys to put them in price...

I love the headers & mid pipe from LG. Robert

Anthony @ LGMotorsports 08-28-2015 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by robert miller (Post 1590348357)
How about a group buy, Plus sending in the stock parts and getting your guys to put them in price...

I love the headers & mid pipe from LG. Robert

We do a discount on the install here as part of the package.

Might entertain a GP on kits though.

robert miller 08-28-2015 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Anthony @ LGMotorsports (Post 1590368380)
We do a discount on the install here as part of the package.

Might entertain a GP on kits though.

Message me back a price if I pull them off my car & ship them to you. Love your guys stuff in the car. Robert

Anthony @ LGMotorsports 08-31-2015 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by robert miller (Post 1590368735)
Message me back a price if I pull them off my car & ship them to you. Love your guys stuff in the car. Robert

Sent! :thumbs:

Anthony @ LGMotorsports 11-10-2015 10:50 AM

Finishing more kits this week!

Anthony @ LGMotorsports 01-13-2016 05:23 PM

We also offer these as rear only kits for you drag racers too!

Anthony @ LGMotorsports 01-15-2016 03:31 PM

Just some on track footage to show you just how much the C7 control arms move while on track :eek: