CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   This Car Wants To Go Fast (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3683352-this-car-wants-to-go-fast.html)

OrioleFan 07-17-2015 12:16 AM

This Car Wants To Go Fast

I was out driving her tonight and I was in 5th going 70 at around 2k RPM. I gave it a little gas and I'm at 75 with no effort at all. The car just wants to "go."

More I drive it I'm impressed with the power. I know 1-4 has the most power but it even seems like 5th has some "go" to it as well.

And the car feels better and better the faster you go.

Impressive.

And as a side note it just seems like I was going to want all the creature comforts in the 2LT but I haven't even explored them. It's like you get in the car and you're so wrapped up in the "drive" I don't even think about those things.

mpuzach 07-17-2015 12:35 AM

I know exactly what you mean. Every time I drive mine I'm blown away by the car's incredible acceleration. Everything about the car just reeks of high performance. Gotta love it.

Vetteman Jack 07-17-2015 12:51 AM

With 460 hp and lots of torque, the car should be fast. GM did it right with the C7.

Steve_R 07-17-2015 01:48 AM

Do you have 200 miles on it yet? :lol:

C7Joy 07-17-2015 07:07 AM

I had a 260 mile drive home from the dealer when I picked up my car. Most of the drive was interstates and I was stunned how much response I felt from a gentle nudge of the accelerator even in 7th gear. Amazing to me.

:rock:

Fear The Fork 07-17-2015 07:47 AM

:iagree:

1SG_Ret 07-17-2015 08:00 AM

Agreed, the car is crazy fast for us non-racer types. On an interstate it's easy to get o 85-90 MPH when accelerating around someone. You look down at the speedo and think "Holy Cow" (but not in those words).

Yes, GM got it right. Reading car mags and comparing Euro cars perf results with the C7 and for 10ths of a second diff you pay 10's of thousand$ more (sometime $100's more).

While the C7 may not be perfect (what is), it's world class at an affordable price IMO. I could not be happier with mine. :thumbs:

sanantguy 07-17-2015 08:36 AM

****, my G37 gets to 90 accelerating around people easily. This thing better blow my mind when she comes in. I'm not upgrading from a prius here.

dvilin 07-17-2015 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by sanantguy (Post 1590067974)
****, my G37 gets to 90 accelerating around people easily. This thing better blow my mind when she comes in. I'm not upgrading from a prius here.

Yes you are.

aj98 07-17-2015 08:48 AM

2k rpm is barely in the power curve :)

After your break in period....

For a really cheap thrill, and with lots of open road in front of you, in S or Tr mode, do a 5-4-3 sequential downshift @ 70mph...Should put you just above 4k rpm...
then give it a little gas....

note I said "a little" not "punch it."

"A little" should put a big grin on your face.

Punching it will produce (far more more than just) the "holy cow" moment 1SG Ret pointed out ...

(being unprepared for that could lead to the negative meaning of "holy cow")

dvilin 07-17-2015 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by aj98 (Post 1590068058)
2k rpm is barely in the power curve :)

After your break in period....

For a really cheap thrill, and with lots of open road in front of you, in S or Tr mode, do a 5-4-3 sequential downshift @ 70mph...Should put you just above 4k rpm...
then give it a little gas....

note I said "a little" not "punch it."

"A little" should put a big grin on your face.

Punching it will produce (far more more than just) the "holy cow" moment 1SG Ret pointed out ...

(being unprepared for that could lead to the negative meaning of "holy cow")

No need he has a M7 plenty of ways to feel the power in the complete RPM range. Plus you have no lift shift to really have some fun. Nothing like it.

C8Jake 07-17-2015 09:00 AM

looks fast standin' still :thumbs:
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...e9bc8d9631.jpg

DAFFYDRUNK 07-17-2015 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by sanantguy (Post 1590067974)

I highly doubt you'll be disappointed. I was showing my brother in law the no lift shift while driving to the lake the other day. Low dropped it into 2nd at 68 MPH while flooring it. Speed shifted to 3rd at 88ish MPH, then let off. About 3 seconds. Was going close to 100 when I let off. Dashark likes doing that. She screams.

sanantguy 07-17-2015 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by dvilin (Post 1590068046)
Yes you are.

Hahahaha alright.

First, I think Chevy could learn many lessons from Infiniti. From proper customer service to building a quality product for less.

I have zero complaints about my current car, it is loaded and was over 20k less than a 1LT.

Throwing a big V8 in a car does not make it great.

Point is my vette has a very high bar to meet, I hope it can.

dvilin 07-17-2015 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by sanantguy (Post 1590068185)
Hahahaha alright.

First, I think Chevy could learn many lessons from Infiniti. From proper customer service to building a quality product for less.

I have zero complaints about my current car, it is loaded and was over 20k less than a 1LT.

Other than proper customer service that issue is all over the map and I know what you mean, I think the Corvette will meet your expectations as far as performance and quality.

motomanvette 07-17-2015 09:17 AM

Get a tune and a few MODs and you'll see how much faster this car can be. My buddy drove my car and I drove his stock 7-sp and he coudn't believe the difference. GM has things dialed back in the name of reliability :D

DAFFYDRUNK 07-17-2015 09:33 AM

Hahahaha alright.

So far I'm happy with the quality other than maybe some room for improvement in the paint department. My car performs flawless so far.

I agree about the customer service comments. I'm fearful to take my car in for any service as I worry about damage or inept service guys. When spending this much money on a product of any sort this simply should not be the case. I'll change my own oil and only take it to the dealer if something expensive fails. Hell, since I got my car from Macmulkin, I might not even be able to get it serviced depending on whether the local dealer has a pitty party.

Even at the start of the 3rd model year, C7s are still high demand cars. If GM was smart they should've leveraged this demand into dramatically improved customer service. You don't provide quality customer service you mysteriously have allocation issues. Get rid of this awful survey system too. Doesn't accomplish anything when I'm afraid to answer it honestly for fear of retaliation by the people servicing my car.

C8Jake 07-17-2015 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by motomanvette (Post 1590068250)
GM dialed things back in the name of reliability :D

not a bad thing :thumbs:

gpotski 07-17-2015 09:42 AM

You might need to get your car checked…

If I'm going 70 mph, and give it a little gas, I shoot up to 80+ immediately!

:cheers:

Corgidog1 07-17-2015 09:46 AM

Hahahaha alright.

I had an 05 G35 6 speed which had only 30 or so less hp than G37 and the difference in power with the C7 is huge. The G35 stick was way too notchy between 1st and 2nd gear which is not the case with the C7. If you are getting a stick, you will also love the improvement in shifting.