CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Roof Panel Issue. (Solved) (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3684319-roof-panel-issue-solved.html)

MASTRO 07-19-2015 12:44 AM

Roof Panel Issue. (Solved)

2015 Z51 A8. Car is 2 months old. Roof went on easy first 45 days then last week was a little tough to get back on. I didn't think much of it, figured I just had it angled wrong or something.
Tonight couldn't get it on for anything so I "forced" it on. The drivers side front would not go in the hole. I had to lock in passenger side, snap middle latch and put decent pressure on driver side while turning handle.
I came to the forum and read every thing on roof issues, seems there were plenty of rattle issues but no didn't fit issues.
Went back downstairs at midnight and really inspected it and found the issue. :rock::rock:

Picture 1 shows the drivers side hole near windshield. It shows some white in there which is actually part of the tab from the top. (Guess I used a little pressure when forcing it in. :ack:)
Picture 2 shoes the front tab with a little of the tab rubbed off. :crazy2:
Picture 3 is tab that is on back of roof. This is where issue was. It was completely loose. So loose it didn't go into rear hole enough to set proper alignment. Tightened it up and top slid in like butter. :woohoo:

MASTRO 07-19-2015 12:47 AM

Pic 1

1 Attachment(s)
Pic 1

MASTRO 07-19-2015 12:48 AM

Pic 2

1 Attachment(s)
Pic 2

MASTRO 07-19-2015 12:49 AM

Pic 3

1 Attachment(s)
Pic 3

Vetteman Jack 07-19-2015 11:51 AM

Good you got it solved and it didn't take a trip to the dealer.

CaryKen 07-19-2015 11:20 PM

I had a similar symptom with a completely different cause. Just in case somebody ever comes to this thread through a search because they are having the problem.

In my case, I discovered that the rubber weatherstripping at the rear corner (above the window and where the back of the roof panel meets the body) had gotten pinched upwards. The panel was pressing against a bubble of rubber poking up where it should be lying down. Once you see it, it's easy to flatten the rubber strip back into place so the roof slips back into its docking position. But if you are sitting inside the cabin wondering why you can't get the latches to engage, you can't see the rubber and have no idea that is causing the problem until you get out and examine it.

Just one more thing to check if you find you are having to force the lid into position.

:cheers:

vetehead 07-20-2015 05:37 AM

The permanent resolution is on its way. The squeak and rattle engineers has been looking at this for a while now. It seems as the the creaking / rattling sound a lot of coupe owners are experiencing is from the 2 front strikers/receivers mounted to windshield header. If I got it right they are already in production on MY 16 and should be available via SOP and a tsb will be issued. I sure hope this is the fix as this is the one and only noise I'm still chasing in my car!

Snake.Oiler 07-20-2015 06:41 AM

Are those attachments really large for everyone? For some reason attachments are showing at full resolutions, whereas other linked images show based on my forum settings.

bilzvette 07-20-2015 09:32 AM

Check on interior motion alarm

If you have 2 or 3 LT interior with the interior motion alarm, you might check that alarm and make sure it still works. I had my car in the dealer for 2-1/2 weeks trying to get it fixed. Told them when I brought it in that I had concerns with the drivers side windshield switch, but since it didn't show up on the computer, they dismissed that idea. Finally after two weeks and repeated calls to Chevy, they checked that switch and it was broken, they replaced it and the alarm worked as intended. Just saying that all that "forcing fit" might have damaged the windshield switch.
Good Luck,
bill