CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 Z06 Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-z06-discussion-170/)
-   -   2016 Corvette Price Increase? Not technically, but... (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-z06-discussion/3685063-2016-corvette-price-increase-not-technically-but.html)

Dave@Ciocca 07-20-2015 04:29 PM

2016 Corvette Price Increase? Not technically, but...

GM has announced a price increase on the 2016 Corvette, but it's different than what you've seen in the past.

The MSRP has remained the same, but they have increased the dealer's cost on both the model and the options!

If you had an order in before 07/17/15, you are price protected.

How will this affect pricing? Even though the MSRP is the same, you will see less discount from the dealer for the dealer to make the same amount. GM Supplier and GM Employee Pricing will now be higher.

If you buy a car for a certain amount over invoice/cost, it will now be higher.

In my 22 years here, this is the first time I've seen GM take away dealer markup from the Corvette. Over the years I've seen them take it away from every car except Corvette and Cadillac and then they took it away from every Cadillac except Escalade.

Obviously, the 2016 Corvettes that are already on the ground or invoiced will not be effected and neither will any of the remaining 2015s, but going forward you will start seeing much smaller discounts off of MSRP.

Dave

khoeysr 07-20-2015 04:32 PM

Discounts off of MSRP???????

Who is this? What have you done with Dave?????

:rock::rock::rock::rock:

HolyRoller 07-20-2015 04:50 PM

Meh. The free market sets the street price, as always. Buyers don't have to pay the stratospheric prices that dealers ask; dealers don't have to accept the pittances that buyers offer. Sooner or later, some of them meet in the middle. Nothing to see here, drive on.

Dave@Ciocca 07-20-2015 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by khoeysr (Post 1590091800)
Discounts off of MSRP???????

Who is this? What have you done with Dave?????

:rock::rock::rock::rock:

We haven't offered any discounts, but there are members here that said they are getting them so I wanted to make the info available. At this point, this will affect the Stingray more than the Z06.

Dave

Rguy271 07-20-2015 05:37 PM

Im still blown away this car sells at MSRP.

Ill just hang out on the sideline waiting for prices to dropppp.

bluestreak63 07-20-2015 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by HolyRoller (Post 1590091936)
Buyers don't have to pay the stratospheric prices that dealers ask

Didn't know Kerbeck charged stratospheric prices.

Props to Dave for keeping us informed...:thumbs:

Chrjones2 07-20-2015 07:35 PM

How much was your cost increased?

Thanks

Mr. Gizmo 07-20-2015 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Chrjones2 (Post 1590093199)

Thanks

Dealer in st louis told me base sticker is 79,400 and destination is 995, and gas guzzler for a8 is $1300.

bub 07-20-2015 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by Chrjones2 (Post 1590093199)

Thanks

I am interested in this revised invoice/cost % as well.

I'd assume maybe a 2% hike for the house (GM Corporate) or something like that. GM wants the cars transacting closer to MSRP...that was their logic when they did most other makes/models after bankruptcy in '09 MY...

Again, thanks for the heads up Dave. :thumbs:

Greg00Coupe 07-21-2015 07:39 AM

yep discounts off MSRP have happened from day1. Just got to shop. Every dealer makes business decisions with each deal and every buyer does the same.

Just picked up mine yesterday and got a nice discount as I did with my 14. But his allocations are limited....... he's willing to move cars and make less profit which works for me plus gives he a great trade in.

Dave@Ciocca 07-21-2015 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by bub (Post 1590094724)
I am interested in this revised invoice/cost % as well.

I'd assume maybe a 2% hike for the house (GM Corporate) or something like that. GM wants the cars transacting closer to MSRP...that was their logic when they did most other makes/models after bankruptcy in '09 MY...

Again, thanks for the heads up Dave. :thumbs:

The amount is info that I am not supposed to share with the public, so I'll wait for one of our members who works at a dealer but is not listed as a dealer to post the info. I can tell you it is more than your assumption.

Dave

jbp8653 07-21-2015 10:16 AM

This is how GM makes more gross profit. Been doing it for years. The spread from invoice to msrp on the 15' C7Z was very large. Not sure about the regular C7 because I had no interest in one. It was almost double what a C6ZR1 was. Not sure why they did this, maybe to get dealers excited to sell them because there was a lot more profit to be made and thus insuring a successful launch which they achieved in spades. Now its time to take some of that money back the dealers where making in the form of profit by raising invoice amount. People don't realize this but the new car dealers pay "full list' for every unit they get from the factory. The factory squeezes them. This is also why the used car dept, service,parts, body shop are critical to their survival as the new car dept doesn't make much if any.:cheers:

RandomTask 07-21-2015 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by HolyRoller (Post 1590091936)
Meh. The free market sets the street price, as always. Buyers don't have to pay the stratospheric prices that dealers ask; dealers don't have to accept the pittances that buyers offer. Sooner or later, some of them meet in the middle. Nothing to see here, drive on.

That’s not how CF works though. They’d rather complain and yell at dealers that have no problem moving the vehicles at if not right under MSRP for not accepting their at invoice offer.

I like this move from GM because it gives all us first year model buyers a little support from depreciation :)

william wyatt 07-21-2015 11:12 AM

Please do not feel bad for the dealers they are still gouging you where ever possible.Gee maybe they will lose some of their kickbacks.

C6MagRed 07-21-2015 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by xlr8ion (Post 1590097010)
Please do not feel bad for the dealers they are still gouging you where ever possible.Gee maybe they will lose some of their kickbacks.

:iagree:

Greg00Coupe 07-21-2015 12:24 PM

It takes 2 to complete a gouge........ no one forces us to buy. Shop, research, compare have patience and there won't be a gouge.

Many years ago at lunch we where talking the art of car buying and one guy turned white. Overhearing our conversation he realized that his Dad was wrong. Dad thought buying a car was like buying a head of lettuce....... you walked in picked one out and paid the marked price. Said that had been handed down to him by Dad and always thought that was the way it is.

Yea he was gouged. Smart buyers are not. Smart dealers create a deal that's a win win and that is how successful business is built and survives.

Rguy271 07-21-2015 12:26 PM

haha yup.

Whenever I see "we are selling at MSRP!" ads or posts on here I just translate that to "We are taking 10k from you, thanks sucker".

pookie 07-21-2015 12:33 PM

Dave, It also seems they took away the ability to use points from a GM card as well. Have you been able to use any customer points on a new 2016 Z06 with the GM Platinum card? It was $3000 for 2015 and now Classic Chevy is telling me it went o $0 for the Platinum card. The GM Card website still says $3000 but I can't seem to resolve the issue.

jbp8653 07-21-2015 12:51 PM

[QUOTE=Rguy271;1590097597]haha yup.

Whenever I see "we are selling at MSRP!" ads or posts on here I just translate that to "We are taking 10k from you, thanks sucker".[/QUOTE

Except on a C7Z it was a bit more than that!!!!!!!!

Dave@Ciocca 07-21-2015 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by pookie (Post 1590097646)
Dave, It also seems they took away the ability to use points from a GM card as well. Have you been able to use any customer points on a new 2016 Z06 with the GM Platinum card? It was $3000 for 2015 and now Classic Chevy is telling me it went o $0 for the Platinum card. The GM Card website still says $3000 but I can't seem to resolve the issue.

I actually have not come across it yet but I'll check into it.

Dave