CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C4s for Sale/Wanted (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4s-for-sale-wanted-54/)
-   -   C4 project car. 383 lt4, vortech ysi. over $60k in parts- $12,500 (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4s-for-sale-wanted/3697990-c4-project-car-383-lt4-vortech-ysi-over-60k-in-parts-12-500-a.html)

qwiketz 08-15-2015 07:16 PM

C4 project car. 383 lt4, vortech ysi. over $60k in parts- $11,000

5 Attachment(s)
Update 4/17/19. Car is for sale and runs and drives. Needs additional tuning, so no dyno numbers. Previously mentioned code 41 has been fixed. The bad rubber window trim on the doors has been removed in prep for paint. Car will be sold on a bill of sale but is currently registered through June 2019. I will consider shipping the car as well.

Now that I have your attention, here's what I got. 92 Corvette, 55k miles or so, 383 lt4, heads and intake are cnc ported, vortech ysi @ 14psi, fresh built to the max 4l60e with standalone controller, coil overs, brembo 13.5" front brakes and some really nice speedline 18" wheels that cost a fortune new and were commonly used on the Ferrari f40's.

Here's some details on the car's setup.

Here are some details on the supercharger:
-polished ysi head unit which is good to 1200 hp (this head unit gets drag racers into the low 8's)
-custom Carrol Supercharging bracketry. 8 rib drive system, several tensioner clocking options for max belt wrap (270 degrees versus about 135 degrees stock)
-ati superdamper, 6 rib accessory, 8 rib blower drive
-ati superdamper shell, 6 rib accessory, 35 mm cog and 2 belts
-3" and 2.75" pullies
-walbro 465 lph fuel pump. less than 10 miles on it.
-new aeromotive fuel pressure regulator
-60lb injectors
-snow performance progressive alcohol injection setup with dual nozzles.
-prochargers red blow off valve (this is the one rated to 2000 hp). Sounds like a jet and a turbo car when letting off the gas
-chip to control the fueling and timing

I think that's about it. Basically it is everything you need to make very serious power. A similar setup went low 9's at almost 150 mph according to Bob Kurgan who tuned that car and whom I got the injectors from. If you really wanted to turn this setup up, you'd just need bigger injectors; there is plenty of pump. $5,000. This is one of 2 LTX ysi c4 setups out there period. This setup has years of me getting the bugs out of it and works.

383 long block. I don't have the original build sheet but it was essentially a 350 rebuilt to a 383 and the lt4 top end kit was added. The heads and intake were cnc ported but unfortunately, I don't know what program was run on it since I am the 3rd owner. There is 25k miles on the engine. It runs fine, idles at 650, started everytime without fail (until the c41 issue). I used to commute to work in this car in bumper to bumper traffic with the ac on in southern California and it never ran hot, ever. Engine hasn't seen much rpm since I only recently put in the stand alone transmission controller; the old 700r4 would shift by about 5200 rpm. I will be including everything as it comes out; canton oil pan, accessories, and you have an option for the old opti or a dynaspark one that is almost new. I also have an electronic water pump from meziere that I could sell also. I'd like $2300 for the engine with the original opti, $2500 for it with the dynaspark opti and $2650 including the newer opti and the meziere. I will only sell the engine if the supercharger sells and the buyer doesn't want it.

4L60e transmission with or without standalone controller. This trans was originally purchased by mobandy years ago for about $3500. It was a max built unit from a vendor that Greg @ Blowerworks uses (I'll verify the vendor; I have the receipts). I had it freshened 2.5 years ago and it's got about 20 miles on it since. I also had a fresh 9", 3000 stall converter added since there isn't a way to get a larger one to hold this kind of power. I got it (the freshen) done by a local shop that specializes in 700r4's and 4l60's for the local street racers. A lot of those guys are nitrous lsx stuff; the owner said that he's wouldn't worry about my combination pushing it too hard. He did all of his tricks of the trade other than the billet converter. The rebuild and converter cost $1700(I have the receipts). I will sell the trans for what I have in the rebuild. If you want the standalone controller, I'll sell everything for $2200. The controller and harness was about $700. It will allow you to use this trans on a 700r4 equipped vehicle; this is a superior setup since you can adjust the shift points in seconds.

Finally, I have the roller for sale if someone doesn't buy everything. 92, red with black interior. This would make an awesome track car with the addition of a good engine and stick shift trans. It has qa1 coilovers all the way around, brembo 13.5" brakes up front, and a dana 44 swap with 3.73's out back. It has newer master cylinder, brake booster and steering rack. The wheels and tires 18" speedlines ($4000 in 1998!) with 275's up front and 335 nitto drag radials out back. It has a roll bar, 5 point belts, and fire system. There is a dual a pillar guage cluster with a boost and afr guage for the wideband. The car has euro taillights. It will include the exhaust which is hooker long tubes to b&b 3". It has a massive aluminum radiator and I do have all the ac stuff (condenser and lines to and from the condenser are not hooked up). The interior has seats in good shape, top of the line alpine cd deck from a few years aback, 5 channel amp under the passenger seat and mb quart speakers (If I recall correctly). $5,000

The car is located in Orange County, CA. I've been on this forum for over 10 years and have sold some large items on the forum successfully and can provide references. I haven an infant at home, so it's time to get out of the corvettes and into something with 4 doors (probably a gen 2 cts v). The '13 is already gone and I need to sell this to get the down for a replacement car. Let me know if you have any questions. Also, if you look at youtube, under "c4 vortech ysi idling" you'll see the engine running and get an idea of how it is setup.

This would be a pretty easy project if someone wanted to buy the whole thing(fix the ecm setup or swap to a lsx computer for more control). You can't build it for what I'm selling it for; now by a long shot. There is over $60,000 in parts in this car alone!

Let me know if you have any questions. I'll get pics up later today. Email is best at russriggs@yahoo.com or give me a call @ 714-404-8410.

qwiketz 08-15-2015 07:18 PM

6 Attachment(s)
interior photos

qwiketz 08-15-2015 07:20 PM

5 Attachment(s)
engine pics

Jay7199 08-17-2015 01:00 AM

if you part it out, do you have the vortech AC line that goes to the compressor?

qwiketz 08-17-2015 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Jay7199 (Post 1590284698)
if you part it out, do you have the vortech AC line that goes to the compressor?

This isn't the same kit that you probably have. Check out the pics.

You should be able to take it to almost any decent ac shop and they should be able to bend a replacement line. Anyone that can flare can do it.

qwiketz 10-07-2015 12:38 AM

Update - 10/6/15

As of today, the car is back on the market at the same price. Since the original ad, I've:

-fixed the leaky fuel pressure regulator; I just needed to tighten down the 4 allen bolts on the body of the regulator
-installed a dynaspark opti
-installed borg warner ignition control module
-installed a meziere hd electric water pump. This is the higher flowing one.
-photo copied the factory service manual with the c41 trouble shooting scematic. You should be able to use it or take it to any mechanic decent at electrical and get the car running again.

I don't know if I previously mentioned this, but almost off the components in the engine bay have been replaced in the past 10k miles including, rack and pinion, power steering pump, alternator, brake booster, brake master cylinder and now the water pump. The only thing that hasn't been replaced is the starter and the ac compressor which isn't being used right now. I can't think of anything else that hasn't been redone or replaced.

The car will also include the original ac condenser and lines. You will need to get the system flushed and the stock lines modified or custom lines to run the ac but it is easily possible. The stock condenser needs to move about 6" toward the driver's side.

What still needs to be done?
-wheel alignment
-fix the c41 error (ecm/ccm failure to communicate)
-finish hooking up of the optispark vent hoses (very easy)
-re-fill the radiator fluid (easy as well)
-wire the meziere water pump; I bought their harness so it is very easy.
-trouble shoot the left headlight (goes down but not up)

Send me a pm if you have any questions. Also, I should correct that there is about $45k in aftermarket parts on this car. The original cost was $51k installed and there have been many changes since then over the past 10 years I've owned the car. Thanks!

-

1993C4LT1 10-08-2015 10:21 PM

Damn I love those rims. GLWS:thumbs:

qwiketz 06-22-2017 12:38 AM

Well, the car ran and made it to the new house and sat in traffic fine. I tried to start it this week and the c41 is back so I'm going to part it out. I don't have time to mess with it.

If you're interested in any of the parts, pm me and we'll go from there. Basically looking to sell the supercharger first, then the engine and trans. Car will be sold as a roller. It would be perfect for a lsx swap.

Feel free to also email me at russriggs@yahoo.com . Thanks!

qwiketz 06-22-2017 11:22 PM

so I've been getting some questions....

I'm going to sell the supercharger first and then I'll sell the car as a roller with no engine, trans, ecu or harness. It will be a perfect lsx swap prospect.

It has:
-awesome custom 18" speedline wheels (275 front, 335 rear)
-brembo 13.5" fronts
-dana 44 swap with 3.73's
-coil overs all around for adjust able ride height. fronts are qa1 adjustables
-massive aluminum radiator (forgot brand but top of the line)
-oil cooler with thermostatic temp control
-separate trans cooler
-nice stereo system
-roll bar, fire system and 5 point simpson belts
-just under 56k miles

Price for the roller will be $5k. Not cheap (for a c4 roller) but there is quite a bit of $$$ in this thing. It's actually worth quite a bit more in parts. Needs paint, right window control but not much else.

Disconnected the battery and then what do you know, it started and drove from our driveway into the garage. It must not want to leave! Still time to sell it as I just don't have time.

qwiketz 06-23-2017 11:45 PM

I should also mention that the car has new or newer:
-brake booster - about 10k ago
-master cylinder- about 1k ago
-rack and pinion- about 10k ago
-rebuilt/inspected dynaspark - 4 miles ago
-rebuilt ecu- 4 miles ago
-new iac - about 10 miles ago
-new ignition control module - 4 miles ago
-plug wires- not installed yet but have new ones.
-plugs- 4 miles ago
-battery - 4 miles ago
-wideband sensor- 4 miles ago

qwiketz 12-02-2018 09:59 PM

update... car is back for sale. Time to move onto another car. Right window switch has been replaced. Rubber for the doors at the windows has been removed in anticipation of the car getting painted in the future. Fuel system/sender wiring has all been replaced. Headlight switch has been replaced as well. New blower pulley installed and I have a gates hd "green" belt for install.

Car could use:
-paint
-driver side headlight isn't going up/down (probably the linkage)
-additional tuning to get the air/fuel totally dialed in (currently a little rich)
-drivers side muffler has a leak at the back of the muffler casing to the tube going into it. This is from taking it on and off a few times

Car will not pass CA smog without new cats on the machine. Will not pass the visual due to the headers and a few other things. I will only really sell this for out of state buyers.

$12,500 firm. Car is located in Mission Viejo if you'd like to come look at it.

qwiketz 04-18-2019 12:00 AM

update, price $11,000. I also edited the original post as the code 41 has been fixed and the car runs and drives fine. It needs additional tuning to finish before dyno. Greg at blowerworks can help out.

qwiketz 04-23-2019 06:18 PM

still available until Saturday and then the part out begins.... $11,000

qwiketz 04-25-2019 11:13 AM

ttt

qwiketz 04-27-2019 07:07 PM

drove the car down to cars and coffee today. Sadly, it looks like there is a lot more interest for the parts of the car rather than the whole car. I'm going to start parting it out later tonight or tomorrow morning.
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...27f4310aaf.jpg
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...e1cb493193.jpg

qwiketz 05-18-2019 08:23 PM

car is gone and sitting in pieces in my garage so is no longer available.

SLVRVERT 10-04-2019 11:19 PM

Re: Curious?

Man I was really interested in the whole car and what kind of power it was going to make to bad you are parting it out. Damn! GLWS!

SLVRVERT 10-04-2019 11:19 PM

Re: Curious?

Man I was really interested in the whole car and what kind of power it was going to make to bad you are parting it out. Damn! GLWS!