CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Credit Union Pricing for 2016's Now Posted (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3699848-credit-union-pricing-for-2016s-now-posted.html)

DethMetalVette 08-19-2015 05:58 PM

Credit Union Pricing for 2016's Now Posted

(deleted)

2HD's2vettes 08-19-2015 06:12 PM

So I am confused, is the C/U pricing is now available (again??) I thought this was discontinued, and a 750.00 C/U rebate only is the new "deal" I know there was a build C/U sight for the 2015, but this now shows 2016's also. is this new or changed?

Zymurgy 08-19-2015 06:17 PM

<p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>Per the site, the CU Discount is back (updated 8/4):</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>

</p><p>Credit Union Member Program from GM Vehicle Eligibility</p><p>For eligible program participants residing in the United States.</p><p>Updated 8/4/2015</p><p>Dealers are not required to participate in the program. Please see the program Rules and Guidelines for complete details.</p><p>NEW VEHICLE PURCHASE</p><p>Most 2016 and 2015 Chevrolet, Buick and GMC vehicles are eligible. See full list below:</p><p>* Excludes 2016 vehicle models. Check back for vehicle availability at the start of production.</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p><strong>Chevrolet</strong></p><p>Camaro*</p><p>City Express*</p><p>Colorado (excludes Base)</p><p><span style="color:rgb(255, 0, 0)">Corvette (excludes Z06)</span></p><p>Cruze (excludes L Manual)</p><p>Equinox (excludes L)</p><p>Express</p><p>Impala (excludes Limited)</p><p>Malibu*</p><p>Malibu Limited</p><p>SS*</p><p>Silverado*</p><p>Sonic</p><p>Spark* (excludes EV)</p><p>Suburban</p><p>Tahoe</p><p>Traverse</p><p>Trax</p><p>Volt</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p><strong>Buick</strong></p><p>Enclave</p><p>Encore</p><p>LaCrosse (excludes 1SV)</p><p>Regal (excludes 1SV)</p><p>Verano (excludes 1SV)</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p><strong>GMC</strong></p><p>Acadia (excludes 2016 SL)</p><p>Canyon (excludes SL)</p><p>Savana</p><p>Sierra*</p><p>Terrain (excludes SL)</p><p>Yukon</p><p>Yukon XL</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p><strong>Cadillac</strong></p><p>All vehicle models are excluded.</p><p>
</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p>

Peter_K 08-20-2015 11:04 AM

Build and Price on a 2016 takes me to the Chevrolet Build tool.

\Boost Monkey/ 08-20-2015 11:26 AM

Wait... So what's the deal with the $750.00 crap that the forum dealers were talking about?

So CU pricing is back in full? (BUT now thousands higher because invoice is higher...)

Interesting....

I also wonder why others haven't commented on this.

BRCC 08-20-2015 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by DethMetalVette (Post 1590309010)
Don't click "Build & Price". Just click the link in the original post (https://www.mygmdiscount.com/ip-vpp/...site=cud-build), then enter your zip code when prompted, then drop down the year and select 2016.

Even on this site, if you look at Details/Program Overview it states only $750 discount. So something is still strange and why isn't the original CU site reflecting this and takes you to the Chevrolet build site??

RonnieC6Z 08-20-2015 12:00 PM

I just ordered a Z51 3LT convertible MSRP $81,615.00. Just went on the above website, put in my zip code and configured the car. The CU price is $75,847.00 which is a discount of $5768.00 off of msrp. That works out to be a 7% discount off of msrp, which, to me, is an ok deal but not great. Some dealers are giving 10% off, which, in my case, would bring the selling price down to $73,453.00 which is another $2394.00 off of msrp. To be honest, I have no idea as to how a CU deal works. Is it that if a dealer is willing to participate, all one has to do is top show proof that they are a member of a CU? If so, anyone can join a CU and get that deal.

RonnieC6Z 08-20-2015 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by DethMetalVette (Post 1590309386)
Close. If you're a member of an eligible credit union (which you're right, it's not hard to get a CU account), you go to that web site and generate a CU discount code which is emailed to you. At that point, if you find a dealer that will honor CU pricing, you present that code (along with proof of CU membership) to them during the sale and they discount the vehicle. It's somehow based on supplier pricing (I think). There's LOTS of information on the forum available on this topic.

You're right though, some of the big volume dealerships appear to offer deeper discounts, but they're not convenient for those of us on the west coast. Not to mention licencing an out-of-state care in California is a nightmare.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your input. I agree with you in your thinking that a CU discount is really good when it comes to what west coast dealers are offering. Most So Cal dealers are offering somewhere around $2500.00 off msrp on 2016 Sting Rays. I live in the L.A. area, so I can relate. Fortunately, the owner of the dealer that I ordered my car from is a close friend, so I will be paying very close to invoice. I don't know what invoice is on a $81,615.00 convertible, but I am assuming it is around $72,000.00.

nmvettec7 08-20-2015 01:06 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Very confusing to many....here's the info off the mygmdiscount.com.....only shows $750 from July 15th, 2015 to Sept 30, 2015.

This has been a confusing issue for some time now for so many potential C7 future owners, or those who have C7's on order.

LT1 Z51 08-20-2015 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by nmvettec7 (Post 1590309831)
Very confusing to many....here's the info off the mygmdiscount.com.....only shows $750 from July 15th, 2015 to Sept 30, 2015.

This has been a confusing issue for some time now for so many potential C7 future owners, or those who have C7's on order.

Since the "model year" starts October 1st. I wonder if the new pricing goes into effect then.

Also it seems the CU discount is the SAME as the Supplier discount (7% off about), while GM Employee is $3k more on the car I configured (pushing the percentage to 10.5%)

alamo1974 08-20-2015 10:23 PM

Get the best price and take the $750 CU discount. You can get better than the 7% discount. Just ask around and talk to member of the forum :grouphug: