CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   The New B/G Plant Mgr Looks Like a Child.. (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3701225-the-new-b-g-plant-mgr-looks-like-a-child.html)

Black&White 08-22-2015 02:23 PM

The New B/G Plant Mgr Looks Like a Child..

Prolly grew up driving Toyota's or Honda's.

four0nefive 08-22-2015 02:31 PM

Why post this on a public forum? If you wouldn't say it to his face, don't post it here.

Also, Toyota and Honda have each made at least 1 good car.
Honda- NSX
Toyota- Supra, LFA, FT1 concept

ta70raiii 08-22-2015 02:36 PM

What is the point of this? :ack:

Steve_R 08-22-2015 02:45 PM

One of the dumber threads in a long time.

Skidplate 08-22-2015 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Black&White (Post 1590324747)
Prolly grew up driving Toyota's or Honda's.

Please unplug your keyboard.

Black&White 08-22-2015 02:50 PM

The Point? GM for years has always bragged how the entire staff at B/G was made up of the most senior members at GM from assembly to management because they wanted the car to have the best and most experienced team that GM has to offer. Maybe this is why we have bad paint, blowing motors, transmissions that put your head through the windshield when down shifting and spoilers falling off now. Just an observation.

OLD_GOAT 08-22-2015 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Black&White (Post 1590324882)
The Point? GM for years has always bragged how the entire staff at B/G was made up of the most senior members at GM from assembly to management because they wanted the car to have the best and most experienced team that GM has to offer. Maybe this is why we have bad paint, blowing motors, transmissions that put your head through the windshield when down shifting and spoilers falling off now. Just an observation.

Don't use the term 'we'.

If you're so unhappy with your Vette, there are plenty of Mustangs and ricers in car lots all over the place.

Yea, like one of the other posters stated, one of the dumbest threads in a long time.

Fear The Fork 08-22-2015 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by OLD_GOAT (Post 1590324927)
Don't use the term 'we'.

If you're so unhappy with your Vette, there are plenty of Mustangs and ricers in car lots all over the place.

Yea, like one of the other posters stated, one of the dumbest threads in a long time.

:iagree: 100%!

mksz51 08-22-2015 03:05 PM

What's probably more important to discuss is how the plant manager acts and thinks - not his personal appearance.

Think about that OP............ how people act and think............

four0nefive 08-22-2015 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by OLD_GOAT (Post 1590324927)
Don't use the term 'we'.

I agree with everything except the Mustang part. What's wrong with Mustangs??

rcooper 08-22-2015 03:09 PM

I see nothing constructive about this post. If the OP feels that way about the new management then call them and tell them that you are dissatisfied. I sure that they would be happy with your input.
Oh, yes, be sure to disregard any past experience that he has. As I am certain that he brings nothing to the table for GM.
Or, perhaps you could do a search on this forum and read about his credentials.

mpuzach 08-22-2015 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Black&White (Post 1590324882)

Yeah, right. I'm sure it's all due to the physical appearance of the just-promoted plant manager. :willy:

LT1 Z51 08-22-2015 03:12 PM

GM has been on the decline since the 1980's. There are a few people who kept the product going and even tried to fix things under Bob Lutz, but a lot of those people are now gone.

The current management is filled with a lot of cronies and not a lot of talent. I know, I used to deal with them professionally. The current Corvette is good in spite of the GM Management, not because of them. There are a few good engineers left.

But, know this, GM is a Marketing Company, a lot of car decisions are driven not by engineering, but by marketing. This is why you have cars with 3 different front and rear bumpers, and stupid things like chrome trim is only on the top level models. Corvette mostly is immune to this because it's a North American car only (for development the EU, China, and AU engineers haze ZERO input) but the global platforms are a mess.

I firmly fit into the camp of people who like the Corvette, but dislike GM and the people who work for GM. The only reason I still like the car is because it's the quintessential American sports car, and is economical. If I could afford a $125k car I probably wouldn't buy a Corvette.

Zymurgy 08-22-2015 03:14 PM

<p>Pointless, disrespectful thread closed.</p>