CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 General (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general-103/)
-   -   [Z06] New Guy Lesson Learned (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general/3702342-new-guy-lesson-learned.html)

sgmz06 08-24-2015 07:35 PM

New Guy Lesson Learned

kind of new to forum and just learned a valuable lesson...

"As long as you buy from a supporting vendor you will be taken care of"

I wasn't aware of "supporting vendor" status and ordered bumper screen mesh from corvette mods. Item shows as delivered on USPS but I never received it. Now I'm trying to work through PayPal and eBay for a refund. To summarize what vender said...to bad so sad. Let me tell you, if I was trying to scam somebody it would be for a hell of a lot more than $23.99. I may have to write this one off and order from someone else (supporting vendor).

I tried to work a shipping deal "free shipping" while my wife was in California visiting family and then she could bring it back in suitcase on way home. I guess now I'll have to pay shipping to Hawaii :ack:

Rookieracer 08-24-2015 11:45 PM

The vendor has a responsibility to deliver you the parts you paid for. If they did not fulfill that obligation, PayPal will refund your money.

USPS is cheap, but the most unreliable mode of shipping.

radar502 08-25-2015 09:39 AM

Just a word on USPS after waiting for a part for OH. to TX. 14 days later I got it ,tried to talk to them around 10 days after the part was shipped said : We will not look into this until 14 days after its shipped . I now ask if shipping USPS will pay more for FedX or UPS or horse back ..Just an FYI..

rjwz28 08-25-2015 12:05 PM

New Guy Lesson Learned

Originally Posted by Rookieracer (Post 1590341838)
The vendor has a responsibility to deliver you the parts you paid for. If they did not fulfill that obligation, PayPal will refund your money.

USPS is cheap, but the most unreliable mode of shipping.

This

Keep bothering PayPal about it and file a lost report with the USPS

I've had USPS lose two packages (both at our apartment in San Diego, not the house) and both times I had no problem getting a replacement from the company. That's the cost of doing business with USPS.

bob guzzy 08-25-2015 12:28 PM

If you launch a complaint through pay pal they will shut down the guys business until he makes it right which should be no more than 1 day.

They sent me a broken grill then stated the run around as soon as I froze there business account it got their attention quickly.

cor28vettes 08-25-2015 01:10 PM

If USPS Priority it would be insured for $50.

Priority also has tracking #

rjwz28 08-25-2015 01:18 PM

New Guy Lesson Learned

Originally Posted by 6GenVettes (Post 1590345142)
If USPS Priority it would be insured for $50.

Priority also has tracking #

Yeah, but that tracking number is of little use if they deliver it to the wrong address (or whatever they did with our packages)

Moto One 08-25-2015 10:21 PM

Go thru PayPal, you'll be surprised how effective they can be...

Mark

ERDOC 08-26-2015 08:23 AM

USPS has gotten very sophisticated in tracking Priority Mail. I called the post office after it said online an item had been delivered and I couldn't find it at the mail box or front door. They pulled up a GPS pic of the delivery with the mail truck parked in the drive that goes around the house and they asked if I had checked the enclosed patio behind the house because the mail truck was parked there in the pic and the item had been packed in a huge box that wouldn't fit in the mail box and there it was sitting on the table in back!!

LiteraCola 08-26-2015 12:21 PM

I sold a set of cats to a guy in IL (I am in VA). USPS tracked them all the way to the post office in his town, and they disappeared. USPS did nothing for me, and all paypal did was take the money back. So I lost my cats, and my $300+. I guess it is partly my fault for not getting insurance. Since that fiasco, I've been very skittish when using USPS. Convenience isn't always worth the trouble.

MotoJB 08-26-2015 05:34 PM

I'll never do business with Corvette Mods again, they screwed me on a return and basically told me to take a flying hike (after spending a good deal of money with them). Also, their shipping prices are absolutely ridiculous anyhow. Their "great prices" are not so great after they stick you with their inflated shipping/handling fee's.

radar502 08-26-2015 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by MotoJB (Post 1590354955)
I'll never do business with Corvette Mods again, they screwed me on a return and basically told me to take a flying hike (after spending a good deal of money with them). Also, their shipping prices are absolutely ridiculous anyhow. Their "great prices" are not so great after they stick you with their inflated shipping/handling fee's.

This is what a forum is all about ,thanks for the info ..

sgmz06 09-09-2015 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by radar502 (Post 1590355275)
This is what a forum is all about ,thanks for the info ..

Thanks to eBay and PayPal for refunding my money! :rock:

"eBay ruled in your favor in your dispute case, and a full refund was sent to your PayPal account for your purchase from Corvette Mods. "

neutron82 09-09-2015 02:50 AM

this company has had quite a few negative threads in the transactions/feedback section... most of them have been deleted or locked up but that alone will keep me away, if they were doing good business those threads wouldn't even pop up... glad the op got his money back:thumbs:

~STOLEN~ 09-10-2015 08:12 PM

good to know, not buying from them in the future..

glad you got your money back too

TXGS507 09-10-2015 11:46 PM

Dude, you are always getting hosed by Vendors...:rofl:

Originally Posted by MotoJB (Post 1590354955)

Ferg03 Z06 09-11-2015 04:44 AM

I have done business with corvette modz also in the past and it was a HUGE mistake!!! I won't get into the particulars, but I will NEVER give them my business again or recommend them to anyone either.

Paul 75 L82 09-11-2015 06:27 PM

Welcome to the forum.