CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Canadian Events (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/canadian-events-97/)
-   -   Cdn Hydroboost Prices (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/canadian-events/3741796-cdn-hydroboost-prices.html)

Mooser 11-17-2015 05:57 PM

Cdn Hydroboost Prices

Looking at a hydroboost unit (94/95 astrovan/safari booster unit only, no hoses, fittings, etc)
Cardone Reconditioned unit from the auto parts place, $250+tax

None in the local-ish wreckers and I'm not sure I want to crawl through an old van trying to get one out at this time of year or invest time installing a unit of unknown condition anyway.

Does this sound like a fair enough price or should I keep digging?
M

briankeery 11-20-2015 11:58 AM

Best I can do Brett is about $220 for the AC Delco 14PB4153, but that doesn't get you a master.... so we're pretty close. If you could find a pooched one, you'd pull about 50 bucks of core charge off that price.

Mooser 11-20-2015 09:28 PM

The $250 I was quoted is without master also, I'll be using the existing one (hopefully) Now I'll have to check to see if that was with or without a core charge.
May need to take you up on that...
M

Mooser 12-03-2015 09:13 PM

So the $250 turned into $350+ real quick (wrong price quoted:toetap: + core ++++)
Looks like it's off to find wrecking yards again
M

Northern Corvette 12-13-2015 06:16 PM

Let me know if you can't find any. I know a place in Mississauga that specializes in vans and has hundreds of them they're scrapping.

QIK59 12-14-2015 10:03 AM

hydro boost

Mooser ,

Nice talking to you last weekend !

You just want the hydro boost unit without the master ?

I used to get my Delco parts below "trade" , but the place I dealt with just closed their parts end after 42 years :sadangel:

I'm just going to check today - sorry got busy buying a new car !

jerry

Originally Posted by Mooser (Post 1590925583)
Looking at a hydroboost unit (94/95 astrovan/safari booster unit only, no hoses, fittings, etc)
Cardone Reconditioned unit from the auto parts place, $250+tax

None in the local-ish wreckers and I'm not sure I want to crawl through an old van trying to get one out at this time of year or invest time installing a unit of unknown condition anyway.

Does this sound like a fair enough price or should I keep digging?
M

Mooser 12-14-2015 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by QIK59 (Post 1591109610)
Mooser ,

Nice talking to you last weekend !

You just want the hydro boost unit without the master ?

I used to get my Delco parts below "trade" , but the place I dealt with just closed their parts end after 42 years :sadangel:

I'm just going to check today - sorry got busy buying a new car !

jerry

Thanks Jerry, and nice talking with you also. Hopefully we can meet up with Greg for breakfast at some point over the next few weeks or so.

Let me know what you can come up with for a refurb/new unit as I need to start pulling pieces together and of course without that there's not much use having fittings and hoses made up (or pulling the pump apart either)

Thanks again

Mooser 12-14-2015 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Northern Corvette (Post 1591106170)
Let me know if you can't find any. I know a place in Mississauga that specializes in vans and has hundreds of them they're scrapping.

I may have to get their name from you as there certainly doesn't seem to be much up in this area. Can't even find a junk one to use as a core

I'm hoping to do something one way or another next week while I'm off and can do some running around to gather bits.
M

QIK59 12-14-2015 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by briankeery (Post 1590944274)
Best I can do Brett is about $220 for the AC Delco 14PB4153, but that doesn't get you a master.... so we're pretty close. If you could find a pooched one, you'd pull about 50 bucks of core charge off that price.

WOW !! Brian that's an excellent price if that includes the core charge !?

Mooser : Same price as you on Cardonne rebuild plus core charge of $82
Waiting to hear from wrecking yard...........

Mooser 12-16-2015 08:48 PM

Thanks to all who replied

$280 cdn all in is the best I could come up with so I went ahead and ordered. Once it's here I'll start working out the fittings etc.

(Now if I could only find a 98 astrovan power steering pump....)
M