CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   What do you stick in your trunk hole and other dumb ?'s (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3742715-what-do-you-stick-in-your-trunk-hole-and-other-dumb-s.html)

BenCasey 11-19-2015 05:55 PM

What do you stick in your trunk hole and other dumb ?'s

Took delivery 2 weeks ago and have been so busy, I still haven't had a chance to clean out my car.

I've learned that, with an M7, you must be an idiot to leave sunglasses and your phone on top of the center console. Even dumber is having a beverage in the car. Yes, I can avoid AFM, but no, I cannot drive with coffee without drinking half of it first.

Phone goes into the center spot with the USB ports. Sunglasses go behind the screen

BTW - the iphone6+, with a thin skin, fit perfectly flush into the cup holder. This was nice to discover until I found the .

What I'm curious about:
- The door storage, what do you stick in there?
- the trunk cubby, what do you stick in there?

My discoveries:
- That iphone6+ thing in the cup holder
- Groceries, with wine bottles stay put in the back using the net. Just push the trunk down on top of the groceries so that the mesh shade stretches over everything. I, um, turned off traction control for experimentation, having forgotten about the wine in the back. No problems

Boring topic I know, boring day at work too.

The_Fake_Stig 11-19-2015 06:03 PM

Even with the run flats I keep a plug kit, and a tiny car jumper/compressor combo thing in the hideaway hole in the trunk. That way if I get a flat I can make a safe stop in a parking lot, plug the hole up, and pump it back up. RunFlats will get you where you need to go, but without air in the tire they will heat up and end up destroying themselves. At the very least a plug kit should be kept, that way you can find a gas station plug and fill in order to keep you going until you can get to the tire shop.

As far as the sunglasses I do the same thing, keeps them cool enough in Texas, and doesn't leave a $300+ pair of goggles out in the open asking for people to smash your window in.

On the phone holder, I have been a user of the ProClip stuff for a while. Had one in my BRZ for my iPhone 6+ and now in the 'Vette for my iPhone 6s. They are custom fit, or you can order one made for a case, it holds the cable in for me so that I can just drop my phone in when I get in and it hooks up to CarPlay, and there is no amount of driving like a ******* that will dislodge my phone.

TNSQUIRE 11-19-2015 06:06 PM

I keep a gun in the compartment behind the center screen. I keep a microfiber towel and detailing spray in the trunk hole.

dvilin 11-19-2015 06:07 PM

:iagree: Same here.

Originally Posted by TNSQUIRE (Post 1590939937)
I keep a gun in the compartment behind the center screen. I keep a microfiber towel and detailing spray in the trunk hole.

BenCasey 11-19-2015 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by TNSQUIRE (Post 1590939937)

A gun? In arms reach? In CA!?

Man, it's not like the vette doesn't already get enough police attention.. that's crazy!

The_Fake_Stig 11-19-2015 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by BenCasey (Post 1590939955)
A gun? In arms reach? In CA!?

Man, it's not like the vette doesn't already get enough police attention.. that's crazy!

It's where I would stow mine when going into places with 30.06 signs posted in TX...but I don't really go into those places. Only places I will go in with them posted are restricted access areas with posted security at ingress points.

BenCasey 11-19-2015 06:13 PM

What would fit in there anyway? A .380? Compact 9? I imagine it needs to lay down..

cberistain 11-19-2015 06:15 PM

does the "perfect cell phone holder" fit in the cup holder or do you put it somewhere else?

The_Fake_Stig 11-19-2015 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by BenCasey (Post 1590939977)
What would fit in there anyway? A .380? Compact 9? I imagine it needs to lay down..

With all of the fairly small single stack 9's coming out, and the fairly recent baby glock release I'm sure that most people's carry guns would fit. Anything you can conceal in Houston without creating a heat issue will fit behind the screen. Watch out though, I wouldn't leave anything with any actual weight in there while driving, as people have had issues with things jamming up against the screen and causing issues while attempting to open the compartment back up and collect their belongings from it.

LimeRock 11-19-2015 06:22 PM

I have an inflaitor and getting a tire repair kit.

Larry/car 11-19-2015 06:49 PM

I have only opened the compartment behind the center screen twice, once to check operation of, and the other time I pushed the start button and the center screen opened????? Yea I know! As for the trunk, roller skates fit in the trunk compartment, lid will not totally close but they are held in place. Center console, cell phone, gold/silver bullion or whatever else I can cram in there. Door storage, unused.

HANNY 11-19-2015 06:49 PM

rear cubby is an airpump system with the green stuff in it only for out in the middle nowhere emergencies no runflats on my ride, I hate how they ride, no traction and are noisy. I cant think of anything that could go in the doors that wont fly out driving or opening the door except some used gum :willy:

PUGPROUD 11-19-2015 06:58 PM

I keep a quart of oil, a tire guage, a 100ftlb tire wrench and a rag to check oil in trunk hole. Behind infortainment screen I keep two roles of quarters for parking meters and my plugged in MP3 player.

HAD2HAV2 11-19-2015 07:19 PM

http://www.proclipusa.com/dashboard.

I'm not good at coping links but here is a very nice cell phone holder but it is not cheap.

Glen e 11-19-2015 07:26 PM

In my rear cubby:
Rinseless mixed in spray bottle
2 mf
Slime/compressor
Tire shine and foam applicator
Tire gauge
Interior leather scent spray
Duster mini

Mike Campbell 11-19-2015 07:43 PM

I have in my trunk cubby: 1 bottle of Maguires window cleaner; a bottle of Zaino Z8; a bottle of Zaino detailer; a shoepolish style bottle used to put on my dial-in numbers at the drag strip; a plastic can of ArmorAll wipes; an sponge applicator for the Zaino; 2 micro fiber towels and one regular towel.

I have in my dash cubby: 4 flash drives with music; one Nikon camera and one charger kit for my cell phone.

In the passenger door pocket I have a Corvette umbrella. I also have one pair of sunglasses on my visor clip and 2 other car matching color pair in the glove box.

dvilin 11-19-2015 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by BenCasey (Post 1590939977)

S&W M&P Shield 9mm perfect fit.

TBD 11-19-2015 08:24 PM

Think!

A handgun belongs on one's person...NEVER stowed away. Particularly in a place so many of you broadcast to millions. Wow!
Period.

Peace, out.

CaryBob 11-19-2015 08:28 PM

Behind screen: Kimber Solo, holstered with extra magazine, and a spare usb-lightning cable

Trunk Cubby: dual-voltage inflator, plug kit, leather gloves, Leatherman, cheap poncho, several small mf towels, bag of change and emergency gas money, spare water bottle, Torq multi tool.

Console: tire gauge, small notebook, pens, reading glasses, sd card, another Leatherman, bag of spare change and bills.

Travel Buddy: any drink containers go here, not in the console drink holder.

Pants pocket: iPhone, lint, fob.

Door pocket: travel-pack tissues, small umbrella

R23HTC 11-19-2015 08:46 PM

Drivers door has spare work glasses and a micro fiber glasses wipe. Behind the screen is typically nothing, unless I have to remove my sunglasses while driving. Center compartment gas receipts. Passengers door is empty. Rear compartment has Chadwick's, micro fiber, digital tire gauge and spare lug nuts (leftovers after installing locks). My compressor/battery jumper is to big so it sits behind the driver's seat and the shade drop.