CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Scan & Tune (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-scan-and-tune-124/)
-   -   Diablo tuning question (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-scan-and-tune/3743575-diablo-tuning-question.html)

let er eat 11-21-2015 06:24 PM

Diablo tuning question

So with all the adjustments that can be made on the device itself if I was to install long tubes with cats would I be able to make the necessary adjustments? If so, what needs to be adjusted?

Dcasole 11-21-2015 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by let er eat (Post 1590952473)
So with all the adjustments that can be made on the device itself if I was to install long tubes with cats would I be able to make the necessary adjustments? If so, what needs to be adjusted?

Tuning is an art form and unless you know what you are doing or have someone like Mike at Diablo or Lew helping you I would recommend not touch anything for fear of " BRICKING " the ECM.

Email or PM Lew ( DiabLew / 06MonteSS) for $150.00 he can set you up , He will also make adjustments to your tune after you send him your data logs .

Dave

norris_83 11-22-2015 09:41 PM

when you tune with the diablo programmer, you won't be able to get into the "hard" switches that you need to change, only a diablosport cmr tuner can do.

let er eat 11-23-2015 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Dcasole (Post 1590953492)
Tuning is an art form and unless you know what you are doing or have someone like Mike at Diablo or Lew helping you I would recommend not touch anything for fear of " BRICKING " the ECM.

Email or PM Lew ( DiabLew / 06MonteSS) for $150.00 he can set you up , He will also make adjustments to your tune after you send him your data logs .

Dave

Yep well aware of lew, ultimately not sure if I'm gonna go with him or jump to a dyno tune...

Originally Posted by norris_83 (Post 1590959493)
when you tune with the diablo programmer, you won't be able to get into the "hard" switches that you need to change, only a diablosport cmr tuner can do.

Unfortunately that's what I figured lol

Thanks guys

Mike@DiabloSport 11-23-2015 03:32 PM

You could dial in fueling to a certain degree, and WOT timing, but to disable any codes associated with the headers will require a custom tune for sure.

Thanks

Guyzer7 06-05-2019 03:41 PM

Why not sell the Diablo and get a proper HP Tune on a Dyno for $600? Why go through the back and forth hassle of adjusting the street tuners. Two hours on a dyno and you are good to go with actual horsepower numbers. There is no comparison! That's what I did and 100% satisfied. So will you!

Mike@DiabloSport 06-05-2019 04:03 PM

2 hours on the dyno doesn't account for 99% of what you do on the street.
Fine if its a track car that lives at WOT, but most street cars do not.

Besides, what do you feel can be done on the dyno with their software that you couldn't do with ours?

If your argument is that a dyno tune is better than a street tune, thats fine, but no need to bring brands into that argument.

Thanks

Mike@DiabloSport 06-05-2019 04:04 PM

Not to mention you bumped a 4 year old thread....are you just trolling?
Made the same post in another thread, so, I guess so....

:thumbs:

Dcasole 06-05-2019 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Mike@DiabloSport (Post 1599529543)

:iagree:
Dyno does not do anything about the drivability factor that a street tune handles and what does it matter what software tool you use ......

Davev

Guyzer7 06-06-2019 01:34 AM

My apologies, I thought I was replying to a different thread but it bumped me into a "related thread" which was this 4 years old thread. My mistake, No trolling here.

vetteJPJ 07-15-2019 01:00 AM

A little testy aren't we ?

Mike@DiabloSport 07-15-2019 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by vetteJPJ (Post 1599756537)
A little testy aren't we ?

lol....no?