CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   I waved at a girl today, and she waved back! (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3755016-i-waved-at-a-girl-today-and-she-waved-back.html)

owc6 12-16-2015 10:54 PM

I waved at a girl today, and I liked it!

Was stopped at a light, and there was a Vette was waiting to turn right (onto the road I was on). I stuck my hand out the window over my head and waved ( nice day in the Mid-Atlantic region). I saw a what I was hoping was a wave behind the closed window.

Waited for the light to cycle, and caught up with the car, and passed at the next light. Turns out it's a girl. :eek:

WTF? I thought (according you you all) I was the only girl that waves!
:leaving:

:lol:

DogTag-C7R 12-16-2015 11:11 PM

Id have liked to seen that - Roger that - way to save the wave:)

oyealiz 12-17-2015 12:50 AM

When I lived in Houston, I waved at another girl in a Vette. She appeared to be very studiously ignoring me. When she actually looked at me, she started laughing, waved back and gave me a thumbs up in return.

She was super cute, and her car was very nice, so maybe she was just tired of guys messing with her? Or maybe she's just totally oblivious to other drivers as a matter of course?

Who knows?! But yeah, I wave. :)

RajeeK 12-17-2015 01:05 AM

I got the finger from a Prius the other day. That was fun. I should have waved back.

I was not about to take on that beast and get humiliated.

05XLRtoC7_San Diego 12-17-2015 04:06 AM

Originally Posted by RajeeK (Post 1591130026)
I got the finger from a Prius the other day. That was fun. I should have waved back.

Lol.
Let me guess....was it sitting in the left lane going 35 mph in a 50 mph zone?

Most Vette folks waive back in San Diego :thumbs:

McKay 12-17-2015 04:55 AM

I waved at a girl in a sports convertible last month and she waved back. I was on my way to the office and after I parked my car and started walking towards the building the girl pulled up near me. Turned out that she works in the same office though she joined recently.Small world!

C7&7 12-17-2015 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by McKay (Post 1591130280)
I waved at a girl in a sports convertible last month and she waved back. I was on my way to the office and after I parked my car and started walking towards the building the girl pulled up near me. Turned out that she works in the same office though she joined recently.Small world!

Sounds like you need to have a little "meeting" with her maybe?

VETJAZZ 12-17-2015 10:36 AM

The wave is, of course, unisex! :yesnod:

Phanni 12-17-2015 10:51 AM

Not exactly a wave situation,,,,but,,,,

One of the weirder things to happen to me:

I have a neighbor (several houses away) that was once a disc Jockey on a local radio station.
He is a big time exotic car freak, (Porche and Ferrari)
I later found out he's had a sex change operation.

At one point I'd noticed this 'blonde' in our neighborhood taking a walk almost every day. She (it) always wore flashy pink clothing such as jump suit. warm ups or even a mini skirt.
I never suspected what was going on until someone told me.

I was driving my C-5 convertible (with the top down) down the street one day and was stopped by a red light. While awaiting for it to change, this 'person' was walking by and walked over to my car and said 'nice car mister'. Now this transgender person is likely the ugliest 'female' I've seen in my 70+ years on this planet. I was dumbfounded.

A simple thank you and then fortunately the light changed.

Can you say ugh!

dvilin 12-17-2015 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Phanni (Post 1591131911)
Not exactly a wave situation,,,,but,,,,

One of the weirder things to happen to me:

I have a neighbor (several houses away) that was once a disc Jockey on a local radio station.
He is a big time exotic car freak, (Porche and Ferrari)
I later found out he's had a sex change operation.

At one point I'd noticed this 'blonde' in our neighborhood taking a walk almost every day. She (it) always wore flashy pink clothing such as jump suit. warm ups or even a mini skirt.
I never suspected what was going on until someone told me.

I was driving my C-5 convertible (with the top down) down the street one day and was stopped by a red light. While awaiting for it to change, this 'person' was walking by and walked over to my car and said 'nice car mister'. Now this transgender person is likely the ugliest 'female' I've seen in my 70+ years on this planet. I was dumbfounded.

A simple thank you and then fortunately the light changed.

Can you say ugh!

Really kind of a sad post.

Mike Mercury 12-17-2015 12:03 PM

for me, it would be more like:

I waved at a girl and...

http://www.criminaldefenselawyersma....ning_Order.jpg

BigJoe 12-17-2015 12:41 PM

I think tinted windows are one thing killing the wave. Unless I am VERY obvious when I wave, like out an open window or close to the windshield, I rarely get a wave back. But then, even in the bright sun, it is hard to see into my car. So if you have dark tints and want a wave back, make sure you wave so the other guy can see you.
And of course the opposite is true. The other guy may be waving like crazy but you can't see into his car to see it.
Of course I always wave... :seeya

Steve Garrett 12-17-2015 01:19 PM

Lisa, I saw a red C5 on the highway yesterday. As I passed her, it was a female. It's always good to see a woman driving a Corvette.

I couldn't wave though-I was in my Daily Driver. So waving would have seemed.....creepy.

LisaVette98 12-17-2015 01:31 PM

I'm female...and I wave...Sometimes even in the wrong car! I find I wave to other Camaro drivers when driving my Camaro and for the most part they ignore me...oh well! lol

kp 12-17-2015 01:39 PM

I've had both the scowl and a smile and wave from female corvette drivers. I also have a jeep wrangler and get way more waves in that, mostly because you run across one every 200 feet or so in these parts. Female Jeep drivers tend to wave back more often.

AKKutz 12-17-2015 01:47 PM

50/50 return waves in my area. Mostly they come from C5 and C6 owners (both male and female). The lesser return waves come from C7 owners. There is one guy I see regularly in a Blue C7 I wave and he scowls. go figure.

RajeeK 12-17-2015 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by 05XLRtoC7_San Diego (Post 1591130244)
Lol.
Let me guess....was it sitting in the left lane going 35 mph in a 50 mph zone?

Most Vette folks waive back in San Diego :thumbs:

I was actually in LA at the time. That probably explains it.

rkhegler 12-17-2015 03:59 PM

:worthlessnopics:

LIE2ME 12-17-2015 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by RajeeK (Post 1591130026)

http://i1257.photobucket.com/albums/...psoggoai3n.jpg

jcp911s 12-17-2015 09:50 PM

Just testing my iPad... This seems like a good post to test whether my connection works.. If anyone can read this... Then thanks.