CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 General (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general-103/)
-   -   [Z06] Anyone having a CTS-V (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general/3773436-anyone-having-a-cts-v.html)

fisher auto 01-29-2016 07:37 PM

Anyone having a CTS-V

Going to look at an 09' tomorrow morning low miles at only 23xxx and 1 owner! Had my local dealer run the vin. The blower has an extended warranty till 2019 which is a plus and has a couple recalls! Does not have Recaro's or nav which is not a big deal to me because I feel my phone has better nav than any vehicle, lol..... Any feedback is appreciated!

zdeckich 01-29-2016 08:29 PM

Never owned one but know several people that do and they are amazing vehicles. I would love to have a CTSV wagon 6speed with recaros but can never find one. Good luck with your purchase. Post pics if and when you get it. Also would love to have a coupe in frost gray, 6 speed, recaros. What color you looking at?

fisher auto 01-29-2016 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by zdeckich (Post 1591434664)
Never owned one but know several people that do and they are amazing vehicles. I would love to have a CTSV wagon 6speed with recaros but can never find one. Good luck with your purchase. Post pics if and when you get it. Also would love to have a coupe in frost gray, 6 speed, recaros. What color you looking at?

Yea man looking forward to checking it out! It's a sedan in the white diamond and auto...wagon are pretty cool looking too!

Hangtyme 01-29-2016 09:30 PM

I have a first gen and a C5Z. Sometimes I prefer the 4 door until I try to go fast and it feels like a tank haha. 2nd gen would be amazing.

http://i63.tinypic.com/9gc09l.jpg

fisher auto 01-29-2016 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Hangtyme (Post 1591435089)
I have a first gen and a C5Z. Sometimes I prefer the 4 door until I try to go fast and it feels like a tank haha. 2nd gen would be amazing.

http://i63.tinypic.com/9gc09l.jpg

Great to have the option though....:rock:

RC000E 01-29-2016 10:17 PM

Drove several 2nd gens on a racetrack. I have to admit, they are pretty damn capable for their size. I got 4 solid laps at Monticello, on the full course, before the brakes even started giving up. Body rolled like a bus (compared to what we were testing there), but damn...the car isn't slow, all things considered. Hell of a daily..

DSGCOBRA24 01-29-2016 11:24 PM

I have a 03' z06 and a 11' white diamond coupe with recaros and nav. For me it had to have the recaros, the nav wasn't a deal breaker but it was nice that it came with it. They're very nice cars, driving around feels very comfortable but, give it some throttle and it puts you back in the seats pretty good. You don't really expect a car like that to have that much power. You'll be very happy with one. Good luck!

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/...ps93nhrsha.jpg

fisher auto 01-31-2016 10:18 AM

Well let me just say WOW!!! I had to take my wife's 07' Maxima to see the Cadi and needless to say didn't want to get back in it after driving the V. All around nice car this! But.. car is suppose to be a 1 owner but had some paint work, badly cupped front tires, RF wheel was badly rashed and oil pan is leaking!:willy: From carfax looks like it's been sitting around since July of 15' and under carriage shows the signs of it too! So unless they move on price quite a bit, the search goes on!!!

C5Dobie 02-01-2016 04:00 PM

I have driven them....was close to pulling trigger on a CTS-V wagon w/ manual tranny just such a cool and unique vehicle literally NOTHING out there like it in the US.

To me it would have had to be a DD and between getting a set of snow tires/wheel, and keeping up the paint and detailing on it plus being so low to the ground getting rock chips etc. It just wasn't that practical. And for use as a "toy" or hobby car....they don't make a ton of sense as far as that goes either because they're so heavy, have so much electronics, and there's just better alternatives out there.

I ended up getting a 6.2 GMC truck FWIW

If it were me and that's what I was looking for again I would have a hard time not checking out a Chevy SS or G8 GXP w/ manual tranny - not blown but cheaper price point and IMO better built in many ways. I would also have to look at an SRT8 or dare I say HELLCAT charger;....

TXGS507 02-05-2016 07:41 AM

Love the 2nd gen CTSV's.. I have friends who own them. show and go.....
However, had one give my C5z a try the other night.. It wasn't good for the V...... Matter of fact, it was down right ugly!

Toque 02-05-2016 03:08 PM

I drove my brothers 2013 6 speed CTSV for 2 weeks straight. I was really surprised a how it ran. Comfortable, tight, well built and pulled like a freight train. I was a lot more nimble in he turns than I expected too. I walked a 392 Challenger that wanted to play as well. I would buy one if I had the extra $$ for sure.

Originally Posted by 0H1Z06 (Post 1591482745)
Love the 2nd gen CTSV's.. I have friends who own them. show and go.....
However, had one give my C5z a try the other night.. It wasn't good for the V...... Matter of fact, it was down right ugly!

You modified Z racing a stock V is not a fair race at all. :lol:
I'm sure the V owner realized that when he heard you got on it. :D
Could he smell the giggle juice ? :thumbs:

toque

TXGS507 02-05-2016 06:12 PM

It was that night you and I were at Kellers..... giggle juice...? Man, I only use that at the track....:rofl::willy:

Originally Posted by Toque (Post 1591486218)
I drove my brothers 2013 6 speed CTSV for 2 weeks straight. I was really surprised a how it ran. Comfortable, tight, well built and pulled like a freight train. I was a lot more nimble in he turns than I expected too. I walked a 392 Challenger that wanted to play as well. I would buy one if I had the extra $$ for sure.

You modified Z racing a stock V is not a fair race at all. :lol:
I'm sure the V owner realized that when he heard you got on it. :D
Could he smell the giggle juice ? :thumbs:

toque

TXGS507 02-05-2016 06:12 PM

Who said the "V" was stock....?? ;)

Shakeydeal 02-06-2016 06:57 AM

I had a 2011 CTS Coupe. I certainly can't speak to the performance of the V, but I can talk about the car in general, since they are very similar in other respects.

I loved the ride and creature comforts of my coupe. fit and finish were excellent and it never failed to turn heads. I would love to have kept both, or moved up to a late model V, but alas, that wasn't in the cards. In the end, the peformance of the Z pulled at my heart strings but I still have fond memories of the caddy.

Shakey

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...a69e099f3f.jpg

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...4b0a3443d9.jpg

Toque 02-06-2016 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by 0H1Z06 (Post 1591487741)
Who said the "V" was stock....?? ;)

Yea that's for sure. :D
Around here there are not many stock V's for sure.
So many running 700 ++ hp

Toque

fisher auto 02-06-2016 05:53 PM

Still looking, Drove a 13' today only 11xxx but alot of scratches, needs tires. I have a chance to get an 09' with only 18,315 on it and they would certify it and it would have a 6/70 warr. in Boston, but it's the blue diamond tri-coat and just can't tell if I like it or not, did a search and some pics look great and others remind of 1970 fleetwood.....So NEXT

ysb02 02-09-2016 10:39 AM

They're nice cars and with $3-4k in mods you can get it up to ~625whp without doing the exhaust. I was looking at replacing the z with one but imo it's more a DD car not a weekend one.

The only bad thing is iirc there is only one place the builds the 6L90 (circle d) and their package is $5k. RPM said they wouldn't even touch it, recommend a 4l80. From reading the forums it looks like ~625-650rwhp people start to have trans issues.

The stock blower has an issue with a spring and there's a rubber replacement for it. I think you can swap it out doing the upper pulley.

I saw a modded one ~700rwhp pulling a better 60' time than a GTR at the local track. Once you get it setup they can pull some very serious 1/4 times.

fisher auto 02-09-2016 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by ysb02 (Post 1591513262)
They're nice cars and with $3-4k in mods you can get it up to ~625whp without doing the exhaust. I was looking at replacing the z with one but imo it's more a DD car not a weekend one.

The only bad thing is iirc there is only one place the builds the 6L90 (circle d) and their package is $5k. RPM said they wouldn't even touch it, recommend a 4l80. From reading the forums it looks like ~625-650rwhp people start to have trans issues.

The stock blower has an issue with a spring and there's a rubber replacement for it. I think you can swap it out doing the upper pulley.

I saw a modded one ~700rwhp pulling a better 60' time than a GTR at the local track. Once you get it setup they can pull some very serious 1/4 times.

Yea man that's what I'm afraid of, going crazy with it. MY wife would cut them off!!! LMAO:rofl:

hdff 02-10-2016 05:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
We have a 2012, was a 1 owner with 12K miles. Black diamond tricoat . The wife went from a 06 corvette to this last summer. One word, WOW! Thought I would miss her vette but I don't except for the gas mileage. Hers is her DD. Me having a c5z helps not missing hers.