CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Vitesse Controller Loaner opinions? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/3786958-vitesse-controller-loaner-opinions.html)

Fastone27 02-28-2016 01:08 PM

Vitesse Controller Loaner opinions?

Hey Guys! Thought i would get your opinions to see if this might work. I had the Vitesse Controller on my Black car and loved it! When I traded it in I had left the controller in the car with the intentions of getting it back. A few weeks went by and decided just to buy a new Controller. I ended up getting the second one back so now i have both. I thought about simply selling it but then i thought I might try something a little different. There are so many guys here that are skeptics and/or hesitant to purchase without knowing how it works and if it really is as good as those of us that have one say it is. So i am willing to "loan" my spare one out to anyone that wants to try it for a week! Then they can either buy their own or not and send the controller to the next guy in line. It would be like the honor system. We could simply post up in this thread as to who has it and who would be the next person in line. Do you all think this would work.and i hope that Vitesse Company is OK with this as i think it could help with the skeptics? :thumbs:

I thought i would link this thread here . Its a great thread showing the installation of the Vitesse! Thank You Cor430vette!
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ll-w-pics.html

4SUMERZ 02-28-2016 01:20 PM

That is really decent of you to want to do that. KUDOS!

If I wasn't in Canada, I would of tried it for sure. I've been on the fence about buying one since the fall.

:thumbs:

corvette-kyle 02-28-2016 01:28 PM

I would be very interested in this. I've been wanting one of these really badly but I bought my car with a tune and I don't know if the tuner already remapped the throttle or whatever the throttle controller does. I've been dying to get one and find out but would hate to buy one and then find out that it doesn't change anything. If you end up doing this please count me in. THanks

VitesseMotorsports 02-28-2016 02:51 PM

Sure, we're not just OK with that ! We're Happy with your initiative that a customer is willing to do that for our product.

This is why we have a 100% money back guarantee for 30 days on this Controller.

Leigh C. Herring 02-28-2016 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by VitesseMotorsports (Post 1591658542)
Sure, we're not just OK with that ! We're Happy with your initiative that a customer is willing to do that for our product.

This is why we have a 100% money back guarantee for 30 days on this Controller.

finish the 05 one so I can buy it.....p p please lol

PDsVettes 02-28-2016 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by corvette-kyle (Post 1591658044)
I would be very interested in this. I've been wanting one of these really badly but I bought my car with a tune and I don't know if the tuner already remapped the throttle or whatever the throttle controller does. I've been dying to get one and find out but would hate to buy one and then find out that it doesn't change anything. If you end up doing this please count me in. THanks

I have a custom tune by Lew and this Vitesse controller adds to the better throttle response that was provided by Lew's tune. I had the same thoughts that you do. Now your existing tune will be SP0 and throttle response quickens as you progress up to SP9. I was on SP6 for a while but have gone to SP7 and I am very happy with the way my Corvette responds to this setting. You won't be disappointed in buying one of these controllers.

russ472 02-28-2016 03:48 PM

your loaner will be bought by the first person that tries it.

NashvilleGrandSport 02-28-2016 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by russ472 (Post 1591658847)

Beat me to it.

Great idea. Like I've said... Try it, you'll like it!

Fastone27 02-28-2016 04:08 PM

But that's not really what I am doing, I'm simply paying it forward. I'll take care of the shipping to the first person and then the next person can ship to the next and so on. If after trying it out for a few days simply order one and send the loaner to the next person.

I think the fact that Vitesse is on board with this speaks volumes as to how good it is.

VitesseMotorsports 02-28-2016 04:31 PM

Yes, for the 2005, we're still working on it. It's a different ECU, different wiring...

Z0HS1CK 02-28-2016 04:52 PM

That's really nice of you.

Where were you like 2 months ago lol

okie08vette 02-28-2016 04:59 PM

I would love to try it on my 08. If you are doing this put me on the list, I will be happy to pass it after trying for a couple days. My email is paulandbecky08@att.net

Great idea, thanks

Vet Interested 02-28-2016 10:34 PM

:iagree::iagree::iagree:

okie08vette 02-28-2016 11:26 PM

I don't believe his plan is to sell it, just keep passing it on to the next guy. If you try it and want it then go get a new one and pass on the loaner. Pretty simple.

CHEV AGAIN 02-28-2016 11:31 PM

It will be a great social experiment at the very least!!:lurk:

Mark

okie08vette 02-28-2016 11:33 PM

I think that this kind of thing is what this forum is all about.

Fastone27 02-29-2016 05:44 AM

Looks like there are quite a few of you that would like to take part in this! I'll send it to Corvette Kyle first and then he can send to Okie08Vette. Anyone else that would like to try it out simply add to this thread and you will be next in line! I will also put the original instructions in with it so you can program it. Very simple to program. Only trick is contorting your body under the dash to connect it. Lets make it 2-3 days to try and then send it to the next so it doesn't drag out to long if that is good with everyone.

Here's the list as it as of now

1. corvette-kyle
2. okie08vette

okie08vette 02-29-2016 12:09 PM

Corvette-kyle I Sent you a PM with my contact info. Thanks

mbsigman 02-29-2016 11:23 PM

GREAT product. Love mine. HUGE difference in throttle feel, very easy install, excellent product support. One of the best mods I ever did to my Vette - only wish it was out sooner.

Nice of OP to make this offer to those on the forum!

let er eat 03-01-2016 03:12 AM

Awesome