CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Transactions Feedback (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/transactions-feedback-153/)
-   -   Bad Experience with GM Parts Direct (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/transactions-feedback/3804408-bad-experience-with-gm-parts-direct.html)

Lukes07Vette 04-05-2016 12:13 AM

Bad Experience with GM Parts Direct

I ordered new brake pad and rotors from for gmpartsdirect.com. The rotors arrived well packaged and wrapped, as one would expect. The pads however came looking like a 5 year old packaged them. (See pics below):nono:

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...537416ac1b.jpg

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...1f74c7e38f.jpg

I filed two complaints with costumer service and still haven't heard anything back. Its been 2 weeks. In what world is this acceptable?! I wanted to post this to make everyone aware of this. Let me know if any of you have run into the same problem.

Thanks.

Vette_DD 04-05-2016 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by Lukes07Vette (Post 1591928097)
I ordered new brake pad and rotors from for gmpartsdirect.com. The rotors arrived well packaged and wrapped, as one would expect. The pads however came looking like a 5 year old packaged them.

I filed two complaints with costumer service and still haven't heard anything back. Its been 2 weeks. In what world is this acceptable?! I wanted to post this to make everyone aware of this. Let me know if any of you have run into the same problem.

Thanks.

More people will see it if you post it in the Transactions Feedback section of the forum.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-feedback-153/

JAvery20 04-05-2016 12:22 AM

I had an issue about a year ago. Very hard to get a hold of them.

C6topless 04-05-2016 01:02 AM

I have purchased numerous parts from them and never had a bad experience. I hope this is an anomaly ..

Kent1999 04-05-2016 01:44 AM

I've had quite good luck with them on many orders.

While the packaging for your pads is definitely bad/sloppy, those padlets are very sturdy and *appear* fine (from what can be seen). I doubt a single trip loose in a box like that damaged them at all.

AORoads 04-05-2016 07:09 AM

Someone "thought" a relatively thin carboard box would hold relatively heavy padlets. The good news is, the pads don't break or damage easily. The bad news is, you don't have much of a box left. I'd call it a good day and move on. Next time, maybe go to a different vendor. Packaging is an art, and many/most places don't put much money into it. The only one I've found that does a great job is California Chrome Wheels, with Amazon a close second (and they ASK, "how was our packaging?")

RocketDawg 04-05-2016 07:13 AM

Well, I agree with the OP ... that packaging is unacceptable. There's no reason the pads should have left the vendor like that.

I also agree with AORoads ... Amazon is excellent. I order a lot from them and have only had a problem with one order over the years.

Don-Vette 04-05-2016 07:23 AM

The packaging sucked,but the product wasn't damaged. Move on with your life.

GOLD72 04-05-2016 08:00 AM

I had a less than satisfactory experience with them shipping me two front sets of ceramic brake pads instead of one front and one rear set. Their business model is not customer friendly and that is really aggravating particularly when it was their fault. Never gone back to them since. I see not a lot has changed since with the occasional complaints I see here. :ack:

Joe B. 04-05-2016 08:11 AM

Better brake pads than the wristwatch I recently received from Amazon and promptly returned.
The watch box which was in a standard larger shipping box with absolutely no packing/buffering material, had fallen out of it's factory box and was rattling around in said shipping box.
Stuff happens.

Landru 04-05-2016 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by Lukes07Vette (Post 1591928097)
The pads however came looking like a 5 year old packaged them...I filed two complaints with costumer service and still haven't heard anything back. Its been 2 weeks. In what world is this acceptable?!

Complain about what?
I'd ordered 2 FRT discs w/ pads & pins, OEM AC Delco just like yours.
All 12 pads were loose packed in same type box. So? :confused2:

They're brake pads ferchrisakes, install 'em and be done with it.

Red08 04-05-2016 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by C6topless (Post 1591928276)
I have purchased numerous parts from them and never had a bad experience. I hope this is an anomaly ..

:iagree: I have ordered several things from them and never a problem. Were the brake pads damaged in some way, or just not packed real well?

Welker1 04-05-2016 09:47 AM

About three months ago I was getting ready to purchase a part from them (traction control switch); besides finding it cheaper elsewhere, these reviews and the overall rating turned me off....

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/GMPartsDirect

RocketDawg 04-05-2016 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by Joe B. (Post 1591928951)
Better brake pads than the wristwatch I recently received from Amazon and promptly returned.
The watch box which was in a standard larger shipping box with absolutely no packing/buffering material, had fallen out of it's factory box and was rattling around in said shipping box.
Stuff happens.

That's odd ... I just ordered a wristwatch from them a couple weeks ago ... got their Sturling brand since I'm only using it as a daily knock around ... and the packaging was fine. Had the original watch box inside a larger box with plenty of the air pillow things around the watch box. No problems whatsoever. And the watch is great too, albeit a bit large and heavy (it's a dive watch, so that's to be expected).

Yesterday, I received a pocketknife from them ... it had the tiny little Buck knife box inside a much larger box. :) A bit of overkill perhaps, but a box that really fit would probably have been lost in the mail. The larger box also had pillow packing in it, which was not really needed other than to keep the knife box from rattling around.

Everything I order from them comes from Lexington ... maybe they have better packers there.

ruxvette 04-05-2016 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by RocketDawg (Post 1591928753)
Well, I agree with the OP ... that packaging is unacceptable. There's no reason the pads should have left the vendor like that...

I bought my pads from Cultrag and the boxes looked they did before shipping...perfect.

But, I also have to admit, it the pads are ok just move on...:yesnod:

HOXXOH 04-05-2016 02:04 PM

GM partsdirect is a dealership in Winston-Salem NC, just like any other, except they also sell parts online for less than list. There are lots of dealers who sell online and they all have the exact same parts you'd get at the parts counter. Many will be in the original packaging how they received them. You certainly can't expect them to repackage the stuff that comes off their shelf that's already in a package.

I know 38 GM dealers who have online parts websites, including 4 in the Phoenix area. I'm quite sure there are more. Their pricing varies quite a bit and so does their shipping cost. Sometimes they have low prices, but make up the difference with high shipping. Some won't sell at the parts counter for the same price they list online. Some dealers who don't sell online will price match those who do. It's up to you to do the homework.
All business has three basic tenets. Price, delivery, and quality. The seller gets to pick 1 of the three. Since in this case the quality is the same, you get to decide which of the other two is your priority.

GOLD72 04-05-2016 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Welker1 (Post 1591929585)
About three months ago I was getting ready to purchase a part from them (traction control switch); besides finding it cheaper elsewhere, these reviews and the overall rating turned me off....

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/GMPartsDirect

:iagree: Good move. None of the comments surprise me knowing what their business model has been for 12+ years. Not only had you better get it right, you have to pray they don't make a mistake as well. Because getting any mistake corrected is a huge problem with them.

Always Red Dave 04-05-2016 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by C6topless (Post 1591928276)

:iagree: same experience here.:yesnod:

Lukes07Vette 04-06-2016 07:04 PM

Thanks for all the into ladies and gentlemen. I think I wall be avoiding gm parts direct for here on out.

Joe B. 04-06-2016 07:35 PM

Bought some spare tu-tone seat covers from them. See my avatar. Quadruple checked the part #, e-mailed them, (they responded), as I had read about possible return issues, and all was good. Came in a cardboard box.