CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Transparent Top Question (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3809686-transparent-top-question.html)

HARVEY T.GLUCK 04-16-2016 01:06 PM

Transparent Top Question

I have someone interested in purchasing my top Transparent top which was never used and came off my ZO6. He asked is it smoked or with a blue tint????
I am away and not near the top -- what determines what color tint the top has.... ?. Smoked or blue??? Harvey

HARVEY T.GLUCK 04-16-2016 01:11 PM

Transparent top Question

My buyer seems to think there is only one choice and the appearance is whether you are inside or outside and looking. Good observation but still Questioning.

Eppieguy 04-16-2016 01:12 PM

I have never seen a C7 with a blue tinted top, all are smoke as far as I have seen. I have seen some C4's with a bluish tint but I think that was just the aging of the top.

funz06 04-16-2016 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Eppieguy (Post 1592011567)
I have never seen a C7 with a blue tinted top, all are smoke as far as I have seen. I have seen some C4's with a bluish tint but I think that was just the aging of the top.

Are you referring to how the roof looks from the outside? The 4 or so folks in my club with the transparent tops on their C7's all have the blueish tint or haze when sitting in the car and looking out--------and they all have the smoked look on the outside. And from what I have seen with vendors on the Forum, at least two have referred to the OEM blue tint-----------we are trying to determine whether or not all have the blue haze look when sitting in the car and looking out. If you have seen any C7's without the blue tint when looking out from the inside of the car, this would be very helpful to us. Thanks.

plasboy 04-16-2016 02:20 PM

I have only seen one color and don't remember anything as to options on the order form.

NSC5 04-16-2016 02:47 PM

There are no optional colors. It looks blue from the inside, smoked or black on the outside depending upon the amount/direction of light hitting it.

I ordered my Z06 with it and love it. It provides a little more headroom for us tall folks and it also lets you see traffic signals through the roof which is often very convenient.

HARVEY T.GLUCK 04-16-2016 05:41 PM

Transparent top Question

It's official direct from Detroit only 1. It's been 25 years since. Choice. Thanks everyone.

HARVEY T.GLUCK 04-16-2016 05:52 PM

Transparent top question

Forgot to mention had my 2016 orange ZO6 in Florida for the Winter and chose to leave the Carbon Top on. Shipping it back to NY on Tuesday and will put the Clear Top on for the First time...
#72 though will be. gran sport convertible. Very tuff choice but I prefer the Quiet factor of the Convertible. Plenty of advantages in the Coupe though.
Problem though on the Horizon - selling a 2016 ZO6 with 2 Discontinued Colors. Orange and Brownstone interior. Hard to figure The combo is a real WINNER. Take care. Harvey

Black&White 04-16-2016 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by HARVEY T.GLUCK (Post 1592011531)
I have someone interested in purchasing my top Transparent top which was never used and came off my ZO6. He asked is it smoked or with a blue tint????
I am away and not near the top -- what determines what color tint the top has.... ?. Smoked or blue??? Harvey

In years past GM offered two tints Blue and Bronze Im sure the buyer is not aware the top now comes in only the blue version.

LT1 Z51 04-17-2016 09:51 PM

C6 and C7 tops have always been blue (tinted) on the inside, black (tinted) on the outside

alamo1974 04-17-2016 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by Eppieguy (Post 1592011567)

:iagree: Blue :confused2: