CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Older people and their Corvettes (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3809855-older-people-and-their-corvettes.html)

Bill17601 04-16-2016 08:02 PM

Older people and their Corvettes

I'm over 70 and have owned about eighteen Corvettes. I have no problem with people that make fun of older owners. What I will say to those that thinks it's funny. If your lucky you'll be a senior citizen who drives a Corvette, if not lucky you'll be dead. So make fun of old people with Corvettes and pray you'll live a long time and drive new Corvettes so you can be mocked too.

SAVE THE WAVE

Irecycleit 04-16-2016 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Bill17601 (Post 1592013610)
I'm over 70 and have owned about eighteen Corvettes. I have no problem with people that make fun of older owners. What I will say to those that thinks it's funny. If your lucky you'll be a senior citizen who drives a Corvette, if not lucky you'll be dead. So make fun of old people with Corvettes and pray you'll live a long time and drive new Corvettes so you can be mocked too.

SAVE THE WAVE

Amen! :thumbs:

DD04C5 04-16-2016 08:17 PM

Amen to that!:iagree:

L8ter 04-16-2016 08:17 PM

A few unlucky young people won't make it to be old people, because they drive Corvettes.

40flier 04-16-2016 08:20 PM

SAVE THE WAVE

Damm, wonder what brought that on?

dvilin 04-16-2016 08:23 PM

:confused2:

robert miller 04-16-2016 08:25 PM

ttt

:iagree: I had 2 guys in a 600 plus Mustang pull up beside me on the interstate wanted to race. The one on the pass side finally side I was just a old white headed fart.

I told him the least I will run for is 500.00 he said they didn't have it, I was just wasn't up to out running his car. I told him OK hit it when ever you feel like you are lucky. He did I just walked off from them almost like the mustang was just setting.:lol::lol:

They let off of it within a 1/4 I was so far ahead of them. I let them catch up with me. Cause the wife was behind driving het car, When the guys got up beside side me all I got was a big :thumbs::thumbs: from both of them.

After that I had to hear it from the wifey that I was just a over grown kid myself. But that was on the cell phone and just turned it off and all piece in the car again.:lol::lol:

C5 is a RHS 427 with a F1X blown on it small cam putting out almost 1200 rwhp. :lol::lol::lol:

PUGPROUD 04-16-2016 09:01 PM

"Le Coeur n'a pas de rides" = The heart has no wrinkles. 71 years old and love my C7. No one beats old man time but no one has to give in either. :thumbs:

bigblock427 04-16-2016 10:07 PM

SAVE THE WAVE

Amen.

You are not old. You just have a lot of experience with youth.

devnull 04-16-2016 10:11 PM

We spent last week in the Villages and I swore to her that I would not be driving some golf cart when I retire. She told me that I was the 'retired convertible Corvette type'

Lady knows me better than I do lol...

Basil2000 04-16-2016 11:26 PM

I have had a vette since I was 18yrs old. I'm now 44 and some day I will be an old man with a corvette. i love it when people ask me if I bought my vette because of a mid life crisis. I say yes, I guess I've been having a mid life crisis since I was 18.

bladex10 04-16-2016 11:42 PM

I'll get the fast cars and fast life out of the way while in my youth because when i'm 70, None of these cars will be around then.

Garret 04-16-2016 11:55 PM

I'll assume you were one of the the already drunk "older" people when you posted this....LOL

Kingspoke 04-16-2016 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by robert miller (Post 1592013736)
:iagree: I had 2 guys in a 600 plus Mustang pull up beside me on the interstate wanted to race. The one on the pass side finally side I was just a old white headed fart.

C5 is a RHS 427 with a F1X blown on it small cam putting out almost 1200 rwhp. :lol::lol::lol:

I always remind my son that there are plenty of C5's & C6's that will smoke my stock Z, (and I'm OK with that), not to mention all of the other high performance cars out there.

In regards to age and ability, I always think of "Bid Daddy" Don Garlits (an amazing guy, just wiki this guy), and currently John Force (age 66).

Mac-427 04-17-2016 08:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'll admit, I'm somewhat perplexed by some people's preoccupation with age. I'm on my 7th Vette starting with a 71 LT1 thru my current 2016 Stingray Coupe. Hit the elliptical for an hour and weights 7 days a week. Also tactical train twice a month with my 1911-45 caliber. By the way, I'll be 73 in October. I expect to have a Corvette till the day I drop dead or become delusional. What the heck, if I get dementia my wife'll take the keys and I can sit in the car and imagine I'm driving.:D

JoesC5 04-17-2016 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Kingspoke (Post 1592014980)
I always remind my son that there are plenty of C5's & C6's that will smoke my stock Z, (and I'm OK with that), not to mention all of the other high performance cars out there.

In regards to age and ability, I always think of "Bid Daddy" Don Garlits (an amazing guy, just wiki this guy), and currently John Force (age 66).

Or Eddie Hill(also known for driving fast cars and fast boats, and is a record holder) that is a member on the Corvette forum. I'm going on 74 and Eddie is older than I am. On his worse day, Eddie could drive circles around me, even with me on my best day.

JoesC5 04-17-2016 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by bladex10 (Post 1592014909)
I'll get the fast cars and fast life out of the way while in my youth because when i'm 70, None of these cars will be around then.

You never know. I went through the 180 HP Corvette years(late 1970's) and the years that the Z28 had 145 HP(early 1980's). Only gasoline available was 87 octane.

Back then, we thought the days of high horsepower cars was over.

Didn't workout that way.

ZEEEE06 04-17-2016 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by Mac-427 (Post 1592015866)
I'll admit, I'm somewhat perplexed by some people's preoccupation with age. I'm on my 7th Vette starting with a 71 LT1 thru my current 2016 Stingray Coupe. Hit the elliptical for an hour and weights 7 days a week. Also tactical train twice a month with my 1911-45 caliber. By the way, I'll be 73 in October. I expect to have a Corvette till the day I drop dead or become delusional. What the heck, if I get dementia my wife'll take the keys and I can sit in the car and imagine I'm driving.:D

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

bcegaleace 04-17-2016 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by bigblock427 (Post 1592014340)
Amen.

You are not old. You just have a lot of experience with youth.

I really like your profile picture

bcegaleace 04-17-2016 08:41 AM

Here's the thing... Young guys see old guys driving vette and they are mostly jealous.

it's still an expensive car, and the "impractical" nature makes it unobtainable by many. When a young guy who wishes they could drive such a beauty sees an older guy, who has very liekly worked hard, paid his/her dues, and earned the right to have one, in this instant gratification society, they are just jealous... Haters gonna hate

I'm 39 and I just bought my first. Prior, I've owner pretty nice cars. I also look 10 years younger than I am. While not old, I get the jealousy from the other angle. People think I'm a trust fund douche bag, that my mommy/daddy bought it, etc. The reality, I own a successful business, my wife is a doctor, and we work our asses off. People don't see that, they just see the flashy car