CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Pacific Northwest (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/pacific-northwest-127/)
-   -   Fridays at Thrashers Corner? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/pacific-northwest/3823202-fridays-at-thrashers-corner.html)

Harley6 05-14-2016 10:39 PM

Fridays at Thrashers Corner?

Back in town after spending the winter in AZ, I stopped by Taco Time on 196th in Lynnwood to see what the Friday night scene was like. One old Cougar, a 442 and two security guards. That's it.

One of the guards told me there had been problems with the car crowd the previous week and that the shopping center owners were putting a stop to the cruise night. They said most people are gathering at the Thrashers Corner Dairy Queen in Bothell.

Anyone here aware of that, and if so is it a Corvette-friendly group?

JScott 05-15-2016 12:02 PM

Went to it once last year, about 20 cars there including a few vettes. Everybody friendly.

Beltfedbob 05-15-2016 05:41 PM

A couple Corvettes showed up after being kicked out of Lynnwood Friday. Don't know if it will fly as traffic in that area is hell and the lot very small. Looking for a lot that can handle a crowd and not upset the locals for future meets.

NW94Z 05-16-2016 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Harley6 (Post 1592216509)
Back in town after spending the winter in AZ, I stopped by Taco Time on 196th in Lynnwood to see what the Friday night scene was like. One old Cougar, a 442 and two security guards. That's it.

One of the guards told me there had been problems with the car crowd the previous week and that the shopping center owners were putting a stop to the cruise night. They said most people are gathering at the Thrashers Corner Dairy Queen in Bothell.

I drive by every Friday on the way home from work. I've noticed the attendance grow over the last year maybe two. This past Friday was the most I have ever seen. Maybe 20 cars by 5ish. It is a difficult area to get into and out of though.

tbrenny33 05-21-2016 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by NW94Z (Post 1592228597)
I drive by every Friday on the way home from work. I've noticed the attendance grow over the last year maybe two. This past Friday was the most I have ever seen. Maybe 20 cars by 5ish. It is a difficult area to get into and out of though.

I grew up in thrashers, that's a tough place to go at that time. A good place to meet would be where the old Safeway was in mill creek, across from mcmenanins. The lot is currently sitting empty and could hold a lot of cars, pretty easy to access, just off of 128th and Bothell-Everett highway.

NW94Z 05-21-2016 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by tbrenny33 (Post 1592260744)
I grew up in thrashers, that's a tough place to go at that time. A good place to meet would be where the old Safeway was in mill creek, across from mcmenanins. The lot is currently sitting empty and could hold a lot of cars, pretty easy to access, just off of 128th and Bothell-Everett highway.

Thrashes corner yesterday was packed. There were also about half a dozen corvettes. Mostly C5's.

Do you mean Bothell? McMenamins is in Bothell and there is an old Safeway there. Traffic there also bites.

There is another old Safeway on the other end of Bothell Everett Hwy. in Mill Creek/ South Everett that has an "Irish" bar across the parking lot that has a huge empty parking lot. That would be a better place for gathering.

tbrenny33 05-21-2016 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by NW94Z (Post 1592261511)
Thrashes corner yesterday was packed. There were also about half a dozen corvettes. Mostly C5's.

Do you mean Bothell? McMenamins is in Bothell and there is an old Safeway there. Traffic there also bites.

There is another old Safeway on the other end of Bothell Everett Hwy. in Mill Creek/ South Everett that has an "Irish" bar across the parking lot that has a huge empty parking lot. That would be a better place for gathering.

I am talking about the lot in mill creek/ silver lake, it's empty and pretty light traffic compared to Bothell. There is also a mcmenamins there. For some reason people only know the new one in downtown Bothell but the one in mill creek has been there for years!

Mufflerbearing 05-21-2016 03:34 PM

I think the corner you are both referring to is called Murphy's Corner. It's at the intersection of 128th Ave and the Bothell-Everett Highway also called Highway 527.

tbrenny33 05-21-2016 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Mufflerbearing (Post 1592262272)
I think the corner you are both referring to is called Murphy's Corner. It's at the intersection of 128th Ave and the Bothell-Everett Highway also called Highway 527.

That's the one! No confusion for me! They have a nice large empty lot there.

Mike Gover 06-08-2019 03:06 PM

Nobody in the classic car scene wants to see stupid whorevettes, stay home with ur ca

Originally Posted by Harley6 (Post 1592216509)

Oh oops didnt mean it, lo

69_Shark 06-18-2019 02:10 PM

The Dairy Queen cruise in was very busy a few weeks ago however as stated it is a very busy area. I came in from the back to avoid traffic.
There was a nice saturday evening cruise in at the McDonalds in Clearview however that has dramatically dropped of in attendance.

I'd be willing to meet at the closed Safeway in Mill Creek off 128th if there is interest.
Saturday might be a good choice as competing will Dairy \Queen Cruise in might not work well.

Scott