CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   I'm a failure as a Father...... (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/3832107-im-a-failure-as-a-father.html)

dbirdhouse1 06-04-2016 02:53 PM

I'm a failure as a Father......

My son, a car nut both with his wallet and his wrenches has seen me ascend the ladder of auto evolution from a Honda CRX Si to a Miata and finally to a C5 and my 3rd (and last) C6, '12 GS Conv 6 MT 3LT, and what is he seriously considering, a Subaru, a S-U-B-A-R-U; granted, it's a new STI but (I'm on my knees now, palms up, eyes to the heavens) an all wheel drive "scooter". :ack:

Where did I go wrong, what "Carmic" sins did I commit to deserve such
a Greek tragic outcome:ack:

I pray that you, the wise and justifiably blessed will take pity upon me as I have decided to withdraw from the world (except this site of course) to ponder such a fate; where did I go wrong oh gods of the go fast!!!!!????:shrug:

carl3989 06-04-2016 03:02 PM

Maybe that's why I always see a mature driver behind the wheel of a Vette.

R_W 06-04-2016 03:10 PM

Everyone starts somewhere, and tastes evolve. That, and it all depends on what his goal / plans are for the car... Don't be too hard on him.

Mavrick1 06-04-2016 03:11 PM

He is following in his Dads footsteps. You also started in a rice box. He will come around. But always remember, spare the shifter, spoil the child.

Bobby95 06-04-2016 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by dbirdhouse1 (Post 1592353171)
My son, a car nut both with his wallet and his wrenches has seen me ascend the ladder of auto evolution from a Honda CRX Si to a Miata and finally to a C5 and my 3rd (and last) C6, '12 GS Conv 6 MT 3LT, and what is he seriously considering, a Subaru, a S-U-B-A-R-U; granted, it's a new STI but (I'm on my knees now, palms up, eyes to the heavens) an all wheel drive "scooter". :ack:

I pray that you, the wise and justifiably blessed will take pity upon me as I have decided to withdraw from the world (except this site of course) to ponder such a fate; where did I go wrong oh gods of the go fast!!!!!????:shrug:

Well, look at it like this... Remember how your car ownership progression went- you started with a CRXsi and then to a Miata. Not exactly the pinnacle of performance, but two very fun little cars.

The WRX is in the same vein, imo (except much faster). Very fun to drive. In reality, he's just following in his Dad's footsteps. Just be glad he didn't buy a Prius...

montman 06-04-2016 03:16 PM

[QUOTE=dbirdhouse1;1592353171]My son, a car nut both with his wallet and his wrenches has seen me ascend the ladder of auto evolution from a Honda CRX Si to a Miata and finally to a C5 and my 3rd (and last) C6, '12 GS Conv 6 MT 3LT, and what is he seriously considering, a Subaru, a S-U-B-A-R-U; granted, it's a new STI but (I'm on my knees now, palms up, eyes to the heavens) an all wheel drive "scooter". :ack:

I pray that you, the wise and justifiably blessed will take pity upon me as I have decided to withdraw from the world (except this site of course) to ponder such a fate; where did I go wrong oh gods of the go fast!!!!!????:

Your not a failure. That Subaru will go places and do things a Vette never will. Not my style, but an STI is still a world class car. It will probably be more reliable than a vette. Besides, it could always be worse.

let er eat 06-04-2016 03:30 PM

You fail...

WICKEDFRC 06-04-2016 03:34 PM

What are you complaining about? You started out with a Miata and wondering where you went wrong?

What kind of an example did you set, Dad?

Be grateful he didn't grow up and want a Prius. Or worse; a green Subaru Forester.

let er eat 06-04-2016 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by WICKEDFRC (Post 1592353408)
What are you complaining about? You started out with a Miata and wondering where you went wrong?

What kind of an example did you set, Dad?

Be grateful he didn't grow up and want a Prius. Or worse; a green Subaru Forester.

Or a brz lol

wayback 06-04-2016 03:37 PM

It's not a bad car at all. Could be much worse.....he could drive a CRX.:lol::lol: fart can and all. :rock::rock:

Lou7787 06-04-2016 03:59 PM

Cut him out of the will:D

LFZ 06-04-2016 04:25 PM

Damn....he will probably vote for Hillary too at this rate....damn shame.

Husker C6 06-04-2016 04:46 PM

I think all the kids are voting for Bernie. Those Subaru's are pretty amazing cars. Just like Dad he loves speed just in a different way.

csf 06-04-2016 04:55 PM

If you are really upset redeem yourself and give him another $50k to let him get a Nissan GTR.

dbirdhouse1 06-04-2016 08:17 PM

I am touched......

and appreciate all the clever replies. although we DO own a Pious, er Prius as well and I am a Democrat but my (guilty) son is a successful IT, code writer for Amazon and is leaning Libertarian, "sigh"...just because he makes over twice what I make and has more brains up his a....I mean in his little finger than I have doesn't mean he should make the same mistakes I have......:rock:

Internets_Ninja 06-04-2016 08:56 PM

There is nothing wrong with an STI. I had one in between my C5 Z06 and C6 Z06. Loved that car. In fact if I ever buy a second car I want to get another subaru.

ProfessorDeath 06-04-2016 09:27 PM

Clearly you haven't been to a race track in a while. A properly modded and tuned STi will annihilate Corvettes all day long. They're a great platform.

NiteriderFRC 06-04-2016 09:55 PM

drive it, guarantee you'll want to swap rides with him here and there.

LifeInAVette 06-04-2016 10:00 PM

Because a CRX is a better starting point... Oh right, it was an si. Please...

Try being supportive of your son instead of ripping him online to a bunch of strangers.

billyboy47 06-04-2016 10:23 PM

My daughter just bought the WRX STI, don't feel bad. Besides, it really isn't a bad car due to reliability being better than our corvettes. And, you can drive them in the rain and snow with much better control. I say that because I know there are those here on the forum that drive their cars in the winter.:willy: