CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 General (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general-103/)
-   -   [Z06] Nitto invo on the track (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general/3859391-nitto-invo-on-the-track.html)

Bladed-Vaults 08-03-2016 10:10 PM

Nitto invo on the track

I've searched here a bit and all the stuff on the invo tires is about their street manners.
I'm going to go get a few base line pulls at the strip this weekend before I start going crazy so I can before and after the 1/4 mile times.

Has anyone had any luck with the invo I know own they aren't designed for drag but will they hook enough or can I kiss my 60 ft goodbye

pewter99 08-03-2016 10:14 PM

I run Nittos on my 07Z06 and I like them...haven't tracked them....I have the BFG G Force Rival S on my Supercharged 99..they are as close to a track tire for street use that you can get..so far really like them...they hook up well

MX621 08-04-2016 02:05 PM

I have personally seen nitto invos cut multiple high 1.6 60' times on a 440whp cam only ls2 c6 m6. A lot of that has to do with track prep and driver ability. Tire was a 285/35/19 I think. 20-22 psi air press. Moderate burnout

Bladed-Vaults 08-04-2016 02:28 PM

I might try 26lbs and see how they go.

It's been 3 years since I've launched a car on a drag strip I've spent my last few on tracked that have turns lol
So this is gonna be a relearning experience.
Glad to hear someone has at least managed a decent Lance with these.

They are fantastic street tires and it rains so much where I am they are a better choice over the 555 or nt05.

MX621 08-04-2016 02:33 PM

I have personally gone a best 60' of 1.72 on my nitto nt05's. Again track prep will dictate how well they will hold a hard clutch slip.

Bladed-Vaults 08-04-2016 02:43 PM

I've not personally been to this strip but I've heard it's well prepped.
The local vette guru recommend I skip the water box and just dust them off.

I have a 2 step in my car but it's wired to work with the nitrous system (retard timing) instead of pm the clutch for launching. And I don't have the part of the harness to set it up on the clutch :/ so it's old skool for me

zeevette 08-04-2016 03:01 PM

I have Invos, and they are a good street tire, especially for the price. However, they would be next to useless on a drag strip if you're modded, IMO. I don't race, but on any roll from less than 80, they will break loose when the tach hits about 4500 at my power level. I can't imagine launching from a dig on these tires, and I have 325s.

MX621 08-05-2016 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Bladed-Vaults (Post 1592775990)
I've not personally been to this strip but I've heard it's well prepped.
The local vette guru recommend I skip the water box and just dust them off.

I have a 2 step in my car but it's wired to work with the nitrous system (retard timing) instead of pm the clutch for launching. And I don't have the part of the harness to set it up on the clutch :/ so it's old skool for me

please don't do a dry burnout at the track past the water box. there is a lot of traction and a lil bit of wheel hop could mean death to your rear. drive around the water box and back into it so only rear tires get wet. pull out of the box with your rear tires wet then do a burnout till u see smoke.. that's my method and has worked well for street tires..

Bladed-Vaults 08-07-2016 03:12 PM

Well this was a very disappointing day lol. I yanked a best of 12.9 at 114
As you see my 60 ft time is absolutely horrid. And my reaction could use some work.
All of 1st gear was useless with the invo and I chirped 3rd AND 4TH gear shifts.

Ordering a set of nt05s and I'll go get some real times. Had a fantastic time there though even though I only pulled standard c5 times lololol
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...6e301cdf13.jpg

LS1 Goat 91 08-10-2016 07:24 PM

I was never impressed with the Invos I had on my GTO..