CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-forced-induction-nitrous-123/)
-   -   NANO Nitrogen Aisst. Questions.. (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-forced-induction-nitrous/3868016-nano-nitrogen-aisst-questions.html)

User Omega 08-22-2016 08:56 PM

NANO Nitrogen Aisst. Questions..

I have done some searching and have seen a boat load of opinions and bickering but nothing seems to be solid. :willy: I am really looking for actual users or tuners who have experience.

1: What happens when you run out of nitrous? Will nitrogen flow through your jets? Can that cause any issues?

2: I see that most guys at the track are running bottle heaters only. Is there a reason for that? The bottle racks with heat are just as expensive as the NANO from what I'm seeing..

3: Are people still having issues with getting the nitrogen tank filled?

4: Any other cons that I may need to be aware of when running this setup?

arc6 08-22-2016 09:35 PM

along for the ride man .. i searched on this topic for a month and ive seen first hand people have luck with it and people not have luck with it.. all depends on the amout you spray from what i see. i mainly run 1/8 so the pressure drop is not as bad as 1/4

silver408z 08-22-2016 11:44 PM

I ran a nano for awhile.

1. When my nitrous bottle was empty it ran like an empty. It ran like crap and was rich.

2. Most classes at the track do not let nitrous guys run systems like nano. Nano is a what is known as a pusher system. Try looking up classes and pusher systems.

3. I never filled my tank with nitrogen. Only used compressed air at the local paint ball shops.

4. Con - when the bottles get hot, the nitrous will not work. Something to do with pressure. I would put a bag of ice on the tanks, bring the pressure down or purge it off and it would work fine.

5. Nano kits require a 20% increase in fuel jet when tuning them. My car picked up 235 rwhp from a 200 jet. Part of the setup and part of the nano system.

User Omega 08-23-2016 03:58 AM

Good info silver408z.

I had planned on running a 250 shot direct port and never for more than 1/2 mile runs. My initial thought was to just run dual 10s or 15s heated and be done with it but I want to find out about all the options before committing. NANO seems to be something elusive when it comes to actual users and direct feedback.

User Omega 08-23-2016 08:31 PM

Cricket city on this stuff.

1SwtRide 08-23-2016 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by User Omega (Post 1592910782)
Cricket city on this stuff.

I have done some searching and have seen a boat load of opinions and bickering but nothing seems to be solid. :willy: I am really looking for actual users or tuners who have experience.

1: What happens when you run out of nitrous? Will nitrogen flow through your jets? Can that cause any issues?

You run out of nitrous. Compressed air may flow through but the rule of thumb that works is you refill the nano bottle with every nitrous bottle

2: I see that most guys at the track are running bottle heaters only. Is there a reason for that? The bottle racks with heat are just as expensive as the NANO from what I'm seeing..

Both accomplish the same goal - ensuring maximum nitrous pressure. Total spend in the long run likely depends on access to refill on nano bottles (gas costs and wear and tear of daily driver). I've found a refill place that is 10 mins from me that charges $20 a refill on a 3000 NANO tank.

Access to refill locations. I thought I was SOL, but found a paintball facility that refills both 3500 and 4500 HPA (high pressure air) tanks.

The team at NANO can correct me, but I believe they have substantially reduced their operations, including that they no longer sell the 4500 NANO tanks. I say this because of the discussions I've had with them and my search for 4500 bottles.

All that said, and with somewhat limited use, I've had good experience and would recommend if you have an excellent tuner and easy access to a refill. Best of luck!

[/QUOTE]

BoosTTed C6 08-23-2016 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by 1SwtRide (Post 1592911562)

Access to refill locations. I thought I was SOL, but Pumpkin Spice Latte drives my bottles to a local paintball facility that refills both 3500 and 4500 HPA (high pressure air) tanks.

Do you even race?

OP - 1sweatyride would know. Boost n bottle on board in his road rocket.

John - fixed the explanation for you.....

1SwtRide 08-23-2016 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by C6SC (Post 1592911663)
Do you even race?

OP - 1sweatyride would know. Boost n bottle on board in his road rocket.

John - fixed the explanation for you.....

HA! This guy...this guy knows! :rofl: And thank you for the correction. :hide:

User Omega 08-25-2016 04:28 PM

Thank you for the input. I'm going to call around and see how difficult it would be to get these tanks refilled.

lamboworld 08-25-2016 09:21 PM

Both accomplish the same goal - ensuring maximum nitrous pressure. Total spend in the long run likely depends on access to refill on nano bottles (gas costs and wear and tear of daily driver). I've found a refill place that is 10 mins from me that charges $20 a refill on a 3000 NANO tank.

Wow. My local paintball store will fill my bottle for $6

BoosTTed C6 08-26-2016 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by lamboworld (Post 1592925470)

I went on a run once with another mutual friend to fill the tank for 1swtride at the paint ball shop. I don't remember it being $20. I thought it was $10.

Either way, 1swtride would know about how it works and if it does work. It works. He has a Big build. Big blower. Big spray kit with Nano. Huge balls.

1SwtRide 08-26-2016 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by lamboworld (Post 1592925470)

You, my good man, need to share the info for those around you who may need to find a shop to fill. Spread the helpful info. As for cost, it is what it is. To the extent I need to fill frequently (and in truth, with my non-nitrous set up, I won't), I'm sure I can get the fill cost down to your price, if not lower.

I saw your thread in the C6 section, but couldn't tell if you have the 3000 or 4500 tank. If the latter, where the heck did you find it?! I'm in serious need of that. Oh, and I can't remember off hand, what's your nitrous output in terms of rwhp/rwtq? I think you're NA, so I'm curious how well the NANO system is working from your base-line to nitrous. Thanks.

1SwtRide 08-26-2016 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by User Omega (Post 1592923463)
Thank you for the input. I'm going to call around and see how difficult it would be to get these tanks refilled.

My pleasure - hope it was helpful. :cheers:

1SwtRide 08-26-2016 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by C6SC (Post 1592926948)
I went on a run once with another mutual friend to fill the tank for 1swtride at the paint ball shop. I don't remember it being $20. I thought it was $10.

Either way, 1swtride would know about how it works and if it does work. It works. He has a Big build. Big blower. Big spray kit with Nano. Huge balls.

Coming from a guy with two hairblowers large enough to cause the earth to reverse its rotation, I'll take that to the bank and retire to the beach :thumbs::rock::cheers:

lamboworld 08-26-2016 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by 1SwtRide (Post 1592932639)
You, my good man, need to share the info for those around you who may need to find a shop to fill. Spread the helpful info. As for cost, it is what it is. To the extent I need to fill frequently (and in truth, with my non-nitrous set up, I won't), I'm sure I can get the fill cost down to your price, if not lower.

I saw your thread in the C6 section, but couldn't tell if you have the 3000 or 4500 tank. If the latter, where the heck did you find it?! I'm in serious need of that. Oh, and I can't remember off hand, what's your nitrous output in terms of rwhp/rwtq? I think you're NA, so I'm curious how well the NANO system is working from your base-line to nitrous. Thanks.

I had my tank filled at Paintball Central in Charlotte. They don't even really know what it is so they just charged me double for their normal paint bottle fill.

I have a 3000 tank and I haven't even finished my install. I Installed all of the Nitrous, Purge and fuel lines myself and my EB is wiring, tuning and installing my clutch.

My last NA dyno was at 575 whp and I should be around 580 to 585whp NA with the addition of my NW102.

I plan to start with a 100 shot which will be 125 to the wheels with Nano, so I should be at 710whp or somewhere around there. Tq should be around 650.

My car will be finished next week but I have to break in my clutch for 500 miles to no nitrous for me for a few weeks.

User Omega 08-27-2016 01:29 AM

lamboworld please keep us up to date on how this goes. I'm following your build thread. Did you run a bigger fuel jet than the standard fuel chart suggests?

lamboworld 08-27-2016 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by User Omega (Post 1592933519)
lamboworld please keep us up to date on how this goes. I'm following your build thread. Did you run a bigger fuel jet than the standard fuel chart suggests?

I did not install any of the jets as I figured that I would let my tuner figure out which jets to use. Do most people run larger fuel jets? I am running MS109 in my standalone so it might be beneficial to run a larger jet.

Thoughts?

User Omega 08-27-2016 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by silver408z (Post 1592904720)
I ran a nano for awhile.

1. When my nitrous bottle was empty it ran like an empty. It ran like crap and was rich.

2. Most classes at the track do not let nitrous guys run systems like nano. Nano is a what is known as a pusher system. Try looking up classes and pusher systems.

3. I never filled my tank with nitrogen. Only used compressed air at the local paint ball shops.

4. Con - when the bottles get hot, the nitrous will not work. Something to do with pressure. I would put a bag of ice on the tanks, bring the pressure down or purge it off and it would work fine.

5. Nano kits require a 20% increase in fuel jet when tuning them. My car picked up 235 rwhp from a 200 jet. Part of the setup and part of the nano system.

Originally Posted by lamboworld (Post 1592933878)
I did not install any of the jets as I figured that I would let my tuner figure out which jets to use. Do most people run larger fuel jets? I am running MS109 in my standalone so it might be beneficial to run a larger jet.

Thoughts?

That is just what I read here. I am not sure if this is common or not. All these unknowns are sort of pushing me away from it. :willy:

lamboworld 08-27-2016 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by User Omega (Post 1592937216)
That is just what I read here. I am not sure if this is common or not. All these unknowns are sort of pushing me away from it. :willy:

Honestly, there is not much to it. All you really need to do is to have a full Nano tank and a full Nitrous tank and a tuner who knows how to tune it properly. It also helps to run a dedicated fuel tank, progressive controller and a timing retard when running nitrous.

FNBADAZ06 08-30-2016 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by User Omega (Post 1592903529)

I think there's a regulator in the NANO system that closes the valve when pressure drops to a specific psi, which coorelates to the pressure of an empty nitrous bottle....so no nitrogen would flow to the engine. IIRC :thumbs: