CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   new PS pump Problems! HELP! (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/3880253-new-ps-pump-problems-help.html)

Aguita 09-19-2016 09:37 PM

new PS pump Problems! HELP!

Solved

cclive 09-19-2016 10:09 PM

Was the fluid level correct? It sounds to me like it is low and when it spins faster, it is sucking air. I don't think the air pressure is something to worry about. To bleed air out of the system, just leave the car idling and turn the wheel slowly from one end to the other a few times. Re-check level after. Note the FULL COLD and FULL HOT marks on the dip. The fluid is essentially ATF so it expands when hot.:thumbs:

Aguita 09-19-2016 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by cclive (Post 1593092687)
Was the fluid level correct? It sounds to me like it is low and when it spins faster, it is sucking air.:thumbs:

thanks for the reply, yes I checked the fluid cold and is at the full mark, need to check hot..

I also noticed that oil is being puked outside reservoir..

cclive 09-19-2016 10:18 PM

I don't get how it is puking oil but is also holding air pressure. It seems like it should either hold pressure air and oil, or release pressure air and oil.??:lurk:

Aguita 09-19-2016 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by cclive (Post 1593092749)
I don't get how it is puking oil but is also holding air pressure. It seems like it should either hold pressure air and oil, or release pressure air and oil.??:lurk:

I cleaned the reservoir, after driving for a while i noticed that is leaking to the outside to my understanding because of the pressure being build is forcing oil out of the reservoir!?!

cclive 09-19-2016 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Aguita (Post 1593092767)
I cleaned the reservoir, after driving for a while i noticed that is leaking to the outside to my understanding because of the pressure being build is forcing oil out of the reservoir!?!

Interesting....lets wait for others to chime in...I'm at a loss....:thumbs:

HK770 09-19-2016 10:28 PM

Fill reservoir to full cold line with cap off, lift front tires and turn wheel lock to lock till you don't have to add fluid. As fluid gets hotter it will expand as....cclive stated

Aguita 09-19-2016 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by HK770 (Post 1593092828)
Fill reservoir to full cold line with cap off, lift front tires and turn wheel lock to lock till you don't have to add fluid. As fluid gets hotter it will expand as....cclive stated

thanks, i checked reservoir while cold and was at full cold mark, i will do that again tommorow to see!

duramaxsky 09-19-2016 11:41 PM

GM sells an adapter for the Mityvac. It goes in place of the cap. You pull a vacuum and wait a while. It will remove the air. The best way on modern vehicles. The only way when they also have hydro boost brakes. I think Mityvac makes the adapters to. Mine is the Kent Moore GM tool. :cheers: