CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c3-parts-for-sale-wanted-57/)
-   -   WTB 68 corvette jack (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c3-parts-for-sale-wanted/3883607-wtb-68-corvette-jack.html)

Bandit54 09-27-2016 05:29 PM

WTB 68 corvette jack

I wasn't fast enough on the listing for a 68 Corvette jack so I will see if another forum member might have a jack for a 68 Corvette for sale. I could also use a storage compartment basket.

grantstigers 09-27-2016 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Bandit54 (Post 1593141815)
I wasn't fast enough on the listing for a 68 Corvette jack so I will see if another forum member might have a jack for a 68 Corvette for sale. I could also use a storage compartment basket.

What month and what is your budget on the jack

That jack John got was a deal of deal
they usually go for 3 times that amount

The correct storage compartments for 68 are extremely expensive.
Grant

Bandit54 09-27-2016 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by grantstigers (Post 1593143009)
What month and what is your budget on the jack

That jack John got was a deal of deal
they usually go for 3 times that amount

The correct storage compartments for 68 are extremely expensive.
Grant

My car was assembled on February 26, 1968. My budget won't go the $500. plus that a new jack is worth. I'm looking something about half that. I missed a couple for under $200. that were good buys and real good quality. there is a lot of junk out there for around with crazy prices.

grantstigers 09-29-2016 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by Bandit54 (Post 1593143390)
My car was assembled on February 26, 1968. My budget won't go the $500. plus that a new jack is worth. I'm looking something about half that. I missed a couple for under $200. that were good buys and real good quality. there is a lot of junk out there for around with crazy prices.

Well found a nice original jack in my stash dated 68 A
I usually get about 550.00 for them shipped. Not sure if you are interested 495.00 shipped
You won't find a repop dated and they don't work.

If you need complete headlight assemblies they are also a 68 only item if you are planning to restore your car back to original
1200.00 for left and right side
I paid 1000.00 10 years ago for a proper set. Getting hard to find

if you want pieces that need repair I have a few odds and ends
that maybe the route you want to go.
Thanks, Grant

Bandit54 09-29-2016 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by grantstigers (Post 1593151644)
Well found a nice original jack in my stash dated 68 A
I usually get about 550.00 for them shipped. Not sure if you are interested 495.00 shipped
You won't find a repop dated and they don't work.

If you need complete headlight assemblies they are also a 68 only item if you are planning to restore your car back to original
1200.00 for left and right side
I paid 1000.00 10 years ago for a proper set. Getting hard to find

if you want pieces that need repair I have a few odds and ends
that maybe the route you want to go.
Thanks, Grant

I appreciate the offer on the jack my budget is about half that the jack is for show only you don't want to use it it weak and with the small base it just a disaster waiting to happen.

On the headlight assemblies I'm only looking for the bezels.
Thanks

AJC 69 BB 09-30-2016 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Bandit54 (Post 1593152356)
I appreciate the offer on the jack my budget is about half that the jack is for show only you don't want to use it it weak and with the small base it just a disaster waiting to happen.

On the headlight assemblies I'm only looking for the bezels.
Thanks

Not trying to ruffle any feathers here with this post! When you say you are only going to use the jack for shows. Are talking NCRS shows or show and shine car shows? If you are only wanting a jack for the show and shine shows why not get a repro jack that would be under your budget. But from what I see Grant has offered you the parts that you are looking at very fair prices. If your not going the NCRS route why spend unnecessary money. :thumbs:

Bandit54 09-30-2016 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by AJC 69 BB (Post 1593164142)
Not trying to ruffle any feathers here with this post! When you say you are only going to use the jack for shows. Are talking NCRS shows or show and shine car shows? If you are only wanting a jack for the show and shine shows why not get a repro jack that would be under your budget. But from what I see Grant has offered you the parts that you are looking at very fair prices. If your not going the NCRS route why spend unnecessary money. :thumbs:

No problem I understand what your saying, my position on using the jack is that I would not use any corvette jack that was produced for a 68 corvette because of the design, small base and structural design. I prefer OE parts anytime over repro parts.

AJC 69 BB 09-30-2016 09:27 PM

:

Originally Posted by Bandit54 (Post 1593164228)
No problem I understand what your saying, my position on using the jack is that I would not use any corvette jack that was produced for a 68 corvette because of the design, small base and structural design. I prefer OE parts anytime over repro parts.

Bandit I agree with you about not using it to lift the car. I would not use it either. You can always buy a new GM original Jack with the wider base and use that for show instead of a the repro. Of course it would not have a date. I don't know if I missed it in one of your earlier postings. But what are aiming for with this car? Are you going for NCRS judging with this car?

Bandit54 09-30-2016 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by AJC 69 BB (Post 1593164687)
:

Bandit I agree with you about not using it to lift the car. I would not use it either. You can always buy a new GM original Jack with the wider base and use that for show instead of a the repro. Of course it would not have a date. I don't know if I missed it in one of your earlier postings. But what are aiming for with this car? Are you going for NCRS judging with this car?

I'm not 100% sure, but everything that I'm doing to the car is in that direction. I look for better more correct parts to replace existing OEM parts or if repro replace with OEM. The car is a 427/435 with tank sticker, I'm doing a ground up stripped down to bare frame,it just a hobby I'm retired so lots of time to play around.

ed427vette 09-30-2016 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by AJC 69 BB (Post 1593164687)
:

I've seen the repros with dates. Corvette Central has one on eBay right now with a date for $200. Stamping a correct looking date on a undated jack is not a big deal to do.

grantstigers 09-30-2016 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Bandit54 (Post 1593164827)
I'm not 100% sure, but everything that I'm doing to the car is in that direction. I look for better more correct parts to replace existing OEM parts or if repro replace with OEM. The car is a 427/435 with tank sticker, I'm doing a ground up stripped down to bare frame,it just a hobby I'm retired so lots of time to play around.

Now I understand what you are doing. Basically I have helped many owners from L88's to your base motors 350 in restoration of their cars. Going the NCRS route with correct assembled parts will get you more value than finding repop parts putting them on and then find out you have to find an original. You are spending money again. Top flighting your car if that is the way to go will have to spend the money on good original parts and do it once and not twice.
I had a 69 435 hp coupe 25 years ago. At that time what did I know. nothing. I bought some NOS parts and some repop. I ended up selling all my repop parts and found NOS originals. I collected 12x in tri power parts to rubber door mouldings and the list goes on. But again NOS 70's parts is better than NOS 80's parts. Clear example is the tri power foam. You may think the foam is the same??? but it isn't. Maybe I am anal but getting the right stuff and having your car judged with very few points deducted is a blessing. You car will only be worth more at the end. 435hp car and with tank sticker!!! only money in the bank for you, Let me judge your car and I am a nuts and bolts guy, I had the Opportunity to Judge 6 68/69 L88's in Rhode island, I also had the pleasure of judging a 69 390 HP that was going for Bowtie
I can go on and on and on ie half shafts done right and not the current Quanta style, the correct zinc phosphate for all your nuts and bolts

Anyways do it once and not twice. Been there and done it.
Hope this helps, make sure the headlight bezel is the same part number as I listed above...here's another, Do you have the correct headlight doors?? not the same as 69 and how about the silver grills

Thanks Grant
BCCNCRS
Judging Chairman

Bandit54 10-01-2016 07:49 AM

Thanks, Grant for the feedback I will respond in a PM so that we don't tie up the for sale/ wanted forum

grantstigers 10-01-2016 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Bandit54 (Post 1593166127)
Thanks, Grant for the feedback I will respond in a PM so that we don't tie up the for sale/ wanted forum

send me an email to

grantwong@telus.net

I will help you as much as I can
Thanks, Grant

Bandit54 10-04-2016 03:58 PM

Still looking

Bandit54 10-09-2016 05:22 PM

Ttt