CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Scan & Tune (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-scan-and-tune-124/)
-   -   best tuner module for C6 (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-scan-and-tune/3888028-best-tuner-module-for-c6.html)

bdw9862 10-07-2016 01:21 PM

best tuner module for C6

Good afternoon, I am a new member and new to corvettes. I have always wanted one and finally purchased a 2005 Corvette with 4200 miles on it. I would like to add a CAI, headers and exhaust over the winter and would like to add a tuner module for the mods. I assume there are a number of good add on tuners with a canned map to handle these bolt on mods (nothing new I assume). I am coming from the Harley Davidson world and have installed tuners, canned and custom maps, cams, intake, exhaust etc... so am familiar with the idea. I have done extensive searches on this forum and others. I am sure this has been discussed to death but some advice would be appreciated.

I don't intend to crack the motor for a number of miles and years.

I am thinking Kooks long headers, Corsa exhaust with cats, not sure on CAI yet.

Thanks.

Dcasole 10-07-2016 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by bdw9862 (Post 1593206153)
Good afternoon, I am a new member and new to corvettes. I have always wanted one and finally purchased a 2005 Corvette with 4200 miles on it. I would like to add a CAI, headers and exhaust over the winter and would like to add a tuner module for the mods. I assume there are a number of good add on tuners with a canned map to handle these bolt on mods (nothing new I assume). I am coming from the Harley Davidson world and have installed tuners, canned and custom maps, cams, intake, exhaust etc... so am familiar with the idea. I have done extensive searches on this forum and others. I am sure this has been discussed to death but some advice would be appreciated.

I don't intend to crack the motor for a number of miles and years.

I am thinking Kooks long headers, Corsa exhaust with cats, not sure on CAI yet.

Thanks.

I did the same mods on my LS3 , I used a Diablo Intune to load a custom tune from Diablo Lew

Not as good as a DYNO but the boards are full of dyno results with these mods posted at 40 HP

I loaded the 93 Octane canned tune first ( we have plenty of 93 Octane ) , made the mods and then drove the car 100 miles to let the tune settle in , then Lew asks that you email him a steady state 2,400 RPM data log . he modifies the tune , turns off the rear O2 sensors and if you have an AUTO he sends a custom Trans tune that you can chose to load or not load . after a 100 more miles he asks for a WIDE OPEN throttle log . you load the new tune and then it is unlimited tunes to fine tune for I think up to a year

I am very happy with it because
1- I can always put my OEM stuff back on and load my OEM tune myself ,
2- I can modify many parameters myself using the INTUNE
3- Read and clear Codes
4- Change parameters in the TCM module , just turning Torque Management off in my A6 feels like I gained 50 HP in 1st and 2nd ....
5- While not as good , it is much cheaper than HP Tuners Suite

Plus Lew is GREAT to deal with and answered my thousands of questions

Dave

tblu92 10-08-2016 12:37 AM

If you do simple bolts on like a cat back exh or a CAI or a ported T-Body typically your stock tune will be oK Bit you need to drive your car for about 75 to 100 miles in order for your fuel trims to "learn out" Don't expect any gains until the learning process is over--
Now when it comes to LT headers or a cam you would absolutely need need a tune from a pro---someone who has HP or EFILIVE---as your fueling and timing will be all over the place and the ECM cannot learn out enough to compensate for these mods----
A mail order tune with major mods is at best their best guess and may take several re tunes to get it spot on---Ok for some amd not for others----A on location tune is a one time thing and they can correct all the timing and fueling issues the 1st time--but you pay almost double----Worth it ?? yes to some and not for others

BlindSpot 10-10-2016 11:02 AM

I tried Diablosport for a while then sold it to move to HPT. I wouldn't brag about Diablosport as tuning device or a scan tool for that matter. Scan only does what any $15 scan tool will and canned tunes ok for a beginner with no mods.

449er 11-06-2016 08:21 AM

Just an FYI to the OP, if you go with the Kooks headers, you have to use their X pipe also, they sell the X pipe with or without cats

Carebears 07-06-2019 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Dcasole (Post 1593207374)
I did the same mods on my LS3 , I used a Diablo Intune to load a custom tune from Diablo Lew

Not as good as a DYNO but the boards are full of dyno results with these mods posted at 40 HP

I loaded the 93 Octane canned tune first ( we have plenty of 93 Octane ) , made the mods and then drove the car 100 miles to let the tune settle in , then Lew asks that you email him a steady state 2,400 RPM data log . he modifies the tune , turns off the rear O2 sensors and if you have an AUTO he sends a custom Trans tune that you can chose to load or not load . after a 100 more miles he asks for a WIDE OPEN throttle log . you load the new tune and then it is unlimited tunes to fine tune for I think up to a year

I am very happy with it because
1- I can always put my OEM stuff back on and load my OEM tune myself ,
2- I can modify many parameters myself using the INTUNE
3- Read and clear Codes
4- Change parameters in the TCM module , just turning Torque Management off in my A6 feels like I gained 50 HP in 1st and 2nd ....
5- While not as good , it is much cheaper than HP Tuners Suite

Plus Lew is GREAT to deal with and answered my thousands of questions

Dave

Who is lew?

Dcasole 07-06-2019 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Carebears (Post 1599707748)
Who is lew?

Diablo LEW is a tuner who uses CMR and Diablo tools , you data log your car , send him the files and he send you a custom tune. one of the best

https://www.diablewtune.com

Dave

06MonteSS 07-11-2019 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Carebears (Post 1599707748)
Who is lew?

That would be me... www.diablewtune.com

Please send me an email at -- diablo DOT help AT gmail DOT com -- with the year, model, engine of your GM vehicle, any mods done to it, what octane gas you use, etc.. and I can send you a loooong email with info about the programmers, the custom tuning, the process, etc.

Thanks!
-Lew