CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   C7 recalls (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3896309-c7-recalls.html)

mtaxman 10-26-2016 09:34 AM

C7 recalls

sitting in my dealer waiting room while they reprogram the airbag and seat belt item and the service tech tells me there is a new campaign on the vented seats. Getting both done now.

What is the vented seat issue?

I also see the cooler temps have now brought my cold tire pressure down about 3 lbs to 32. Having them add some air per base 2016 spec.

dvilin 10-26-2016 09:56 AM

The Service Tech is the person to ask, since you are right there and he is going to do the work.

HDLARRY 10-26-2016 10:12 AM

If I remember correctly the vented seat issue had something to do with them not working when the car is started remotely. Software update fixes this.

fredmills 10-26-2016 10:51 AM

You trust the tech to add the right amount of air. LOL

fredmills 10-26-2016 10:52 AM

You trust the tech to add the right amount of air. LOL.

kabluie 10-26-2016 10:59 AM

A friend of mine with a '16 C7 had a recall that had to do with the front brake rotor. I have not seen nor heard of this yet, but I'm waiting. Apparently they were not torqued correctly.

Foosh 10-26-2016 11:14 AM

Folks are talking about two different things here. Recalls and Technical Service Bulletins (TSB), also known as "campaigns," are two different things.

Recalls are for safety reasons, and a car cannot be re-sold without being completed. TSBs are optional for customers reporting issues, and are often issued when widespread non-safety related issues are substantiated.

There was a TSB for brake rotors, but it was for 14 Z51 models which came w/ 2-piece rotors. I haven't heard of any subsequent campaigns for brake rotors.

Mr. Jones 10-26-2016 11:35 AM

The seat cooling/heating correction is for remote start.
The seats would not heat(if left on when car was shutdown) when the car was remote started.
Some issues with this software fix are:
You may have to reset your passive door lock settings (look in menu, vehicle, passive lock settings).
The drive mod and dash display settings may be different then before the upgrade.
Don't remember the path
ex. set: display linked to driver mod.

mtaxman 10-26-2016 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by fredmills (Post 1593333358)

Not that funny and no big deal; I can check when I get home...some variation between each corner but no harm having the dealer do it. I'll wait until they cool down and tweak..

The seat TSB is this I believe....I had not read about it here:

TSB Number:
SB-37030
NHTSA Number:
TSB Date:
April 21, 2016
Date Added to File:
August 17, 2016
Failing Component:
Seats:Front Assembly:Seat Heater/Cooler

springer- 10-26-2016 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Foosh (Post 1593333526)
There was a TSB for brake rotors, but it was for 14 Z51 models which came w/ 2-piece rotors. I haven't heard of any subsequent campaigns for brake rotors.

Actually I believe the TSB is for all C7 Z51's with 2 piece rotor (2014-2016). It states to check them for runout. It's commonly reported as pulsing in the brake pedal. If there is pulsing and the runout is out of spec then to replace them with the newer 1 piece design. It is noted that it is typically on the front rotors however they are to check the rears as well.

When I got it done (because of pulsing) they only replaced the front as the rears checked out fine. It resolved the issue.

Duntov7 10-27-2016 01:36 PM

Info: Today received mail advice ("OWNER NOTICE" from GM Canada) called "Special Coverage Program 16009".

Basically making 'awareness' that some 2014 Corvettes may have a condition where a fuel odour is detected, fuel droplets appear below the left-hand fuel tank (driver side) with fuel gauge level above 1/2, or a malfunction indicator lamp illuminates due to a leak path in the driver side fuel tank at the Inlet Check Valve (ICV) to fuel tank shell interface".

Goes on to state ...."Do not take your vehicle to your GM dealer as a result of this letter unless you believe your vehicle has the condition as described above".

More details written....yada, yada.

Foosh 10-27-2016 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by springer- (Post 1593333892)
Actually I believe the TSB is for all C7 Z51's with 2 piece rotor (2014-2016). It states to check them for runout. It's commonly reported as pulsing in the brake pedal. If there is pulsing and the runout is out of spec then to replace them with the newer 1 piece design. It is noted that it is typically on the front rotors however they are to check the rears as well.

When I got it done (because of pulsing) they only replaced the front as the rears checked out fine. It resolved the issue.

Thanks, for some reason, I was under the impression that they changed the Z51s to a one-piece rotor in the 15MY onward.

My '14 still has the 2-piece rotors, and they are smooth as silk.

PUGPROUD 10-27-2016 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by fredmills (Post 1593333358)

Almost all dealerships over inflate tires significantly on purpose. Because most buyers rarely check tire pressure dealers consider it a safety issue to counteract lost pressure over time. Vette owners and owners of high performance cars are the exception but every dealer I know still does it. Last weekend when I was recalibrating my pressure the 35 year old guy next to me in a Sentra was eyeballing his four tires to get even pressure. I took the time to lend him my gauge and show him where he finds the correct pressure for his car on his car. Hard to believe that nobody ever showed him before but he is likely typical not the exception amongst general public.