CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Scan & Tune (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-scan-and-tune-124/)
-   -   Tune Question, please educate me (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-scan-and-tune/3926390-tune-question-please-educate-me.html)

mfquinn 01-05-2017 08:51 PM

Tune Question, please educate me

I had a TS stage 3 cam installed and a tune done. For the most part I am satisfied with the ride quality but need help with the following

about every third time I engage the clutch as I'm coming to a stop light I get an RPM surge to about 1400 then it drops back to idle which is at about 850. Is this to be expected?

every once in awhile at idle it will drop down to about 500 and feel as if it almost wants to shut off. Is this to be expected?

thank you for your time and help

schpenxel 01-06-2017 12:33 PM

No, shouldn't be like that IMO. Probably needs some work on min airflow and/or some of the idle adapt spark tables

scottg 05-23-2017 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by mfquinn (Post 1593803434)
I had a TS stage 3 cam installed and a tune done. For the most part I am satisfied with the ride quality but need help with the following

about every third time I engage the clutch as I'm coming to a stop light I get an RPM surge to about 1400 then it drops back to idle which is at about 850. Is this to be expected?

every once in awhile at idle it will drop down to about 500 and feel as if it almost wants to shut off. Is this to be expected?

thank you for your time and help

Have the same problem only mine will drop down to 200 rpm. All happened after cam was installed. Almost impossible to back up on a incline without it wanting to kill when you let out the clutch. Did you fix the problem ? If so what caused it. Thanks

schpenxel 05-23-2017 10:30 AM

Min airflow.

scottg 05-23-2017 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by schpenxel (Post 1594797943)
Min airflow.

Thanks buddy
Tuner has tryed 3 times because I complained about it. Mine is 2008 base model. Would I benefit with a zr1 wide band sensor vs the stock one on the car? I think you have seen my mod changes to my engine. Just not as crazy as Sammy:rofl:

schpenxel 05-23-2017 07:59 PM

Zr1 doesn't have a wideband o2 sensor. I wish they did

There also some max throttle opening at idle settings that sometimes get set too low. If that's too low then min airflow won't be able to go above whatever that value is, I've seen that happen

scottg 05-23-2017 08:08 PM

Thanks schpenxel
It also goes down to 200 rpms when i'am going 60mph and put the clutch in and brake the car not hard and it will go down to 200 and then like it catches itself and goes back up to 850 rpms.

schpenxel 05-23-2017 09:40 PM

Yeah that's classic min airflow issue IMO. Think of it as a throttle set screw on a carb, if you're familiar with those. That's about the best comparison I have