CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Corvette Owner Busted by GoPro for Insurance Fraud (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3943857-corvette-owner-busted-by-gopro-for-insurance-fraud.html)

Corvette Forum Editor 02-13-2017 03:06 PM

Corvette Owner Busted by GoPro for Insurance Fraud

https://www.corvetteforum.com/wp-con...-Accident-.jpg

Don’t get caught on the racetrack without proper insurance coverage. Because the fraud police are watching.

Read the rest on the Corvette Forum homepage. >>

thill444 02-13-2017 03:16 PM

Idiot.. Track insurance is not that much when you drive $50K+ cars at the track.. I am glad they caught him. It's people like him that drive up insurance costs.

Mike Jesse 02-13-2017 03:22 PM

Rolling through the water box and nailing the throttle.........what could possibly happen!:ack:

Millenium Z06 02-13-2017 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Mike Jesse (Post 1594085445)
Rolling through the water box and nailing the throttle.........what could possibly happen!:ack:

Where did you see water? This was street car takeover, no water boxes.

Mike Jesse 02-13-2017 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Millenium Z06 (Post 1594085651)
Where did you see water? This was street car takeover, no water boxes.

Ok, no water. I can see he was clearly out of the normal groove on that lane.

Maybe a trip to Ron Fellows would help.

VictorBarron 02-13-2017 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Mike Jesse (Post 1594085722)
Ok, no water. I can see he was clearly out of the normal groove on that lane.

Maybe a trip to Ron Fellows would help.

TOOOOO LATE

:rofl:

FASTFATBOY 02-13-2017 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by thill444 (Post 1594085402)
Idiot.. Track insurance is not that much when you drive $50K+ cars at the track.. I am glad they caught him. It's people like him that drive up insurance costs.

To my knowledge no company sells track insurance for "racing" or "timed events" at a drag strip.

HPDE events on a road course yes, otherwise no.

Maxie2U 02-13-2017 04:13 PM

Never gave it a thought that standard car insurance excludes track day stuff. That's a duh!

thill444 02-13-2017 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by FASTFATBOY (Post 1594085771)
To my knowledge no company sells track insurance for "racing" or "timed events" at a drag strip.

HPDE events on a road course yes, otherwise no.

Fair point, I have only gotten it for track days, not for drag racing (not much of a drag racer). I see some options out there via Google, but it might be for dedicated drag cars, can't tell.

At any rate no excuse to committing insurance fraud. Pay to play as they say :)

Marcho Polo 02-13-2017 04:26 PM

This accident was discussed on the forum back when it happened. Those that were there said the crash was a result of poor track cleanup after someone spilled fluids on the track just before this race. He is stupid for filing the false insurance claim but the crash was due to a wet track outside the start area.

veloz 02-13-2017 04:28 PM

uhuh

well i hate it that for the owner BUT,. thats drag racing 101 - no traction get off the gas...not grab another gear.....spinning when shifting gear, then flooring it thinking he could save it:willy:...not a good idea......just look at all those mustang videos..thats what they do...they start spinning then they shift a gear and gun it....maybe it will drift a little....:ack:

besides was he on drag radials or street tires....another mistake

Diesel88 02-13-2017 04:30 PM

Maybe next time he crashes a very expensive car and puts in an insurance claim knowing he has to lie to get it covered he will think twice about posting any videos anywhere of it. Same reason so many people get caught now a days. They do stupid crap, video tape it then post it on you tube. Don't cry when you get caught because you were the jackass who posted whatever it was.

Gxpz06 02-13-2017 05:14 PM

Wtv what's the point of insuring a car if you can't race it and have a bad day ;;; insurance sucks as far as I know you can't pay enough money to get insurance at drag strip !!! If it happen to me I would tell the truth and insist they pay for it *** don't think the guy really deserves since he had to white lie to get what he pays for and in turn has to pay and pay even more

My 2 cents

FASTFATBOY 02-13-2017 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Gxpz06 (Post 1594086303)
Wtv what's the point of insuring a car if you can't race it and have a bad day ;;; insurance sucks as far as I know you can't pay enough money to get insurance at drag strip !!! If it happen to me I would tell the truth and insist they pay for it *** don't think the guy really deserves since he had to white lie to get what he pays for and in turn has to pay and pay even more

My 2 cents

LOL, now that's funny.:ack:

About 5% of all insureds read their policies(home or auto), you may want to dig it out and read the "exclusions" page on both.

Gxpz06 02-13-2017 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by FASTFATBOY (Post 1594086403)
LOL, now that's funny.:ack:

About 5% of all insureds read their policies(home or auto), you may want to dig it out and read the "exclusions" page on both.

Didn't say I would win lol I would bitch and complain!!! Insurance just sucks unless you get small hit from another car and be a good unethical faker of neck injury :ack:

I spoke to my insurance company about it couple years ago when started drag racing and they told the "most likely not" cover it and I asked to extra to cover and they said they dont have any,. at this point my chassis is worth 10k or so (mayve 20k if count the cage) and if something is to happen I am perpared to pay the piper., but my point is that I would tell the truth and claim IT.... for the last 2 years I have been paying insurance for a car that doesnt see much of street just drag strips,... so Im not being unreasonable ... BUT I never WAnt to have to fight and find out EVEN if I wont the claim....

my 5 cents :D

rmorin1249 02-13-2017 05:55 PM

Shame on him. I don't know of any standard auto insurance policy that covers racing, legal or illegal. Buy it at the track.

Gxpz06 02-13-2017 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by rmorin1249 (Post 1594086649)
Shame on him. I don't know of any standard auto insurance policy that covers racing, legal or illegal. Buy it at the track.

theres insurance you can by at drag strips??

village idiot 02-13-2017 06:00 PM

Man, that was a terrifying wreck to watch. No saving that. Was it a high hp car that chirped the tires between shifts or something?

One of the many reasons I prefer road racing to drag racing. Way less chance of hitting a wall.

lakemg 02-13-2017 06:12 PM

He's lucky that he only crunched his car...had he been in the left lane and spun to the right, he could have possibly taken out another car along with him...scary when you think about it...

themonk 02-13-2017 06:42 PM

I hope he's a member in here so he can read my post laughing at his dumb ass, not because he's racing but because he's so f'kn stupid that while committing a crime he actually posted it on Youtube, complete moron and I'm so happy that his car is totaled.

It's idiots like him through fraudulent claims that make the rest of our rates go up.....jackass.