CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Autocrossing & Roadracing (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/autocrossing-and-roadracing-23/)
-   -   LG GT2 coilover tuning question... (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/autocrossing-and-roadracing/3945731-lg-gt2-coilover-tuning-question.html)

Vettelover1990 02-17-2017 01:43 PM

LG GT2 coilover tuning question...

Good afternoon guys, installed my GT2s in a while ago and so far loving them. I just want to dial them in a bit more. Mostly street application but I'm throwing my drag radials on there and want them to be as stiff and as low as safely possible. So for the experts...

For the front:

I know the spring should not be able to wobble if the suspension has no load on it. I called LG to confirm this and they said as long as the spring has at least 1 thread of compression on it I should be good. Problem is I honestly don't like the massive 2 inch gap between the tire and the fender.

How do you correctly lower the front? and adjust stiffness?

For the rear:

I know there are 12 settings. I assume turning the knob all the way to the left is 1 and to the right is 12 is that correct?

Thank you for any input.

RichieRichZ06 02-17-2017 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Vettelover1990 (Post 1594114920)
Good afternoon guys, installed my GT2s in a while ago and so far loving them. I just want to dial them in a bit more. Mostly street application but I'm throwing my drag radials on there and want them to be as stiff and as low as safely possible. So for the experts...

For the front:

I know the spring should not be able to wobble if the suspension has no load on it. I called LG to confirm this and they said as long as the spring has at least 1 thread of compression on it I should be good. Problem is I honestly don't like the massive 2 inch gap between the tire and the fender.

How do you correctly lower the front? and adjust stiffness?

For the rear:

I know there are 12 settings. I assume turning the knob all the way to the left is 1 and to the right is 12 is that correct?

Thank you for any input.

The ride height is adjustable independently of the spring pre-load on the GT2's. You can thread the shock body (bottom portion of the shock) farther into the lower threaded cup to lower the car. Once you get the ride height set where you want it, you'll have to adjust the pre-load on the spring using the collar. I find it's best to just be able to turn the spring when the suspension is in droop.

Regarding the adjustments to shocks, right (clockwise) will stiffen the shock and counter clockwise will soften it. I usually start with the rear 2 clicks stiffer than the front and adjust from there.

For drag racing I always set the rear close to full firm and the front close to full soft so it would allow the car to transfer weight and plant the rear tires.