CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C8 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c8-general-discussion-175/)
-   -   A couple of recent pics taken today (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c8-general-discussion/3950976-a-couple-of-recent-pics-taken-today.html)

BLKTA 02-27-2017 11:00 PM

A couple of recent pics taken today

2 Attachment(s)
I found these on FB. They were taken today in Yuma, AZ. Unfortunately not a lot of information other than they were taken in a hotel parking lot. For those in the area, keep an eye out.

bigblock427 02-28-2017 07:08 AM

:cool:

Release the hounds!

yozi 02-28-2017 04:49 PM

Photos

Looks like ZR1 s, wing is going to be bigger than the ZL1 1LE it looks? Not sure im into wing cars, lets face it, even for us track guys are we really trying to put down a lap record at the ring :D

Steve Garrett 02-28-2017 10:24 PM

Yep....HUGE wing. But no one knows if this will be the final wing.

Garret 03-01-2017 12:34 PM

Now go get some daytime pictures of them uncovered... :)

LoganExplosion 03-01-2017 01:05 PM

so recent!

Vernon 03-03-2017 12:00 AM

Yuma testing facility?

thegame 03-03-2017 10:39 AM

That is awesome a car that you can drive and a pull up bar on the back! Fun and fitness!

Movie Muscle 03-04-2017 02:30 AM

Could have looked underneath....lol

bizaro 03-04-2017 08:42 AM

why would anyone take a pic like that and NOT hang around to see the covers come off in the morning knowing the pics would go viral in a heartbeat?
:toetap:

2019 ZR1 03-04-2017 12:13 PM

He said a large enclosed truck picked them up. They didn't take the covers off. They just pushed them into the truck...

Chicago1 03-05-2017 01:58 PM

^^^ So they were unlocked and in neutral and that person got that close and didn't look under? No One was around to chase him off. hmmmmmmm i dont know man

BLKTA 03-05-2017 05:26 PM

^^^ There was security present who immediately saw him take the pics and told him to leave.

Z06Shark 03-05-2017 05:44 PM

someone needs to Camp out there ... just saying

jimmyb 03-06-2017 03:35 PM

^^^^
Ummm....too late. The pictures were taken at a minimum 8 days ago. Those cars are long gone.

Originally Posted by BLKTA (Post 1594232738)
^^^ There was security present who immediately saw him take the pics and told him to leave.

Public parking lot...
"Security" (assuming it wasn't the hotel's ace security staff...) has ZERO authority there. Unless the photographer actually touches the cars/covers, the cars are in public, and therefore, public domain. Don't won't them photographed? Keep 'em at Milford.

JoesC5 03-06-2017 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Vernon (Post 1594213335)
Yuma testing facility?

Yes...and for quite awhile .....

http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/gm/n...ingGround.html

Also notice that the car on the far side is a convertible and without a tall wing.

I think that puts a damper on the idea that the camo'd cars are some exclusive super-duper track car like an ACR.

There is another photo around that shows a convertible with the front end changes but with a very low wing.

I'm still of the impression that we are seeing 2018 Z06's with a new front fascia and with various aero packages(ie; base, stage 2, Z07, etc).

I'm pretty sure that this was a staged "spy shot" opportunity by GM's marketing as there is no reason for the two cars to leave the test faculty and driven to a motel to be left out overnight. Plenty of regular cars at the test facility for "engineers" to drive back and forth to a motel. The kicker is that the "engineers" did not get into the cars the next morning and drive them back to the test facility, but that a large transporter came and picked them up at the motel, and I bet that's how they got to the motel in the first place.

Paulchristian 03-06-2017 06:19 PM

Seriously, should have taken one of the team and pulled those damn tarps off!

Vernon 03-07-2017 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by JoesC5 (Post 1594239625)

Also notice that the car on the far side is a convertible and without a tall wing.

I think that puts a damper on the idea that the camo'd cars are some exclusive super-duper track car like an ACR.

There is another photo around that shows a convertible with the front end changes but with a very low wing.

I'm still of the impression that we are seeing 2018 Z06's with a new front fascia and with various aero packages(ie; base, stage 2, Z07, etc).

I'm pretty sure that this was a staged "spy shot" opportunity by GM's marketing as there is no reason for the two cars to leave the test faculty and driven to a motel to be left out overnight. Plenty of regular cars at the test facility for "engineers" to drive back and forth to a motel. The kicker is that the "engineers" did not get into the cars the next morning and drive them back to the test facility, but that a large transporter came and picked them up at the motel, and I bet that's how they got to the motel in the first place.

I agree with you, JoesC5. Likely marketing tactics to keep the rumblings alive.

Chicago1 03-07-2017 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by JoesC5 (Post 1594239625)

Thats what I was thinking see my post above

BLKTA 03-07-2017 02:19 PM

It very well could have been staged; but I'm not sure. I was hoping to alert some members in the Yuma area would have seen them on the road and snapped some additional pics. They're probably in CA now.