CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C4 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-general-discussion-34/)
-   -   recalls N910058 and N910059 (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-general-discussion/3958274-recalls-n910058-and-n910059.html)

Geodim 03-15-2017 12:25 AM

recalls N910058 and N910059

my 1988 Corvette has the issue with the seatbelt retractors. What are the possibilities that my dealership will still cover this? The NHTSA site, when I check by VIN says that these recalls were never completed on this 29 year old car. Anyone have any luck with a car this old and Chevrolet covering a recall this old?

Just curious
-Thanks!

Cliff Harris 03-15-2017 03:03 AM

They don't have any of the new seat belts in stock any more. Your only option is used parts.

I got the recall notice but my retractors worked fine so I ignored it.

Geodim 03-31-2017 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Cliff Harris (Post 1594302353)
They don't have any of the new seat belts in stock any more. Your only option is used parts.

I got the recall notice but my retractors worked fine so I ignored it.

Wouldn't have believed it if I didn't hear it myself.. but my local dealership located a set of these for my car.. and I have the appointment on Monday for them to swap them out. All under the recall. :rock::rock::rock::willy:

Larrye 04-02-2017 10:05 AM

Glad to hear you report back. Completing recalls on older vehicles can sometimes be completed if the dealership makes a concentrated effort.Recently the dealership I work for had an early 90's model Cadillac that had uncompleted recalls. Although the part had been discontinued, we were able to locate a few pieces at a couple dealerships across the country. I contacted our district manager, and after a few calls on our behalf GM had the part shipped to us from another dealer several hundred miles away. GM bore the extra expense required. Recall completed. :woohoo:

Geodim 04-13-2017 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Geodim (Post 1594427921)
Wouldn't have believed it if I didn't hear it myself.. but my local dealership located a set of these for my car.. and I have the appointment on Monday for them to swap them out. All under the recall. :rock::rock::rock::willy:

So the recall is completed. I am still shocked. New seat belts!! Local dealership parts manager went out of his way to find these seat belts for me. Took him a few weeks to find them, but he did! Scranton Motors in Vernon CT, definitely gets a shout out from me!! Great bunch of folks.

-G

Larrye 04-22-2017 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by Geodim (Post 1594520306)
So the recall is completed. I am still shocked. New seat belts!! Local dealership parts manager went out of his way to find these seat belts for me. Took him a few weeks to find them, but he did! Scranton Motors in Vernon CT, definitely gets a shout out from me!! Great bunch of folks.

-G

Although some dealership personnel could seem to care less, there are those of us in the business that DO care, and dealerships that work very hard to provide the absolute best customer service possible. Thanks for posting your positive experience! :cheers:

drcook 04-22-2017 04:40 PM

You might want to buy him lunch, or better yet, buy pizza for the entire service department. Might be the best investment you ever made. Back when I bought my 04 Duramax, I bought a bunch of boxes of pizzas and went in and had lunch with the folks that worked in service and parts. I was told that they never get thanked. It paid off for me more than those pizzas cost.

I have dealt with the same place since before the Duramax (back to 1990). Good business relationships are well worth cultivating.