CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C4 Tech/Performance (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-tech-performance-48/)
-   -   Vacuum Hose or Drain Hose? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-tech-performance/3960374-vacuum-hose-or-drain-hose.html)

Carguytroy1 03-19-2017 06:24 PM

Vacuum Hose or Drain Hose?

1 Attachment(s)
Pulled the car out of the garage this afternoon to clean the battery and cables and I noticed a hose laying on the ground on the driver's side where the front tire sits. Size looks like a vacuum hose but the one end of it doesn't look like it has ever been attached to anything. No bulge from being on a vacuum fitting or any kind of fitting. I've looked everywhere on the drivers side but can't see anything. The car is a 1995 coupe. Any ideas where it would have come from?

antfarmer2 03-19-2017 06:29 PM

Looks like a vacuum line to me too keep looking.

Carguytroy1 03-19-2017 06:36 PM

There doesn't look to be a whole lot vacuum line wise on the drivers side where it was laying( by the front tire). I did pull the battery out the other night so I thought I might have knocked something off. Pulled the battery back out and looked over that area. Everything looks good. Cruise control lines are all hooked up. I'm stumped.

antfarmer2 03-19-2017 06:45 PM

Might have just been a piece left in there from years gone by.

Carguytroy1 03-19-2017 09:32 PM

I'm hoping thats the case. I checked all the vacuum lines as outlined on the sticker under the hood and they are all okay. Is there any others besides what is on that sticker?

RUU 03-19-2017 10:24 PM

Hard to tell the size, but since you think it's off the driver's side, does your cruise control still work? Another thing that comes to mind is it's a length of hose from the wiper washer tubing.

belairbrian 03-19-2017 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by RUU (Post 1594336788)
Another thing that comes to mind is it's a length of hose from the wiper washer tubing.

That was my first tought

Carguytroy1 03-19-2017 11:50 PM

It's the same size as the cruise control hoses. Pulled one of the cruise control hoses off to check vacuum and its holding vacuum. Could be from the washer system. It is awfully clean. Thought maybe the opti but it's okay and it's pretty greasy in that area. I'll have to check the washer lines. The weird part is the one end isn't bulged like it was pushed on any sort of fitting. Doesn't look like it's ever been hooked up to anything. The other end has clearly broken off of a longer hose.

kenmohr 03-20-2017 06:52 AM

cowl drain?

Carguytroy1 03-20-2017 03:02 PM

Not the washer fluid hoses. Just checked those and the cowl drain is a bigger hose. It's hooked up too. I'm lost.

billschroeder5842 03-20-2017 07:29 PM

Does everything (everything) work?

Not knowing the history of your car, if EVERYTHING works, I'd say that a previous owner did some work and a lose piece of hose got stuck somewhere and eventually worked its way out and down.

You would not be the first guy to run across a "Memory of Bubba."

BTW.. my guess is washer fluid hose.

Carguytroy1 03-20-2017 09:26 PM

Looks like everything works. The only thing I haven't tried is the a/c, heater controls because I didn't want to drive it if this was a vacuum line. Just had a thought. What about the evap system? Where do the purge lines run on the car?

Cliff Harris 03-21-2017 03:12 AM

Originally Posted by Carguytroy1 (Post 1594344185)
Looks like everything works. The only thing I haven't tried is the a/c, heater controls because I didn't want to drive it if this was a vacuum line. Just had a thought. What about the evap system? Where do the purge lines run on the car?

Basically all of them run from the canister to the throttle body or intake manifold.

billschroeder5842 03-21-2017 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Carguytroy1 (Post 1594344185)
The only thing I haven't tried is the a/c, heater controls because I didn't want to drive it if this was a vacuum line.

Well, you need to test this as there is vacuum involved and the hose looks very similar.

It is called the "AC Vacuum storage tank ball." The Ball is located on the drivers side front under the headlights. Check your hoses on that one.

Carguytroy1 03-21-2017 08:21 PM

Only one line to the ball and its hooked up. Felt all around the ball thing and couldn't feel any other places for a hose to hook to. Any other thoughts before I forget about it and just drive it?

billschroeder5842 03-21-2017 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by Carguytroy1 (Post 1594351531)
Any other thoughts before I forget about it and just drive it?

No, you are good. Drive your car.

Run your AC/Heat though.... summer approaches