CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   In loving memory of lost CorvetteForum Brothers and Sisters (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/in-loving-memory-of-lost-corvetteforum-brothers-and-sisters-146/)
-   -   remembering my dad (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/in-loving-memory-of-lost-corvetteforum-brothers-and-sisters/3962607-remembering-my-dad.html)

gotdadsc4 03-24-2017 02:37 AM

remembering my dad

Hey all just joined this site my father was pretty frequent on and just got a job similar to what he was doing while I was growing up. Also with my first kid on the way (soon to be here) who is taking his name. Just wanted to put his name out there not sure if it wasn't already.

This new job will finally let me revive his vette too which i'm pretty excited about. I remember being somewhere around 12 when he first taught me to weld which would later become a love of mine and something I would make into a major part of my career. I remember working like a dog in the garage with him to pull out the vettes transmission with small jack stands and a motorcycle jack to bring it out LOL. I remember getting my permit and my first drive on the road he literally threw me the keys to his 94' chevy 3500 crew cab dually and asked why he was driving. I was nothing else but cotton mouthed at that!

Man so many memories such little time to be had so many lessons I wish I learned better from him...I miss the living S*** out of you dad! I know you weren't much of a drinker but this ones for you pops

MGP1 03-24-2017 07:54 AM

Great story & welcome! My Dad taught me all about cars and wrenches also....although gone now he will always be in the passenger seat!

chazde3 03-24-2017 09:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My dad taught me a lot while working on cars growing up. Unfortunately I wasn't into them as much back then. By the time I cam around to wanting to work on cars he ended up passing away shortly after. He's with me in spirit everytime I hit the gas pedal.
Attachment 48359186

Welcome aboard and sorry for your loss.

CCO 03-24-2017 08:25 PM

So sorry for your loss man --- You'll miss your Dad as I do mine every day - but I'm comforted knowing we'll meet again in the hereafter -- hope that helps you too.

Enjoy the memories -- and know he's watching over you.

C.

1bdvet 03-26-2017 10:35 AM

It's nice to have these memory's that put smile on our faces when we are sad, and blue. I also remember my parents, both are gone, but not the great memories.

doorgunner 03-30-2017 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by CCO (Post 1594376430)
So sorry for your loss man --- You'll miss your Dad as I do mine every day - but I'm comforted knowing we'll meet again in the hereafter -- hope that helps you too.

Enjoy the memories -- and know he's watching over you.

C.

WHAT HE SAID......EXACTLY!

:blueangel:

ZR1goonLSX 04-01-2017 12:58 AM

rest in peace !

rsparks64 04-09-2017 07:28 AM

:sadangel:

Glenn Quagmire 04-10-2017 01:08 PM

Sorry to learn of your dad's passing.

Jeff T. 04-11-2017 09:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
God Bless your Dad. Mine still enjoys his favorite seat.

Attachment 48082477