CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Vendor for Sale (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-vendor-for-sale-164/)
-   -   Lowered price on Stahlbus oil drain valve - now $44.95 (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-vendor-for-sale/3972210-lowered-price-on-stahlbus-oil-drain-valve-now-44-95-a.html)

Fred@ReverseLogic 04-12-2017 10:51 AM

Lowered price on Stahlbus oil drain valve - now $44.95

2 Attachment(s)
Just got an announcement from Stahlbus that they have significantly lowered the price on their oil drain valves and brake bleeder valves.

Corvettes use the M12x1.75 thread size.

New Pricing! Stahlbus oil drain valve

emsguy 08-12-2017 08:21 PM

does it work with the dry sump?

do you have to pull the oil pan to install them?

is the online price ($44.95) for one or for the set (for the dry sump)?

Fred@ReverseLogic 08-12-2017 08:32 PM

See responses in Red...

Originally Posted by emsguy (Post 1595348378)
does it work with the dry sump? Yes

do you have to pull the oil pan to install them? No

is the online price ($44.95) for one or for the set (for the dry sump)? Price is $44.95 each including shipping.

John Ulrich 08-12-2017 11:35 PM

I'm sorry, i've drained my oil into a pan for 46 years.....I don't get it?

Fred@ReverseLogic 08-13-2017 08:46 PM

- Eliminates the need to remove and reinstall the drain plug at every oil change.
- Eliminates the mess usually associated with side mounted drain plugs.
- Works especially well on cars with oil filters on top of engine.
- Makes it relatively easy to take a small sample for oil analysis.
- Easy to drain oil into empty 5-quart plastic bottles from previous oil change.

Originally Posted by John Ulrich (Post 1595349444)
I'm sorry, i've drained my oil into a pan for 46 years.....I don't get it?

Mr. Knowitall 08-13-2017 10:42 PM

Fred, how do I stop flow to switch from one 5-q jug to another?

spearfish25 09-30-2017 09:43 AM

I bought a pair and they come with both a copper crush washer AND a steel washer with a blue rubber film. Instructions only say to use the copper crush washer. What's the other one for?

I noticed the landing area of the copper washer is barely larger than the drain hole...did they include the second washer to make a better seal? There's no way the lateral drain fitting will ever attach if you use both.

TEXHAWK0 09-30-2017 09:54 AM

I am paranoid about having any kind of valve on the drain, so probably will never get one, especially since I only change the oil a couple of times a year.

I don't like that they went back to the old copper gasket instead of an o-ring that seals with much less pressure...
I remember that GM used to make a metal washer that also had a rubber insert molded in to make a better seal...Those worked good for the time.

Fred@ReverseLogic 09-30-2017 10:33 AM

Pinch the Silicone tube and move it to the second container.

Originally Posted by Mr. Knowitall (Post 1595355819)
Fred, how do I stop flow to switch from one 5-q jug to another?

Fred@ReverseLogic 09-30-2017 10:42 AM

All Stahlbus oil drain valves are supplied with a copper washer. The M12x1.75 valve also includes a larger diameter rubber coated aluminum washer and packet of sealant. The M12x1.75 valves have a lower torque spec than other thread sizes.

Originally Posted by spearfish25 (Post 1595671757)
I bought a pair and they come with both a copper crush washer AND a steel washer with a blue rubber film. Instructions only say to use the copper crush washer. What's the other one for?

I noticed the landing area of the copper washer is barely larger than the drain hole...did they include the second washer to make a better seal? There's no way the lateral drain fitting will ever attach if you use both.

Fred@ReverseLogic 09-30-2017 10:45 AM

Stahlbus valves don’t have a lever that can be accidentally moved and open the valve. They also have a safety cap with an o-ring seal.

Originally Posted by TEXHAWK0 (Post 1595671823)
I am paranoid about having any kind of valve on the drain, so probably will never get one, especially since I only change the oil a couple of times a year.

I don't like that they went back to the old copper gasket instead of an o-ring that seals with much less pressure...
I remember that GM used to make a metal washer that also had a rubber insert molded in to make a better seal...Those worked good for the time.