CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 General (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general-103/)
-   -   [Z06] Fluid onto windshield during hard acceleration (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general/3975059-fluid-onto-windshield-during-hard-acceleration.html)

bmarcinczyk14 04-18-2017 10:10 AM

Fluid onto windshield during hard acceleration

Fairly often I get clear fluid coming onto the windshield from under the hood during hard acceleration. It only happens on the drivers side. I'm going to guess it is washer fluid. I remember researching this and seeing it was a somewhat common issue with these cars? Do any of you experience this? Why does this happen and is there any fix?

MVR 155 04-18-2017 11:35 AM

It's washer fluid, very common in these cars. Not sure if there is a fix as I've never looked into a remedy

ApexerER 04-18-2017 11:39 AM

Yup, Its washer fluid....My fix is don't fill it all the way up.

NosLaser 04-18-2017 01:05 PM

Haha same thing has always happened to me ever since I got the car. The windshield washer fluid can't handle the powaaa :D

Moto One 04-18-2017 03:24 PM

Dido. Just don't fill it all the way.

Mark

striper 04-21-2017 02:21 AM

I try to avoid ever using my wipers so I keep the fluid at less than half full. Rain-X!

Z.youngg85@gmail.com 04-21-2017 10:33 PM

Yup common occurence. My car did the same when i filled it up full when i brought the car home after buying. Doesnt do it if you keep it a bit over half full.

MY03C5Z 04-22-2017 06:56 AM

Never noticed this problem. I don't think I've ever added washer fluid to mine and have never used it, lol.

jallen355 04-24-2017 07:00 PM

I don't know about the ws washer fluid being the culprit. Or at least, the only culprit I've owned 5 different C5's in the last 3 years. They've all done it. However, it's consistently been more prevalent on the passenger side. I havealwYs wondered the same thing. Asked several other owners and even a vette "tech", or two. Ne er got a good answer. I knew w it's not residual from a wash or rain. I've had it happen on several occasions on a car that sat in the garage for weeks w/o being washed or rained on. Yet, take it out for a drive....twist her tail...and the windshield gets splattered slightly. Again. Mostly on the passenger side.....consistently.

dbgoodwin 04-24-2017 11:42 PM

You guys must be making a lot more power than me. Mine is topped off, and even has a crack in the lid of the washer fluid tank and still doesn't spray on hard accel.

DVUSz06 04-25-2017 09:24 AM

Mine does it also, and for sure mine is wwf, I use the orange stuff with rain-x so when this happens it's always orange. Doesn't happen all the time but when I do a max effort holeshot and get good traction then it comes out the squirters on the wiper arms.

Quickshift_C5 04-26-2017 12:19 PM

Mine use to do it all the time as well. I don't spray fluid ever, so it either ran out or went to a low enough level where it stopped being a problem. I'm OK with either situation.