CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 General (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general-103/)
-   -   Got my first middle finger (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general/3989018-got-my-first-middle-finger.html)

BAT 05-17-2017 06:03 PM

Got my first middle finger

:D

Well, it finally happened. I pissed off a neighbor with my Corsa Xtreme exhaust. I left my son's baseball game early, got into the throttle a little better than half, never shifted out of 1st (automatic), let off and continued down the road. Guy was on his front step, middle finger as high as he could reach into the sky, staring me down. :rofl:

Should be an interesting summer. :leaving:

Vanover 05-17-2017 06:20 PM

He was just waving:seeya

JR-01 05-17-2017 06:24 PM

I don't blame him.

oemtech 05-17-2017 06:32 PM

Got a # 1 wave. :thumbs::rock:

neutron82 05-17-2017 06:32 PM

so I guess it's ok to flip someone off if their car is too quiet:lol:

Shakeydeal 05-17-2017 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by JR-01 (Post 1594760093)
I don't blame him.

In the middle of the day? It's not like it was 4:00 in the morning.

People need to get over themselves. No one can be even slightly offended or inconvenienced anymore. Sad state of affairs.......

Shakey

acuevo 05-17-2017 07:11 PM

He's just jealous.

Seriously though, what a cry baby!

Vetteman Jack 05-17-2017 07:21 PM

If it was in a residential area, I can understand it. You don't say what speed you reached, but a loud exhaust can make people think you are going faster than you are.

El original 05-17-2017 07:27 PM

Come over to my neighborhood...I will give you your second middle finger! Not everyone is a fan of LOUD exhaust :toetap:

JR-01 05-17-2017 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Shakeydeal (Post 1594760313)
In the middle of the day? It's not like it was 4:00 in the morning.

People need to get over themselves. No one can be even slightly offended or inconvenienced anymore. Sad state of affairs.......

Shakey

A residential neighborhood is no place to open up your car in 1st gear. Doesn't matter what time it is. It really is a sad state of affairs when people have no consideration for others. " Hey look I me! I'm making noise. Get out of my way." You guys have to get over yourselves and grow up. You give car guys a bad name. It has nothing to do with being offended or inconvenienced.

C5RClone 05-17-2017 07:35 PM

As you say it should be an interesting summer, late at night/early morning is a problem but hope you have fun at your son's games.

Dave concrete 05-17-2017 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by BAT (Post 1594759915)
:D

Well, it finally happened. I pissed off a neighbor with my Corsa Xtreme exhaust. I left my son's baseball game early, got into the throttle a little better than half, never shifted out of 1st (automatic), let off and continued down the road. Guy was on his front step, middle finger as high as he could reach into the sky, staring me down. :rofl:

Should be an interesting summer. :leaving:

screw them. I run AR headers to Borla straights if they don't like it, they should move.

JR-01 05-17-2017 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Dave concrete (Post 1594760585)
screw them. I run AR headers to Borla straights if they don't like it, they should move.

....or call the cops. Another one that gives us all a bad name.

BAT 05-17-2017 07:42 PM

Let me add a few details....

it was 5 pm.
yes, residential
Harley's are equally as loud, and for longer durations of time
I didn't break 35 mph. I was in the throttle for all of about 2 seconds
the perception I was speeding was because of the volume of the exhaust (I scared a buddy passing his house giving it a quick rev)
I'm running stock manifolds and h pipe, so it could be MUCH louder

it's not like I'm tearing through neighborhoods street racing. I don't do it in the morning, and hardly have the car out after dark.

BAT 05-17-2017 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by JR-01 (Post 1594760621)
....or call the cops. Another one that gives us all a bad name.

For what? I broke no laws. Lighten up Francis, it wasn't like I ran a quick quarter mile. :shrug:

c5vetteguy 05-17-2017 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Dave concrete (Post 1594760585)

Couldn't disagree more. Won't even expound on this, as it'll take more time than it's worth.

:salute:

JR-01 05-17-2017 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by BAT (Post 1594760641)
Let me add a few details....

it was 5 pm.
yes, residential
Harley's are equally as loud, and for longer durations of time
I didn't break 35 mph. I was in the throttle for all of about 2 seconds
the perception I was speeding was because of the volume of the exhaust (I scared a buddy passing his house giving it a quick rev)
I'm running stock manifolds and h pipe, so it could be MUCH louder

it's not like I'm tearing through neighborhoods street racing. I don't do it in the morning, and hardly have the car out after dark.

Residential neighborhoods are 25 mph. 2 seconds on the throttle will get you over 35 mph. Were there any children around? I doubt if it was the loudness that got the response. More likely the reckless driving.

JR-01 05-17-2017 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by BAT (Post 1594760656)
For what? I broke no laws. Lighten up Francis, it wasn't like I ran a quick quarter mile. :shrug:

By your own account it sounded like you did break some laws. Take it out in the country to open it up and drive like an adult in residential neighborhoods and you won't have a problem. Or you can learn the hard way.
You might want to apologize to your neighbor if you want to keep the peace.

c5vetteguy 05-17-2017 07:51 PM

It's probably not even about the perception of speed, but of the noise. Also a biker, those who have obnoxiously loud exhausts are just that, obnoxious.

calguy 05-17-2017 08:04 PM

I could never understand the reasoning behind a loud exhaust.

Does it have something to do with one's testosterone level or something?

A while back, we had a long discussion on another forum, about loud exhaust and why men feel it's important.
I think a nice low mellow sounding exhaust is fine, but it would appear some need that ear shattering , almost no muffler sound.

What the hell is that all about?
Perhaps a high testosterone level, or very little, take your choice.
Some just crave attention.
What ever the reason, it is absolutely ridiculous.

Bob.