CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Other Cars (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/other-cars-24/)
-   -   At last, the Demon price released! (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/other-cars/3992031-at-last-the-demon-price-released.html)

vigalante 05-24-2017 10:52 AM

At last, the Demon price released!

by Patrick Rall on May 23, 2017 at 7:59 am EDT
Dodge has finally announced the complete pricing for the 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon. When you factor in the gas guzzler tax, destination, the cost of the Demon Crate and both the front passenger and rear seats, the MSRP starts at $86,093. However, if all you care about is running 9.60s with a street legal, factory built muscle car, you can get into the Demon with everything that you need for the low price of $86,091.

https://i2.wp.com/www.allpar.com/pho...15255737&w=720

Technically, the 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon has an MSRP of $83,295. The gas guzzler tax adds $1,700, the destination fee adds $1,095, and the Demon Crate, the front passenger seat, and the rear seat assembly each add a dollar — yes, that is literally $1 for each.

According to Dodge, the contents of the Demon Crate when priced out individually would cost around $6,140, but buyers can opt-in for all of the contents of that magical box for just one dollar. The factory trunk carpeting can also be added in for a dollar.

“Eighty-five thousand dollars is not just a number in a business case to Dodge; we know it’s a lot of money and a significant up-charge over a Challenger Hellcat,” said Tim Kuniskis, who heads up Dodge, Chrysler, and Fiat cars in North America. “We worked very hard to build as much value into the Challenger SRT Demon as possible – features, performance and exclusivity that simply can’t be duplicated with a goal of maintaining, and possibly even growing, as much future value as possible.”

Demon Options Detailed

The 2018 Demon does come with a few more options than we had expected, all of which make the 840 horsepower Challenger a little more street-friendly.

The Comfort Audio Group includes the passenger’s side seat, an 18 speaker Harman Kardon sound system with including two subwoofers and a 900W amplifier, premium floor mats and bright pedals. This package has an MSRP of $995.

https://i2.wp.com/www.allpar.com/pho...15255737&w=720

The Leather Front Seat Group add a Laguna leather and Alcantara suede-wrapped seats with an embossed Demon logo on the seatback. This package comes with the passenger’s side seat and both front seats are both heated and cooled, but this package also adds a heated steering wheel, a power tilt and telescope steering wheel, premium floor mats and bright finished pedals. The Leather Front Seat Group has an MSRP of $1,595.

The Comfort Group with Leather Seats, as you might imagine, combines the features of the Comfort Group with the features of the Leather Front Seat Group, so this package includes the leather and suede, heated and cooled front seats, the premium floor mats, the power heated/tilt/telescope steering wheel, the bright pedals and the 18 speaker Harman sound system. This package has an MSRP of $2,495, so you save $95 off of the two individual packages.

https://i1.wp.com/www.allpar.com/pho...15255737&w=720

2018 Dodge Demon buyers who want to spruce up the interior can add red seat belts for $195 while those buyers who want a unique exterior design can opt for the satin black hood or the satin black graphics package. The satin black hood costs $1,995 while the satin black graphics package – which paints the hood, roof and deck lid the stylish satin black – costs $3,495.

Finally, the 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon does come with a sunroof, but it might be the most expensive sunroof option that we have ever seen. The Demon sunroof adds $4,995, and while that price seems incredibly high, the fact that adding a sunroof to a drag car is so counter-intuitive has led FCA to price the sunroof considerably higher than the key go-fast options.

https://i0.wp.com/www.allpar.com/pho...15255737&w=720

With all these options and groups, the tag is $97,273. That is the list price with literally every option, so as Tim Kuniskis promised when the car debuted back in April, the Demon is well below $100,000, even when fully loaded.

We still don’t know exactly how Dodge will handle the allocation of the 3,000 Demons in the US and the 300 Demons in Canada, but we now know how much the quickest production car in the history of the automobile will cost when it hits dealerships later this year. The company will begin taking orders this summer and deliveries will begin this fall.

The full story (so far) of the Dodge Challenger Demon

JJS04 05-24-2017 12:24 PM

In the history of cars there has never been a car that I want more. Demon dreamin'!

Snorman 05-24-2017 02:47 PM

Cue the "I-can-do-pulley/tune/midpipe-and-run-9's-on-DR's-in-a-Hellcat-for-$5k" arguments.
S.

sublime1996525 05-24-2017 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Snorman (Post 1594807280)
Cue the "I-can-do-pulley/tune/midpipe-and-run-9's-on-DR's-in-a-Hellcat-for-$5k" arguments.
S.

:rofl::rofl::lurk:

Wulverine 05-24-2017 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Snorman (Post 1594807280)
S.

Much more likely the vette purist's will be in here bashing it long before the mopar guys. Dodge is kicking Chevy's ass brother, that out to make the expel waxer crowd show up. :D

a striper 05-24-2017 07:13 PM

If Dodge has a built in fudge factor like Chevy has for the Z06 (lots of people do better than the advertised performance numbers) I'm going to really want one.

vigalante 05-24-2017 09:23 PM

Don't hold your breath on getting one. Only the rich and famous are getting one of these bad boys. Someone said this is going to John Elway...

http://www.hellcat.org/attachments/1..._o-jpg.199241/

sublime1996525 05-24-2017 11:46 PM

That can't be going to Elway. It's not orange...

Snorman 05-25-2017 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by a striper (Post 1594809125)
If Dodge has a built in fudge factor like Chevy has for the Z06 (lots of people do better than the advertised performance numbers) I'm going to really want one.

Very doubtful.
Dodge ran that car at Gainesville in big negative DA air in November. Guaranteed the track was prepped the whole way down and they worked on getting that time all day. In the Dodge promo videos, you can see a Demon in the background with about 50# of ice on the blower, lol.
Very quick car, but just like they did with the ACR, it's going to be VERY hard to match (or beat) those times.
S.

Snorman 05-25-2017 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by Wulverine (Post 1594809094)
Much more likely the vette purist's will be in here bashing it long before the mopar guys. Dodge is kicking Chevy's ass brother, that out to make the expel waxer crowd show up. :D

Dodge has a couple of pretty impressive cars out, all of them have supercharged 6.2's in them.
GM has some impressive cars as well. Between the Z06, ZL1 (and the 1LE cars), CTS-V, ATS-V I'm not sure how anybody could make the claim GM (aside from just "Chevy") isn't putting out some impressive stuff.
S.

pewter99 05-25-2017 12:16 AM

$86K plus a $10-25K dealer markup for exclusivity ...watch

Mopar Jimmy 05-25-2017 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by pewter99 (Post 1594810933)
$86K plus a $10-25K dealer markup for exclusivity ...watch

Pewter my Friend the dealer markup is going to be more than we have ever seen, $25K to $50Kf (which is a joke) as this bad boy is sure to be a collectible, and with the horsepower wars coming to a close in the next several years if this bad boy remains the quickest factory produced car, and has only a 1 year run as Dodge claims (with only 3,300 total produced), then's its value will climb and climb. :crazy::toetap::cheers:

Dave68 05-25-2017 02:38 PM

Fiat - Chrysler is trying to find a niche market for big, heavy, dragster-type vehicles that don't have to compete with Chevy on race tracks.
I think they have found it; whether it ultimately saves them, financially is another matter.

Boba Fett 05-26-2017 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Wulverine (Post 1594809094)

I agree with this in that Dodge goes against the grain with their cars...and I just bought a Z06

PHPD7102 05-27-2017 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Mopar Jimmy (Post 1594811047)
Pewter my Friend the dealer markup is going to be more than we have ever seen, $25K to $50Kf (which is a joke) as this bad boy is sure to be a collectible, and with the horsepower wars coming to a close in the next several years if this bad boy remains the quickest factory produced car, and has only a 1 year run as Dodge claims (with only 3,300 total produced), then's its value will climb and climb. :crazy::toetap::cheers:

Yup, 3000 made for the USA and 300 more for Canada, The dealer markup will be epic. Each dealer is also getting a pre determined allotment, so if you walk into a dealership to order one and they already sold their one, you will need to find a new dealership.

Originally Posted by PDCjonny (Post 1594814653)
Fact: Woodhouse in Nebraska is (or was) taken orders at MSRP for the Demon. No ADM. They do not add on the MSRP ever no matter how popular the car. Their projected allotment is probably sold out by now however.

Idiot Dave68 - Chevy has some catching up to do to compete with the discontinued ACR-E I'd say, not the other way around. Come back when you have something remotely competitive.

They can take all the orders they want, they're only getting what they get and I'd be highly surprised if any dealership gets more than 2 considering the amount being built.

PDCjonny 05-27-2017 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by PHPD7102 (Post 1594827030)
They can take all the orders they want, they're only getting what they get and I'd be highly surprised if any dealership gets more than 2 considering the amount being built.

They're a big time Dodge dealer, first or second in the country in Viper sales for the last 25 years. They'll get considerably more than two.

427muscle 05-27-2017 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by PDCjonny (Post 1594827952)
They're a big time Dodge dealer, first or second in the country in Viper sales for the last 25 years. They'll get considerably more than two.

1st

dmaxx3500 05-28-2017 05:06 PM

got to buy one loaded,w/sunroof,as there probably wont be 100 produced that way

J3TVETTE 05-29-2017 02:14 PM

I think the car is absolutely amazing. Heck if anyone has one in South Florida and wants to take me for a spin let me know!

Les 05-31-2017 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Boba Fett (Post 1594823220)
I agree with this in that Dodge goes against the grain with their cars...and I just bought a Z06

Hey! I kinda miss your old avatar! :(