CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   GMEPP and Dennis Fichtner (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3997768-gmepp-and-dennis-fichtner.html)

rcooper 06-05-2017 09:43 PM

GMEPP and Dennis Fichtner

I bought an extended "warranty" from Dennis at Menholt Chevrolet in Montana, got it today 6/6/17.
This was the absolute best customer service I have ever received from anyone anywhere. Dennis did far more than was necessary in order to be sure that I got my plan and that it was exactly what I wanted, at the best price too.
If any are wondering about where to buy their extended plan this is the place. By the way I have a 2015 stingray with 35,975 miles on it so I was cutting it close, Dennis got me covered with out a problem.
This is the guy to go to make no mistake about it...he will get it done for you:thumbs::rock::cheers::cheers::rock:: thumbs:

azmusclecar 06-05-2017 10:37 PM

I too am a Dennis Fitchner fan, I have his tee shirt, and the bobble head. I will be contacting him in the future, I haven't even got my 17 yet..............but it is on it's way.

Kent1999 06-05-2017 10:37 PM

Agreed! I just bought another GMEPP from Dennis and am 100% satisfied -- excellent service and I give him my very highest recommendation to anyone looking to buy a TRUE GM warranty and not one of those risky 3rd party warranties.

Foosh 06-05-2017 11:26 PM

Same here, I've purchased 2 plans from the Fichtners 10 years apart. They are the best in the business.

Jbal 06-06-2017 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by Foosh (Post 1594886772)
Same here, I've purchased 2 plans from the Fichtners 10 years apart. They are the best in the business.

Ditto!:thumbs:

VNAMVET 06-06-2017 07:39 AM

......unfortunately, we Corvette owners who reside in Florida (due to Fl regulations ) cannot take advantage of this purchase.

Deftly 06-06-2017 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by VNAMVET (Post 1594887656)
......unfortunately, we Corvette owners who reside in Florida (due to Fl regulations ) cannot take advantage of this purchase.

Apparently that is no longer the case with the GMEPP. Check with Dennis to be sure, but his e-mail response to me looked like those of us in FL are good to go. It was GMPP that could not, and still can't, be sold by anyone but FL dealers. GMPP is now Ally Premirer. Smells like a 3rd party to me.

Vetteman Jack 06-06-2017 10:15 AM

Dennis is great to deal with - I bought an extended warranty from him when I had my '00 and it was a problem-free experience.

Foosh 06-06-2017 10:20 AM

Yes, you can, unless something's changed in the last couple of months.

The old GMPP (Ally) could not be sold by the Fichtners in about a dozen states including FL, but according to them, the current GMEPP can be sold by them in all 50 states.

Call them, their sales ads have always stated GMEPP could be sold to customers in all 50 states.

fyreline 06-06-2017 10:35 AM

I had the GMPP through Mr. Fichtner on my C6, now have the GMEPP through him for my C7. Great service & pricing. No need for anyone to go anywhere else.

Bavaria 06-06-2017 01:58 PM

I'm curious as to how many needed the extended warranty for work on C7 Corvettes. They seem to be quite bulletproof, and from what I've read display most problems during the initial warranty period. Mine was two years old in Feb., has 11k+ miles on it, and has been flawless.

Rebel Yell 06-06-2017 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by rcooper (Post 1594886151)
I bought an extended "warranty" from Dennis at Menholt Chevrolet in Montana, got it today 6/6/17.
This was the absolute best customer service I have ever received from anyone anywhere. Dennis did far more than was necessary in order to be sure that I got my plan and that it was exactly what I wanted, at the best price too.
If any are wondering about where to buy their extended plan this is the place. By the way I have a 2015 stingray with 35,975 miles on it so I was cutting it close, Dennis got me covered with out a problem.
This is the guy to go to make no mistake about it...he will get it done for you:thumbs::rock::cheers::cheers::rock:: thumbs:

:iagree: Saved me a bunch of dough, and the process was EZPZ.

Dennis Fichtner 06-06-2017 06:19 PM

Thanks

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone, this post is very much appreciated and I guess I am doing my job correctly!!

As to VNAMVET, I sent you an email but you can buy the GMEPP or now called the Chevrolet Protection Plan from me in Florida, it is the old GMPP and now the Ally Premier warranty that I couldn't sell in Florida.

Again Thanks Everyone!!!!

rcooper 06-06-2017 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by azmusclecar (Post 1594886496)
I too am a Dennis Fitchner fan, I have his tee shirt, and the bobble head. I will be contacting him in the future, I haven't even got my 17 yet..............but it is on it's way.

Best of luck with the new Vette. I have had mine over 2 years and it has been flawless. Hope yours is too.:thumbs:

GOLD72 06-07-2017 12:28 PM

Dennis is the Man. Bought a number of GMPPs from him over the past 10 years.

funz06 06-07-2017 03:14 PM

Are Ken and Dennis Fichtner the same outfit? If not, is one better than the other, etc.?

Foosh 06-07-2017 03:32 PM

Yes, they are. I believe Dennis is Ken's uncle. Dennis primarily handles GMEPP sales and administration, and Ken works at the same dealership.

Dennis Fichtner 06-07-2017 06:43 PM

Question

FUNZ06

I am Ken's Uncle and do the warranty plans, Ken is now a Inventory Manager for the dealership which happens to be the largest in the region. We stock over 700 new Chevrolets and usually have about 300-400 used at all times also.

RaceMic 06-07-2017 07:45 PM

How much is one of these GMEPPs? And how long does it last?

Silberschnell 06-07-2017 07:59 PM

Agree, Dennis is very helpful. Just bought mine today! Thanks

MHE-Plex 06-07-2017 08:08 PM

Went to buy?

Originally Posted by Dennis Fichtner (Post 1594899544)
FUNZ06

I am Ken's Uncle and do the warranty plans, Ken is now a Inventory Manager for the dealership which happens to be the largest in the region. We stock over 700 new Chevrolets and usually have about 300-400 used at all times also.

i'm almost certain I will buy an extended warranty.

I'm almost finished with my first tank of gas from MacMulkin as I've been out of town and not driven nearly as much as I would like.

I'm still unsure after all my forum reading of when is the best time to buy - As soon as you receive the car or when the factory warranty is about to expire or somewhere in the middle?

maybe I just need to contact Dennis or Ken and get a quote now…

Gearhead Jim 06-07-2017 08:34 PM

In the past, there were several "break" points of months/miles, where the cost went up and the coverage time/miles went down. I guess that's because you are buying duplicate coverage during that time the car is still under the original 3/36k. Even with that, we were seriously ahead by buying just before the first break point, which back then came when you hit 12 months or 12k miles.

I've heard rumors that the first break point now comes at 12 months or 10k miles, so check with Dennis well before that point to be sure.

Unfortunately, we "made" big money with the extended warranty on our 2001, 2006, and recently traded 2009, purchased from Fichtners. I would not own a Corvette that did not have good warranty coverage, either original or GMEPP.

AORoads 06-08-2017 11:24 AM

Read Jim's post, call Dennis, and ask your questions. As Jim says, there must be a break point where it makes sense to buy, but it differs, to some extent, from one person to another. Why? Because some would rather pay less early than pay more later for a same/similar policy. Nothing wrong with that; just a personal preference.

funz06 06-08-2017 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Dennis Fichtner (Post 1594899544)
FUNZ06

Thank you---great to know who is who. I will be contacting you next winter (February) to buy a warranty. Bought my car in April 2015. It will have about 7,500 to 8,000 miles on it when I put it away for the winter. Look forward to working with you.

NavyBlue2 06-08-2017 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Bavaria (Post 1594890356)
I'm curious as to how many needed the extended warranty for work on C7 Corvettes. They seem to be quite bulletproof, and from what I've read display most problems during the initial warranty period. Mine was two years old in Feb., has 11k+ miles on it, and has been flawless.

Agreed that it's been pretty reliable so far for me at 32 months & 16K miles.
But mine's a daily driver to work everyday thru big potholed big city streets, & I at least 6 up/down cycles of vert top per day. Add in thousands of mechanical & electronic parts, I more worried about years 4 - 7.
So even one big repair or vert top mechanical replacement will pay for itself...
Yes, I bought from Dennis also & are very happy.

GaryPitts 06-08-2017 04:41 PM

Must be a M7 :)

Bavaria 06-08-2017 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by GaryPitts (Post 1594905714)
Must be a M7 :)

It is.:thumbs:

Foosh 06-08-2017 04:59 PM

The '14's are just now starting to run out of B2B warranty in large numbers, but it depends upon when a particular car went into service. My '14 was one of the last built out of 36,000+ (July 2014) and wasn't sold until 2/15. In addition, most of them are still covered by the powertrain warranty (5 years or 100K miles).

Thus, there haven't been many reports of GMEPP warranty claims yet. I've had zero warranty claims on mine (M7), but I still purchased a GMEPP plan, because I intend to keep it for at least 5 years. It only takes one electronic component to pay for the cost of the plan.

rcooper 06-08-2017 06:23 PM

Here is a bit more info on what I did. I drove my car until the warranty was about gone. 35,975 miles to be exact. I bought a 60 month $100 deductible 75,000 mile GMEPP extended warranty. I paid a few dollars more than if I had bought it when the car was new, ( there was no GMEPP at that time) but to get the coverage to get me to 110,000 miles would have cost me as much when new. The reason....there was no GMEPP and I would have had to go with another company which would have charged me more off the top. The price difference is not a big factor, I didn't want double coverage so I waited. And buying when the car was new was not a huge savings. I waited and I will wait when I buy the next one....God willing. I'll be 77 when the next one goes into the garage and it will be a 2022...and I hope it will still be a mid/front engine V8!

ilovemyredhotc6 10-25-2017 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Kent1999 (Post 1594886505)
Agreed! I just bought another GMEPP from Dennis and am 100% satisfied -- excellent service and I give him my very highest recommendation to anyone looking to buy a TRUE GM warranty and not one of those risky 3rd party warranties.

I was a Dennis and Ken fan (purchased a GMPP contract, and then a GMEPP contract on the same car), until AMT decided to unilaterally cancel my service contract. I contacted Ken for help (as Dennis is out), and he took it all the way up to the regional GMEPP sales manager who basically told me I'm on my own and they won't provide any support. This is the first time I have had an issue with either the GMPP or GMEPP policies. Contact me if you want more details or have a similar experience, as I am in the process of starting a legal claim against the company.

Foosh 10-25-2017 11:55 PM

Since you haven't provide any details whatsoever, I have several questions. Are we talking about a C7 here? Have you tuned or modified the car? Why did you purchase two different extended warranty plans on the same car?

By looking at your previous recent posts, you admit to having installed headers on your car. That violates the extended warranty agreement you signed. Read the contract. They had every right to revoke your agreement.

rcooper 10-26-2017 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by ilovemyredhotc6 (Post 1595836167)
I was a Dennis and Ken fan (purchased a GMPP contract, and then a GMEPP contract on the same car), until AMT decided to unilaterally cancel my service contract. I contacted Ken for help (as Dennis is out), and he took it all the way up to the regional GMEPP sales manager who basically told me I'm on my own and they won't provide any support. This is the first time I have had an issue with either the GMPP or GMEPP policies. Contact me if you want more details or have a similar experience, as I am in the process of starting a legal claim against the company.

More details please, and is this on your C6 ( your avitar )
Have you had any mods done? Anything that might have caused them to do this?

Bigredwing 10-26-2017 09:05 AM

Who is AMT?

rmorin1249 10-26-2017 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by Bigredwing (Post 1595838006)
Who is AMT?

I believe they are the administrator of the GMEPP contracts. These contracts may be sold by GM but the insurance is actually handled by third party. It is VERY important to read the "fine print" on these policies. :cheers:

DennyMenholtChev 10-26-2017 12:22 PM

Some may consider this post as “damage control” but I consider it stating the facts.

Chevrolet-Buick-GMC-Cadillac is a Divisional Extended Protection Plan that provides premier coverage for your General Motors vehicle.

This plan is offered by GM dealers thru General Motors. The plan is backed by an insurance company like most vehicle service contracts.

WhenI email a quote for a Vehicle Service Contract, my quote includes the following:

Chevrolet-Buick-GMC-Cadillac is a Divisional Extended Protection Plan that provides premier coverage for your General Motors vehicle.”

Many vehicle service contracts don’t cover certain items that can lead to other failures, like seals and gaskets. We do. In fact, most mechanical and electronic components of your vehicle are covered against mechanical breakdown.
With the Chevrolet-Buick-GMC-Cadillac Protection Plan, you'll have coverage for many components, including wear and tear and seals and gaskets which are not covered on many other plans on your vehicle. With the increasing complexity of today's vehicles and high-tech features, the Chevrolet-Buick-GMC-Cadillac Protection Plan is the best way to ensure that you are covered against potential expensive repairs.
In the event of a covered component failure, even when it is the result of normal wear and tear, you're protected.Chevrolet-Buick-GMC-Cadillac Platinum coverage is an exclusionary coverage. That means that everything is covered on your vehicle unless it is on the exclusion list.”

Exclusion List
Components that are not covered are those listed on the Exclusion List:
A. Any of the following parts: carburetor, battery and battery cable/harness (unless listed as specific covered parts), standard transmission clutch assembly, friction clutch disc and pressure plate, distributor cap and rotor, glass, lenses, sealed beams, light bulbs, fuses, circuit breakers, cellular phones, game centers, AM/FM radio/cassette/CD players exceeding $3,000 repair or replacement cost, speakers, audio/video equipment, pixel damage due to impact on display screens, key fobs, tire pressure sensors, remote control consoles, radar detection devices, brake rotors and drums, all exhaust components, and the following emission components: EGR purge valve/solenoids/sensors, vacuum canister, vapor return canister, vapor return lines/valves, air pump/lines/valves, catalytic converter/filtering/sensors, emission vapor sensors, gas cap/filler neck, weather strips, trim, moldings, bright metal chrome, upholstery and carpet, paint, outside ornamentation, bumpers, body sheet metal and panels, frame and structural body parts, vinyl and convertible tops, any convertible top assemblies, hardware or linkages, tires and wheels/rims. External nuts, bolts, and fasteners are not covered except where required in conjunction with acovered repair.
B. Maintenance services and parts described in your vehicle’s Owner’s Manual as supplied by the manufacturer and other normal maintenance services and parts, which include, but are not limited to: alignments, adjustments, wheel balancing, tune-ups, spark plugs, spark plug wires, glow plugs, hoses, drive belts, brake pads, brake linings/shoes, and wiper blades. Filters, lubricants, coolants, fluids, and refrigerants will be covered only if replacement is required in connection with a breakdown.
C. For any damage and/or Breakdown resulting from collision, road hazard, fire, theft, vandalism, riot, acts of terrorism, explosion, lightning, earthquake, freezing, rust or corrosion, windstorm, hail, water or flood, acts of God, salt, environmental damage, chemicals, contamination of fluids, fuels, coolants or lubricants.
D. Any breakdown caused by misuse, abuse, negligence, lack of normal maintenance required by the manufacturer’s maintenance schedule for your vehicle, or improper servicing or repairs subsequent to purchase. Any breakdown caused by sludge buildup resulting from your failure to perform recommended maintenance services, or failure to maintain proper levels of lubricants and/or coolants, or breakdowns caused by fuels containing more than 10 percent ethanol (if the engine was not manufactured for this fuel mixture), or failure to protect your vehicle from further damage when a breakdown has occurred or failure to have your vehicle towed to the service facility when continued operation may result in further damage. Continued operation includes your failure to observe warning lights, gauges, or any other signs of overheating or component failure, such as, fluid leakage, slipping, knocking, or smoking, and not protecting your vehicle by continuing to drive, creating damage beyond the initial failure.
E. Any repair or replacement of any covered part if a breakdown has not occurred. Any part that a repair facility or manufacturer recommends or requires be replaced or repaired or is an update,and is not a breakdown, is your responsibility and expense.
F. Any alterations that have been made to your vehicle or use of your vehicle in a manner not recommended by the manufacturer, including but not limited to the failure of any custom or add-on part, all frame or suspension modifications, lift kits, any tire that is not recommended by the original manufacturer if it creates an odometer/speedometer variance of greater than 4 percent, and trailer hitches. Also not covered are any emissions and/or exhaust systems modifications, engine modifications, transmission modifications, and/or drive axle modifications, which includes any performance modifications.
G. If, while owned by you, your odometer has ceased to operate and odometer repairs have not been made immediately, or the odometer has been altered in any way subsequent to purchase of the contract.
H. If your vehicle has ever been a total loss, salvaged, rebuilt, or is a gray market vehicle.
I. Any liability for property damage, or for injury to or death of any person arising out of the operation, maintenance, or use of your vehicle described in the contract, whether or not related to the parts covered. Loss of use, time, profit, inconvenience, or any other consequential loss, including any consequential damage to a non-covered partthat results from a breakdown.
J. Any breakdown where the manufacturer isresponsible for the repair or if the breakdown is covered by a repairer’s guarantee/warranty (regardless of manufacturer’s or repairer’s ability to pay for such repairs).
K. If your vehicle is used for towing (unless your vehicle is equipped with a factory-installed or factory-authorized tow package), or is used as a commercial unit (unless appropriate surcharge is marked on Registration Page and only as defined under “Definitions,” “Commercial Use”), or is used for rental, taxi, limousine, shuttle,towing/wrecker service, dumping (dump beds), cherry pickers, lifting or hoisting, police or emergency service, principally off-road use, prearranged or organized racing, or competitive driving.
L. Any pre-existing condition or any breakdown occurring before coverage takes effect or prior to the contract purchase date, or if the information provided by you or the repair facility cannot be verified as accurate or is found to be deceptively inaccurate.
M. Breakdowns that occur and/or repairs made outside of the United States of America and Canada.
N. Diagnostic and/or teardown procedures thatare not listed, or are in excess of the times listed in the current year’s national flat rate hourly guide in conjunction with a covered repair.”

The following is directly from the actual agreement:

Exclusions
Section F:
“If any alterations have been made to Your Vehicle or You are using or have used Your Vehicle in a manner not recommended by the manufacturer, including but not limited to, the failure of any custom or add-on part, allframe or suspension modifications, lift kits, any tire that is not recommendedby the original manufacturer if it creates an odometer/speedometer variance of greater than 4%, trailer hitches. Also not covered are any emissions and/or exhaust systems modifications, engine modifications, transmission modifications, and/or drive axle modifications, which includes any performance modifications.”

“This Vehicle Service Contract does not cover all Breakdowns and excludes some conditions and vehicles. Please read the Schedule of Coverages, Provisions of This Vehicle Service Contract and Exclusions sections of this Contract so You fully understand what Coverage is provided to You for Your Vehicle. If You have any questions regarding this Contract, please contact the Administrator toll-free at (877) 265-1072 or P.O. Box 927, Bedford, TX 76095.”

“IN CASE OF BREAKDOWN, YOU SHOULD TAKE THE FOLLOWING:
1. Return the Vehicle to the Selling Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, Cadillac Dealer or nearest Chevrolet,Buick, GMC, Cadillac dealership to ensure proper service and that genuine OEM parts are utilized for repairs. You may contact the Administrator for assistance in locating an authorized Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, Cadillac dealership. If the Selling Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, Cadillac Dealer or authorized Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, Cadillac dealership are not accessible, You may take the Vehicle to any licensed repair facility. However, authorization from the Administrator, verified by issuance of a reference number, must be received before any repairs are performed under this Contract.
a. Have Your Contract number, mileage and date of Breakdown ready for the Administrator.
b. Have the authorized service representative contact the Administrator at (877) 265-1072.
2. Upon Our request, You must allow the Administrator to inspect the Vehicle to gather necessary information regarding any claim. Under certain conditions when a Breakdown occurs You may be required to have the Vehicle returned to the Selling or nearest authorized Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, Cadillac Dealer.”

AMT Warranty Corp.
P.O. Box 927,Bedford, TX 76095
Customer Service / Claims (877) 265-1072
Email: protectionplanclaims@amtrustgroup.com
Available 24 hours a day / 365 days a year

Don Pablo GS 02-04-2018 04:44 PM

Bumping this for when the time comes I need a warranty. BTW can anyone comment on ballpark prices and terms?

Foosh 02-04-2018 04:47 PM

It depends upon too many variables to get into here. Talk to Dennis, and he'll explain all of that based upon your car and what amount of coverage you want.

GTX JOHN 02-04-2018 04:56 PM

Dennis was Outstanding!
I waited to the last couple days and he
got it handled.
When I sold my 2015 he helped expedite
the refund process.
We were very pleased with the more than competitive
price we received.
Thanks Dennis!

Maxie2U 02-04-2018 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by Don Pablo GS (Post 1596523587)
Bumping this for when the time comes I need a warranty. BTW can anyone comment on ballpark prices and terms?

I don’t know how old or how many miles are on your C7 but if it’s under 10,000 miles you should get a quote from Dennis for pricing below and above 10,000 miles. If your mileage is already above 10,000 find out from Dennis the next mileage penalty.

I was going to wait until my 3 year BTB warranty was about to expire but purchased an extended warranty 6 months early because I was only ~150 miles away from 10,000 miles which ended up saving me $1000.00!

2500 hd 02-04-2018 10:55 PM

I went with Dennis also, good price and easy to deal with.

xxaarraa 02-05-2018 05:36 AM

Another Dennis fan in the long list of Dennis fans. Bought the 4 year / 70k miles / 0 deductible GMEPP from him last spring.

Interestingly, right after I bought that warranty, some sort of complimentary 2 year maintenance program was also added to my VIN. I hadn't asked for it and only found out about it when my dealer told me I didn't have to pay for the oil change last spring because I had the service program. Not sure if that was something Dennis did or something my dealer did (I bought a new Raptor from the sister dealer around the same time last year). Either way, I'm happy :)

orca1946 02-05-2018 11:18 AM

I will check into this on my 2019 GS.

ken zuromski 02-05-2018 03:28 PM

Can anyone provide e-mail address for Dennis, or best way to contact?

doug doo wop 02-05-2018 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Dennis Fichtner (Post 1594892324)
I just wanted to say thanks to everyone, this post is very much appreciated and I guess I am doing my job correctly!!

As to VNAMVET, I sent you an email but you can buy the GMEPP or now called the Chevrolet Protection Plan from me in Florida, it is the old GMPP and now the Ally Premier warranty that I couldn't sell in Florida.

Hi Dennis, I bought my 84/75000 warranty from Hardin Chev. 12/19/2014 with a zero deductible. My 2015 now has a little over 29000 miles and I'm planning on either selling it or trading it in on a 2019 GS. I haven't used the extended warranty yet, so can I transfer this to the new car, which would be sometime in April. It expires 1/17/2022 or 78298 miles. Thanks Doug Baltimore Md.:flag:

Dennis Fichtner 02-05-2018 04:45 PM

Questions

My email is dfichtner@dennymenholt.com

doug doo wop

You need to cancel the plan on the existing car and get your refund back and then buy a plan on the new car

ScottCichosz@hardinauto.com

Include Scott in front of the rest, I don't know why it is not working.

doug doo wop 02-05-2018 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Dennis Fichtner (Post 1596530220)
My email is dfichtner@dennymenholt.com

doug doo wop

You need to cancel the plan on the existing car and get your refund back and then buy a plan on the new car

ScottCichosz@hardinauto.com

Include Scott in front of the rest, I don't know why it is not working.

Thanks, but didn't I buy this from you?

GOZ2FST 02-05-2018 05:34 PM

I just bought my extended warranty from Dennis for my Z51- great price and painless process. So glad to have that in place.

Sid "GOZ2FST"

Dennis Fichtner 02-05-2018 05:34 PM

Yes, you bought it from me when I worked at Hardin Chevrolet. I now work for Denny Menholt Chevrolet and the selling dealer of the warranty must cancel it, if I could I would but can't working for a dealer that did not sell you the plan. That is why I gave you Scott's email so he could handle it for you.

Takoyaki 02-05-2018 07:12 PM

I just got one from Dennis today for my C7Z. I was expecting to pay arms and legs but it was surprisingly affordable. It helps that I don't drive the car that much though.

It was super easy to work with Dennis and also, Ken.

rramjet 02-05-2018 09:24 PM

Bought one for my 2015 Z51. Still trying to get the 1k miles on it before warranty takes over. Not trying too hard however because car is in the garage for the Winter while we are in AZ.

FunDriver 02-05-2018 09:31 PM

I got one for my C6 from Ken and my recent one for the C7 from Dennis. I trust both enough that I didn't even check around for any other plans or pricing. Absolutely great customer service and if you need it quickly Dennis can get it done.

It's an easy process and he can send an email with an easy-to-understand list of available plans.

doug doo wop 02-06-2018 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Dennis Fichtner (Post 1596530648)
Yes, you bought it from me when I worked at Hardin Chevrolet. I now work for Denny Menholt Chevrolet and the selling dealer of the warranty must cancel it, if I could I would but can't working for a dealer that did not sell you the plan. That is why I gave you Scott's email so he could handle it for you.

Ok,so when Scott cancels the old one, does he go ahead and give me a new one? I don't have to pay again for my new car? Thanks:flag:

doug doo wop 02-06-2018 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Dennis Fichtner (Post 1596530648)

Sorry, I just reread your answer to me and so I should just get a refund from Scott, and then contact you for a new one? Will I get the full cost refunded to me? :flag:

Dennis Fichtner 02-06-2018 04:48 PM

doug doo wop

Just sent you an email!!!!

vette4lyn 02-06-2018 08:23 PM

Dennis rocks

absolutely the best buying experience this side of anywhere!!!

Gearhead Jim 02-06-2018 09:45 PM

We bought GMPP or GMEPP from Dennis for our 2001, 2006, 2009, and just now on out 2017.

I'm hoping the 2017 will break the trend, but we "made money" with the extended warranty on the three previous cars, getting back more (sometimes far more) in repairs than we paid for the coverage.

Hahabye 02-07-2018 09:06 PM

Purchased a 5 year 60k mile GMEPP Platinum warranty from Dennis earlier this week. As expected, Dennis was easy to work with and the plan was surprisingly affordable considering it covers my 2015 Z06 until 2023 and 70k+ miles! Thanks Dennis!

Bill
:cheers:

Dennis Fichtner 02-08-2018 12:51 PM

Thank You

I want to thank everyone that has posted their experience with me buying their warranties. It really means a lot to me knowing I am giving a great deal on these warranties and that everyone is happy with the service I provide, I take pride in doing it. As I am typing this I have just received (3) more applications for warranties. Just a few comments, as long as your car is under 36 months and 36,000 miles it still qualifies for new car pricing but once you go over 1 day or 1 mile it becomes used in their pricing and is all I can say is OUCH for the new pricing. Also there is a 1 month AND 1,000 mile lag period before any claims are paid so if you have a car with a March, April or even May due date BUY THE PLAN NOW. They add the 1 month and 1,000 mile to the plan so for example you buy a 48/40 you actually get 49/41 on the plan. If you need a quote from me again my email is dfichtner@dennymenholt.com and make sure to give me your VIN, exact miles and date of purchase if you bought it used and again Feb, March, April and May get your plans now. Also I can be reached at 406-896-3082 or my personal cell of 406-698-6355.

The Big Guy 03-07-2018 05:29 PM

How an I contact Mr. Fitchner for purchasing GM X Warranty ?
Bob Shalla

millers1 03-07-2018 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by The Big Guy (Post 1596737851)
How an I contact Mr. Fitchner for purchasing GM X Warranty ?
Bob Shalla

Look right above your post:lol:

Foosh 03-07-2018 05:58 PM

dfichtner@dennymenholt.com
406-698-6355

HOCKEY 03-07-2018 06:31 PM

Will get it when I get my car this summer. Great work

Inferno24 03-07-2018 07:20 PM

I have read several threads on extended warranties since I have signed on to this forum out back in Oct. of 17. The one thing all of these posts have in common is NO one posts the terms of their warranty, amount of coverage or the cost of said warranty. Now I know there are a lot of variables that go into the cost such as when you buy the warranty in relation to the age and mileage of the car, the amount of coverage, deductibles and length of the term. But if everyone posted that information wouldn't it give everyone a ball park figure on what it would cost? My car is a 2018 with 1500 miles on it and with all the posts about extended warranties I have NO idea what one would cost me. 1K, 2K 3K, more? Is there some forum rule that prevents you from saying how much it costs?

rmorin1249 03-07-2018 10:10 PM

'16 Stingray. 84 month/75k mile Platinum $0 ded GMEPP. Purchased with 15 miles on the car. Cost: $2015. Bought from Black Cadillac in Ebensburg PA. Deal conducted by phone. No tax. I live in MD.

Gearhead Jim 03-08-2018 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by Inferno18 (Post 1596738537)
I have read several threads on extended warranties since I have signed on to this forum out back in Oct. of 17. The one thing all of these posts have in common is NO one posts the terms of their warranty, amount of coverage or the cost of said warranty. Now I know there are a lot of variables that go into the cost such as when you buy the warranty in relation to the age and mileage of the car, the amount of coverage, deductibles and length of the term. But if everyone posted that information wouldn't it give everyone a ball park figure on what it would cost? My car is a 2018 with 1500 miles on it and with all the posts about extended warranties I have NO idea what one would cost me. 1K, 2K 3K, more? Is there some forum rule that prevents you from saying how much it costs?

It would indeed be nice if everyone did that. In the mean time, you can email Dennis with your VIN and miles, he'll send you some specifics.

Foosh 03-08-2018 12:24 AM

There's no point in wasting the time to post much less read all of that when it's so damned easy to pick up the phone and get an exact quote for your particular circumstances in way less time.

Skid Row Joe 03-08-2018 01:31 AM

I'm glad this extended warranty thread popped up again.

OK, so Foosh, I was just yesterday thinking about asking you on your opinion on whether you have the numbers of a drop dead time/mileage line for your getting extended coverage on your new 2018 C7? Are you just going to play it by ear for the time being and enjoy your new C7, or, are you contemplating a good time to get the plan in effect with coverage?

I'm wondering when my sweet spot for getting ext. coverage is too...

SRQStingray 03-08-2018 06:29 AM

I bought my warranty from Dennis two years ago. I’m in Sarasota.

Gearhead Jim 03-08-2018 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by Skid Row Joe (Post 1596740262)
I'm glad this extended warranty thread popped up again.

OK, so Foosh, I was just yesterday thinking about asking you on your opinion on whether you have the numbers of a drop dead time/mileage line for your getting extended coverage on your new 2018 C7? Are you just going to play it by ear for the time being and enjoy your new C7, or, are you contemplating a good time to get the plan in effect with coverage?

I'm wondering when my sweet spot for getting ext. coverage is too...

Email your VIN and miles to Dennis, ask him for numbers at 9k, 19k, and 29k miles, and last possible time; it seems the prices go up every 10k miles; though that could change without warning Then you can make a more informed decision. That's what we did for our 2017 and several previous Corvettes.

Generally, if you are going to keep the car a long time and put on lots of miles, it works out better to buy just before the first price change point. Garage queen, wait as long as possible.

Enjoy!

Inferno24 03-08-2018 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Foosh (Post 1596740123)
There's no point in wasting the time to post much less read all of that when it's so damned easy to pick up the phone and get an exact quote for your particular circumstances in way less time.

Wth all due respect, I don't see it as a waste of time. Thanks to the poster right after mine I now have a frame of reference as to cost for that type of coverage. Had I called for a price prior to that I would have no idea if I was getting a good price or not. This forum is about sharing information. How can sharing information about what you pay for a warranty be a waste of time but sharing information about the cost of a radar detector or anything else be more important?

Foosh 03-08-2018 08:56 AM

Yes, I understand, but Dennis is always going to give everyone the same low price available at that particular time. He and Ken have been operating that way for more than a decade now. There is no negotiating because they start w/ the lowest price they're willing to offer.

I have seen a few cases where some dealers have given it to their brand new car customers at dealer cost, which would probably be a little less than from Fichtner, but that usually only happens at time of sale or very shortly thereafter.

I'm all for sharing information, but there are so many variables that affect price, the probability of finding an exact time/mileage/plan duration scenario that fits your particular car is very low. Prices are also being adjusted fairly regularly.

Thus, my contention that wading through walls of words to try to find a scenario, which exactly fits your car's current situation and the same term you want, is a waste of time, and it may no longer apply because it's out of date.

Inferno24 03-08-2018 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Foosh (Post 1596740123)

Originally Posted by Foosh (Post 1596741096)
Yes, I understand, but Dennis is always going to give everyone the same low price available at that particular time. He and Ken have been operating that way for more than a decade now.

I have seen a few cases where some dealers have given it to their brand new car customers at dealer cost, which would probably be a little less than from Fichtner, but that usually only happens at time of sale or very shortly thereafter.

I'm all for sharing information, but there are so many variables that affect price, the probability of finding an exact time/mileage/plan duration scenario that fits your particular car is very low. Prices are also being adjusted fairly regularly.

Fair enough, I'll be calling him for a price also.

boofus1 03-08-2018 09:47 AM

Agree. Dennis was great to work with. :cheers:

musclecar6 03-08-2018 10:46 AM

FWIW, I just traded my 2014 Stingray that I took out a GMEPP extended service contract with Dennis Fictner about a year ago, for a 2016 Z06. When I took out a new GMEPP service contract on the Z06 with Dennis, I'm receiving a refund on the cancelled Stingray service contract( even if one doesn't get a new contract, you still get the full refund on the old contract). I paid some where around $ 1240 for the Stingray a year ago and I'm getting $ 970 back. I didn't have any claims but even if I had, I would still have received the same $ 970 back that Dennis told me about when I took out the policy. So it only cost $ 270 for a years coverage on my no deductible policy and can only imagine what it would have cost if I encountered some wild ass electrical fault at say $100/hr if the Chevy tech took tons of hours/parts trying to figure things out.

A few other things to consider about the GMEPP vs other warranty's. You can take your vette to any chevy dealer in the country for service. Also this policy covers the mag shocks ( although they are usually quite reliable) so if you do have a problem, you're good to go ( I don't think any other policy does. Hendrick's policy costing twice as much doesn't for example).

Bottom line is, if you want to make life easy at a great fair price, just call Dennis. He's a straight shooter and a pleasure to deal with.

Foosh 03-08-2018 11:43 AM

Agree, when I traded my 14 covered by a plan purchased from Dennis, I contacted him to cancel and had a refund check back within a couple of weeks. He took care of everything.

Skid Row Joe 03-08-2018 12:45 PM

This sounds like good advise.

In fact I did ask my Chev. dealer's financial guy about GM's ext. warranty when I sat down with him to pay for my new C7.
He basically sluffed my enquiry off, saying; "you can always get that anytime before your factory warranty expires."

He did not pursue the GM warranty with me, nor did I get a price quotation. Amazing. He had just launched into a full court press of their aftermarket warranty-insurance carrier they represent.
Full coverages including wheel coverage were up to about $5K, or so! He kept reducing the coverages as I declined each package he'd present. Talk about high-pressure!

So, I think it's worth my time going back to that Chev. dealer to get a GM ext. warranty quote, then compare with Dennis' pricing.

Anyone else get the other than GM, aftermarket ext. warranty package pressure with their Chev. dealer?

Maxie2U 03-08-2018 02:35 PM

Yes, I understand, but Dennis is always going to give everyone the same low price available at that particular time. He and Ken have been operating that way for more than a decade now. There is no negotiating because they start w/ the lowest price they're willing to offer.

Thus, my contention that wading through walls of words to try to find a scenario, which exactly fits your car's current situation and the same term you want, is a waste of time, and it may no longer apply because it's out of date.

:iagree:

You can also ask Dennis to give you pricing if reach 10,000 miles before you buy an extended warranty, known as the mileage penalty. In my case I bought just before hitting 10,000 miles which saved me $955.00 on a 84mo/56,000mile extended warranty.

BTW, I chose to buy just before my 3 year BTB warranty expired because I did not want overlapping warranties. Although I paid slightly more by waiting 2 1/2 years I now have what amounts to two plus extra extended warranty years.

ffr1352 03-13-2018 04:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I appreciate all who have posted pricing and what a great asset Dennis is to provide such reasonably priced warranties. How do you like the pricing i got from GM in the mail?! This kind of pricing makes me think Consumer Reports' reports of margin corvette quality are spot on.

attachment: $3.5k for 24 mos 24k miles, $5.5k for 36 mos 36k miles or $7.5k for 48 mos 48K miles.

Maxie2U 03-13-2018 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by ffr1352 (Post 1596777010)
I appreciate all who have posted pricing and what a great asset Dennis is to provide such reasonably priced warranties. How do you like the pricing i got from GM in the mail?! This kind of pricing makes me think Consumer Reports' reports of margin corvette quality are spot on.

attachment: $3.5k for 24 mos 24k miles, $5.5k for 36 mos 36k miles or $7.5k for 48 mos 48K miles.

That is unbelievably expense! Dude, email Dennis and if you don’t do not ask us anymore questions until you do.

LT1 Z51 03-13-2018 09:32 PM

Because my car turns 2 in April, I'm going to have to get a plan in August (because I know I can put on 1000 miles before the car sleeps for winter. I can't guarantee that I'll get a 1000 on once it wakes up.

Sucks that I basically have to eat 6 months out of the plan right away, but I guess either way I'd not get to use those last 6 months anyway (it would just be on the tail end).

Maxie2U 03-13-2018 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by LT1 Z51 (Post 1596779020)
Because my car turns 2 in April, I'm going to have to get a plan in August (because I know I can put on 1000 miles before the car sleeps for winter. I can't guarantee that I'll get a 1000 on once it wakes up.

Sucks that I basically have to eat 6 months out of the plan right away, but I guess either way I'd not get to use those last 6 months anyway (it would just be on the tail end).

I hear you. I had to buy mine 9 months early because I was only 150 miles shy of the mileage penalty. Had I waited to buy it three months* prior to the date my btb expired it would have cost me a $1000 more!

* there is a 3 month/1000 mile waiting period before the extended warranty kicks in.

Gearhead Jim 03-14-2018 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by Maxie2U (Post 1596778244)
That is unbelievably expense! Dude, email Dennis and if you don’t do not ask us anymore questions until you do.

Those numbers are way more than we paid for longer coverages on our 2017. I suspect they are full list price.
Like he said, get in touch with Dennis and good luck!

Skid Row Joe 03-14-2018 12:17 AM

^^^^ That is why it's extremely important to shop around for GM coverage. The benchmark of having a reasonable authorized seller's quotes is comforting to have here on forum. :yesnod:

Formula52 03-14-2018 08:33 AM

I bought a 7 year / 75,000 for my 2015 on Monday from Dennis. It was one easy transaction. Now I have some peace of mind on my C7 Auto if my Tranny should go....

Keystone Joe 03-14-2018 09:01 AM

Gmepp

Originally Posted by Dennis Fichtner (Post 1594892324)

Dennis, PM sent.

SANMAN 06-14-2018 02:37 PM

No help here

Just got email from Dennis, he cant sell in CALIFORNIA anymore.
So what do I do now? What dealer has decent costs? Not fair.
This state.......

Dyn 06-15-2018 12:51 PM

So if you have a GMPP is it now 3rd party garbage?

Dyn 06-15-2018 12:55 PM

Good gravy! That is nuts!!!

vette4lyn 06-15-2018 02:24 PM

Dennis and Ken

THE original first advertiser/vendor when Corvette Forum began long ago.

Been on here ever since.

Now THAT is credibility!

DTSanderson 07-02-2018 02:25 PM

Did his contact info change? I tried calling him last week and his cell number wasn't working.

Dennis Fichtner 07-02-2018 03:00 PM

DTSanderson

My office phone is 406-896-3082, personal cell is 406-698-6355 and my email is dfichtner@dennymenholt.com . Nothing has changed so don't know what number you were trying.

40flier 07-02-2018 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Dennis Fichtner (Post 1597521730)
DTSanderson

My office phone is 406-896-3082, personal cell is 406-698-6355 and my email is dfichtner@dennymenholt.com . Nothing has changed so don't know what number you were trying.

I submitted a request for quote on Friday afternoon with no response so far.

Dennis Fichtner 07-02-2018 05:09 PM

Emails

40 flier, if you did not get a quote from me I DID NOT GET an email from you. I answer all emails within at the most 15 minutes unless it is after 5 P.M. on Friday which I will then answer all email on Monday since I am off on Saturday and Sundays. I just checked all Friday afternoon emails and I either sold customers a plan or answered their request for a quote. The only other thing is maybe it went to your spam mail. Again my email is dfichtner@dennymenholt.com or your can request a quote thru our website at www.dennymenholtprotectionplans.com.

SBMGS 08-29-2018 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by Dennis Fichtner (Post 1597522703)
40 flier, if you did not get a quote from me I DID NOT GET an email from you. I answer all emails within at the most 15 minutes unless it is after 5 P.M. on Friday which I will then answer all email on Monday since I am off on Saturday and Sundays. I just checked all Friday afternoon emails and I either sold customers a plan or answered their request for a quote. The only other thing is maybe it went to your spam mail. Again my email is dfichtner@dennymenholt.com or your can request a quote thru our website at www.dennymenholtprotectionplans.com.

Hey Dennis, I sent a request for my car through the website. Please check it out. Thank you sir.

40flier 08-30-2018 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by SBMGS (Post 1597889089)

Hey Dennis, I sent a request for my car through the website. Please check it out. Thank you sir.

I don't know why this has been re-posted from July, I purchased a warranty thru Dennis that I am pleased with.

Matthewstorm 08-30-2018 12:21 PM

I called and emailed but never heard a word. Poor customer service in my opinion.

Dennis Fichtner 08-30-2018 12:47 PM

Response

Originally Posted by Matthewstorm (Post 1597892088)
I called and emailed but never heard a word. Poor customer service in my opinion.

No idea what is going on here, if I get an email from someone it gets answered. Maybe I responded and it went to your spam mail, I have no idea if that happens. If you could shoot me another email I will send you a Test response to make sure you are getting it.

For those of you asking for quotes thru www.dennymenholtprotectionplans.com they first go to Ken Fichtner(my nephew) and then are forwarded to me and upon receiving them I answer them.

SBMGS-did you get a response from me, if not please send me your VIN, miles, Date of purchase and state of residence to dfichtner@dennymenholt.com and matthewstorm you can do the same and I will get a quote immediately. The only time it takes me a little to get back to customers is over Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday since I am not at work at that time so Monday mornings I have an average of 150-175 emails to answer. Also I answer all calls left on my voicemail as soon as I possibly can so no idea what happened with matthewstorm!! I am sure there are plenty of my customers that will attest to my quick response and attention to getting a quote back and also answering voicemails if I get one. If you call the main dealership number that is a problem, I never get a message then. My direct line is 406-896-3082!!!!

Formula52 08-30-2018 12:52 PM

Me too. A very happy Dennis customer

Sconn 08-30-2018 12:57 PM

Dennis got right back to me with a quote when I emailed him... I'll be using him in the future for my extended warranty.

ira037 03-06-2019 10:02 PM

Hi. My name is Ira. Could you please send me an email with your phone number and email address so I can get a warranty. My email is ira037@aol.com. thanks